NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Ride for Fred..

2 posters

Go down

A New Ride for Fred.. Empty A New Ride for Fred..

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:23 pm

Cool

When I saw this little beauty being advertised on the Popular Mechanics website, straight away I thought of you, Fred !!!

Just what you need parked out in the barn --

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a25836654/for-sale-one-mig-29-fighter-jet/

(Don't know how you would get it home, though -- might have to go 'round the long way?).
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

A New Ride for Fred.. Empty Re: A New Ride for Fred..

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:47 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Cool

When I saw this little beauty being advertised on the Popular Mechanics website,  straight away I thought of you, Fred  !!!

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a25836654/for-sale-one-mig-29-fighter-jet/

(Don't know how you would get it home, though --  might have to go 'round the long way?).

Cool plane wolf, but I think any day of the week Fred would prefer either the following

FSX Spitfire PR.XIX PS888

A New Ride for Fred.. 9530-spitlastzip-2-3

Or maybe this

Mosquito fighter

A New Ride for Fred.. Mossie1200_480

Or myabe this

Harrier Jump Jet

A New Ride for Fred.. Hqdefault

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:22 pm

When I saw this little beauty being advertised on the Popular Mechanics website,  straight away I thought of you, Fred  !!!

(Don't know how you would get it home, though --  might have to go 'round the long way?).

A good bird puller, but not much room in the driving compartment for any rumpy-pumpy...and the fuel consumption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm more of a MiG21 fan myself, hailing from an era when the Hawker Hunter was state-of-the-art....but for me the DH Vampire is the sweetest l'il jet fighter ever to take to the skies. I even have a photo of myself sitting in the cockpit of one, taken in my days as a cadet. The RAF Museum in North London has one, so maybe that's where I ought to be, too.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:26 pm

Thor wrote:

Cool plane wolf, but I think any day of the week Fred would prefer either the following

Or maybe this

Mosquito fighter

Or myabe this

Harrier Jump Jet

There's a privately-owned and very rare twin seat Spitfifre that's normally based at the Imperial War Museum near Cambridge. I have hinted to my family that my 80th birthday is coming up in a few months, and that if they are stuck for an idea for a prezzie, they might like to consider.......................
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Thor wrote:

Or maybe this

Mosquito fighter

Or myabe this

Harrier Jump Jet

There's a privately-owned and very rare twin seat Spitfifre that's normally based at the Imperial War Museum near Cambridge. I have hinted to my family that my 80th birthday is  coming up in a few months, and that if they are stuck for an idea for a prezzie, they might like to consider.......................

I truely hope that birthday dream comes true for you Fred.

That would be truely amasing. 

As a side note. Is there any plane ever built, you would like to have flown, that you never did?

Did you ever get to fly any older planes, like any of the bi-planes?

How about the Gloster Gladiator? As that has sentimental value to me, with the fact I am part Maltese.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:00 pm

Thor wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

There's a privately-owned and very rare twin seat Spitfifre that's normally based at the Imperial War Museum near Cambridge. I have hinted to my family that my 80th birthday is  coming up in a few months, and that if they are stuck for an idea for a prezzie, they might like to consider.......................

As a side note. Is there any plane ever built, you would like to have flown, that you never did?

How about the Gloster Gladiator? As that has sentimental value to me, with the fact I am part Maltese.

I flew Chipmunks and Ansons and only under supervision, but I never fully qualified for aircrew mainly because an eyesight problem was discovered early in my training. I have flown in a Tiger Moth biplane, but only as a passenger.

The Gladiator was well before my time. I've seen one in a museum...beautiful design and
I believe their pilots loved them. They were completely outclassed by the Luftwaffe's monoplanes and were superseded in this country by the Spitfire and Hurricane.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:09 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Thor wrote:

I flew Chipmunks and Ansons and only under supervision, but I never fully qualified for aircrew mainly because an eyesight problem was discovered early in my training. I have flown in a Tiger Moth biplane, but only as a passenger.

The Gladiator was well before my time. I've seen one in a museum...beautiful design and
I believe their pilots loved them. They were completely outclassed by the Luftwaffe's monoplanes and were superseded in this country by the Spitfire and Hurricane.

Indeed Fred, but those pilots against the odds, stood up to the luftwaffe and Regia Aeronautica. In the beginning that is all they had and still took the fight to the Regia Aeronautica against the odds. That is true bravery, as they wqere up against the Macchi fighters. Which were far superior to the  Gladiator. Never shied away from taking them on.

That is why I hold all the people, espcially the fighter pilots that flew in defence of the island in such high regard. Espicially Geogre Burling.

Even with Hurricans, they held back the attacks against the ME 109, until spitfires could be sent and flown from aircraft carriers to the Island in their greatest hour of need. Its why the maltese people hold in high regard those fighter pilots aqnd their sacrifice.

The tiger moth is a beautiful plane mate.

I truely hope that birthday dream of yours come s true

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down