NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awkward moment CNN legal analyst accuses radio host David Webb of 'white privilege' before learning he's BLACK

Go down

Awkward moment CNN legal analyst accuses radio host David Webb of 'white privilege' before learning he's BLACK Empty Awkward moment CNN legal analyst accuses radio host David Webb of 'white privilege' before learning he's BLACK

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 pm

A civil rights attorney was embarrassed live on air Tuesday when she was scolded by a radio host she said possessed white privilege.

Areva Martin, who describes herself as an 'advocate, commentator, author, TV host and producer' was speaking on David Webb's Sirius XM radio program about experience being more important than race when it comes to landing a job role.  However the co-host of Face the Truth on CBS and CNN Legal Analyst seemingly made the mistake of assuming the presenter's race when he claimed he had never regarded his race as a barrier when obtaining work.

'I've chosen to cross different parts of the media world, done the work so that I'm qualified to be in each one. I never considered my color the issue, I considered my qualifications the issue,' Webb said on his Patriot show. It led Martin to respond with a statement that suggested she believed Webb was Caucasian.

'That's a whole, another long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing, that people of color don't have the privilege of,' she replied.

It emerged she had the wrong idea when Webb probed further into her thinking.

'How do I have the privilege of white privilege?' he questioned her. To which she hit back. 'David, by virtue of being a white male you have white privilege.'

However Martin was soon corrected when the host – whose radio show also appears on TV via Fox Nation – realized she had no idea he was African American.

'You see, you went to white privilege; this is the falsehood in this,' Webb hit back. 'You went immediately with an assumption. Your people, obviously, or you didn't look.

'Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should've been better prepped. I'm black.'

Webb went on to explain his accolades as an African American male as he appeared to quash the notion of white privilege in terms of climbing the career ladder.

He used his own success at Fox to suggest race wasn't a factor, at least for him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6596443/Civil-rights-attorney-forced-apologize-saying-BLACK-radio-host-white-privilege.html

Back to top Go down

Awkward moment CNN legal analyst accuses radio host David Webb of 'white privilege' before learning he's BLACK Empty Re: Awkward moment CNN legal analyst accuses radio host David Webb of 'white privilege' before learning he's BLACK

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:12 am

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down