NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies?

5 posters

Go down

Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies? Empty Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies?

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1gzpEktyKo

Back to top Go down

Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies? Empty Re: Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies?

Post by Syl Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:07 pm

They dont look like babies, they look like pretty girls. Ugly old crones would hardly appeal to their target audience.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies? Empty Re: Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies?

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Syl wrote:They dont look like babies, they look like pretty girls. Ugly old crones would hardly appeal to their target audience.

I guess you never watched the video Syl

Ugly old crones are also used in disney films to represent villians, based on thier adult form, not necessarilly being old

Take snow white here she is offered an apple by an old lady

The story of Rapunzel

Cruella deville

Please watch the video as there is a reason why Disney charcaters have formed this way to appeal to children, as well as adults over time

If you have the good characters become more child like in appearance with cute features as they have become. It helps people use a basic naturlistic view to warm to them. Its why most people and animals have an inate ability to be drawn to cuteness. Its why a baby is born with very developed eye size, which seems very large, compared to when adult. They look so cute people get very warming and even broody with women over seeing babies

If you watch the video you will understand the nature behind all of this

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:20 pm

Thor wrote:
Syl wrote:They dont look like babies, they look like pretty girls. Ugly old crones would hardly appeal to their target audience.

Ugly old crones are also used in disney films to represent villians, based on thier adult form, not necessarilly being old

The story of Rapunzel

Cruella deville

Please watch the video as there is a reason why Disney charcaters have formed this way to appeal to children, as well as adults over time

If you have the good characters become more child like in appearance with cute features as they have become. It helps people use a basic naturlistic view to warm to them. Its why most people and animals have an inate ability to be drawn to cuteness. Its why a baby is born with very developed eye size, which seems very large, compared to when adult. They look so cute people get very warming and even broody with women over seeing babies

Yes I did watch the video.
He is just starting the  obvious imo.

Possibly princesses look younger now than they did decades ago is because people in general look younger, and more emphasis is given to physical features nowadays.....even for cartoons.
Either way  artists will make their characters as appealing as they can to sell the image....in reverse the old harridans and evil looking men will play the baddies....same as it always was.

An obvious case in point...Cinderella and her two UGLY sisters....pretty Cinders who is good and kind.
Ugly sisters who are mean and cruel.....nothing has changed.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:24 pm

Syl wrote:
Thor wrote:

The story of Rapunzel

Cruella deville

Possibly princesses look younger now than they did decades ago is because people in general look younger, and more emphasis is given to physical features nowadays.....even for cartoons.
Either way  artists will make theri characters as appealing as they can to sell the image....in reverse the old harridans and evil looking men will play the baddies....same as it always was.

Did you really watch this?

Seriously?

Going to test you on this

What did he say about proportions?

It isto do with making people look younger, but when you undestand how they have made them become more child like in proportions. When they are meant to be adults in the films. Then you understand why the reason is

I agree it is about appealling,. but I dont think you watched this through, based on your answers Syl, sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:28 pm

Thor wrote:
Syl wrote:

Either way  artists will make theri characters as appealing as they can to sell the image....in reverse the old harridans and evil looking men will play the baddies....same as it always was.

Did you really watch this?

Seriously?

Going to test you on this

What did he say about proportions?

It isto do with making people look younger, but when you undestand how they have made them become more child like in proportions. When they are meant to be adults in the films. Then you understand why the reason is

I agree it is about appealling,. but I dont think you watched this through, based on your answers Syl, sorry

Also explain the scientic tests performed on wild silver foxes through controlled breeding in Russia?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:31 pm

It is rather stating the obvious ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It is rather stating the obvious ...

Is it?

So why has the features changed over time in disnesy film from portraying charcaters as beautiful women, to child (espcially baby like facial features) like charactistics? What is called a Benjamin Button effect

If its stating the obvious, why was it never used before until very recently and how an evolution on this has happened?

Again if people watch the actual video, they may gain an insight Rags

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:44 pm

i watched it all

stating the obvious

i don't know what point he is trying to make, if any

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:48 pm

gelico wrote:

i watched it all

stating the obvious

Okay, what was the obvious to you gelico

Espicially about breeding with wild animals?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:53 pm

Thor wrote:
gelico wrote:

i watched it all

stating the obvious

So this post was 5 minutes ago and you claim you watched the whole video Gelico and yet you cannot answer

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:04 pm

Thor wrote:
gelico wrote:

i watched it all

stating the obvious

he was talking about body proportions getting smaller, eyes getting bigger, looking more cute. experiments with silver foxes which mad them more tame and altered their appearance,,,,

but i still dont get his point

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Thor wrote:
Thor wrote:

So this post was 5 minutes ago and you claim you watched the whole video Gelico and yet you cannot answer

Laughing

yes i watched the whole video. what is wrong with you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:12 pm

gelico wrote:
Thor wrote:

he was talking about body proportions getting smaller, eyes getting bigger, looking more cute.  experiments with silver foxes which mad them more tame and altered their appearance,,,,

So your reply was 11 minutes later with a video that was 8 minutes long

Glad you actually now did watch the video, when clearly you never did the first time

If you did, you would have been able to reply

Its why i posted a video called how to argue with assholes. Not that you are, but the best way to catch people out is to ask them questions, which if you had watched, you would have been able to reply straight away

No the experiments with the foxes was around controlled breeding

Those more friendly to humans were allowed to breed and others were not. Which created a more docile breed of silver fox, over 23 generations, which even saw a change in the appearnace over time. This is why smelly never understands breeds compared to race

We play as an animal species, which we also see different species care for other young species. Where even a lioness can care for a baby dear. Is based around an inate cuteness factor that plays on the instinct, espcially with mothers. So what is the best way to tune into children. Change the appearance of adults into child like proportions and make them far cuter and more relatable. To an age set, which is less influenced by stigmas and prejudice. Its why there has been an evolution. As cuteness is a key, that we should actually look more to, to diffuse many conflicts.

I doubt anyone has looked at this reality or possibility

Last edited by Thor on Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:14 pm

It's just encouraging the lollipop look IMO.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's just encouraging the lollipop look IMO.

Is it?

Show me the correlation and what lollipop look you are talking about?

Or is it encouraging children to be more inclusive, as there adults already are when they see babies?

Which is also found throughout the animal kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:19 pm

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It's just encouraging the lollipop look IMO.

Is it?

Or is it encouraging children to be more inclusive, as there adults already are when they see babies?

When girls or women lose a lot of weight so their head looks large in comparison to their body.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

Is it?

When girls or women lose a lot of weight so their head looks large in comparison to their body.

Nothing to do with weight but age proportions in size

Again, you never watched the video, did you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:24 pm

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nothing to do with weight but age proportions in size

Again, you never watched the video, did you?

Also how is this going to encourage children to lose a lot of weight, based on charcaters as child like proportions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:30 pm

I would have thought the answer was obvious.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:42 pm

Thor wrote:
gelico wrote:

he was talking about body proportions getting smaller, eyes getting bigger, looking more cute.  experiments with silver foxes which mad them more tame and altered their appearance,,,,

Glad you actually now did watch the video, when clearly you never did the first time

Its why i posted a video called how to argue with assholes. Not that you are, but the best way to catch people out is to ask them questions, which if you had watched, you would have been able to reply straight away

Those more friendly to humans were allowed to breed and others were not. Which created a more docile breed of silver fox, over 23 generations, which even saw a change in the appearnace over time. This is why smelly never understands breeds compared to race

We play as an animal species, which we also see different species care for other young species. Where even a lioness can care for a baby dear. Is based around an inate cuteness factor that plays on the instinct, espcially with mothers. So what is the best way to tune into children. Change the appearance of adults into child like proportions and make them far cuter and more relatable. To an age set, which is less influenced by stigmas and prejudice. Its why there has been an evolution. As cuteness is a key, that we should actually look more to, to diffuse many conflicts.

1) i watched it the first time, i have no need to lie

2) i understood perfectly well the fox experiment

3) ''As cuteness is a key, that we should actually look more to, to diffuse many conflicts''

and that is the point of the video??? if not what is??.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:08 pm

gelico wrote:
Thor wrote:

1)  i watched it the first time, i have no need to lie

2)  i understood perfectly well the fox experiment

3)  ''As cuteness is a key, that we should actually look more to, to diffuse many conflicts''

and that is the point of the video???  if not what is??.

1) Bullshit

2) Bullshit

3) Not the point of the video at all proving you did not watch it. That last point you highlight was my opinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I would have thought the answer was obvious.

Please explain if it is onvious

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:17 pm

Thor wrote:
gelico wrote:

1)  i watched it the first time, i have no need to lie

2)  i understood perfectly well the fox experiment

3)  ''As cuteness is a key, that we should actually look more to, to diffuse many conflicts''

and that is the point of the video???  if not what is??.

1) Bullshit

2) Bullshit

3) Not the point of the video at all proving you did not watch it. That last point you highlight was my opinion

well, fuck off then you arrogant, boring, attention seeking cunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:19 pm

gelico wrote:
Thor wrote:

1) Bullshit

2) Bullshit

well, fuck off then you arrogant, boring, attention seeking cunt

No thanks.

How you getting on with basic maths within stats?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:13 am

Thor wrote:

Correct. They know we are programmed to find infant features and body proportions appealing. Smile

The runaway success of ET all those decades ago was put down to the appearance of the face which matches the human fetus appearance! Made the audience feel very protective towards it.
Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies? 1814

However the latest movie heroine Alita - her distractingly huge peepers have attracted criticism. Too much of a good thing lol!!  Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies? 3489511464
Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies? Hqdefault

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:15 am

Jules wrote:
Thor wrote:

Correct. They know we are programmed to find infant features and body proportions appealing. Smile

The runaway success of ET all those decades ago was put down to the appearance of the face which matches the human fetus appearance! Made the audience feel very protective towards it.
Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies? 1814

However the latest movie heroine Alita - her distractingly huge peepers have attracted criticism. Too much of a good thing lol!!  Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies? 3489511464
Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies? Hqdefault

lol, I didnt think of ET and that is a very good point Jules

Alita does look a tad wierd

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:43 am

The Eye size thing is also to appeal to an Asian Audience, it's a long standing prominent feature of Anime.

Part of the reason for the popularity and copying of the Anime style by Disney and other western animators is because it is efficient.
it makes it easy to animate a wide range of expressions, and because humans instinctively look at eyes to judge moods and emotions (even in non-human animals) it makes it easy to follow for the viewer too, which makes it preferable for a younger audience. 

I think this is why Alita looks so weird it's based on a Manga(Adult Anime) and Her eyes where Large in relation to other Characters
Why Do Disney Princesses All Look Like Babies? Battle-Angel

I was looking for a clip and found a whole movie (there is also a long series)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:46 am

Very interesting Veya, with regards to Anime
Something I know very little about to be honest

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:04 am

Thor wrote:Very interesting Veya, with regards to Anime
Something I know very little about to be honest

there are some you'd really like (80's/90's ones particularly)

while there was always the more commercial ones like Dragonball etc there are some that are Animated because it would have been too expensive to film at the time and the concepts are too intellectual for a wider audience and at the time it was the cheapest way to get a story concept on screen.

there is also a lot that are just an excuse for violence and nudity, in it's content it can be very broad from extremely artistic to trashy teen fantasy.

One I Always recommend for the artistic value is 'Grave of the Fireflies' by studio Ghibli  (Japanese Disney)

I found the subtitle version for free (it's a better translation as long as you are fine with subtitles)

Here the trailer to tempt you, Set in Japan after ww2 it is as powerful (or more) than films like Schindler's list and other top Hollywood films in a similar vein.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:07 am

Cheers Veya. Willl find some time to watch the first video properly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:25 pm

I have noticed that animation now tends to make characters bigger-eyed and smaller-nosed etc.

I thought it was because children’s films are now computer animations rather than drawings (cartoons).

Ps I didn’t watch the video Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:36 am

eddie wrote:I have noticed that animation now tends to make characters bigger-eyed and smaller-nosed etc.

I thought it was because children’s films are now computer animations rather than drawings (cartoons).

Ps I didn’t watch the video Razz

it's cause it's the Japanese/Korean style which has become popular, for a combination of popular content(pokemon) and ease of production (explained above)

but I think the noses is actually a 'beauty preference' in both Japanese and Korean Culture ... To a degree it is in British Culture as well.. the big bulbous nose is normally the villain Neutral
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down