NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tulsi Gabbard says she will run for president in 2020

+5
nicko
eddie
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
Maddog
9 posters

Go down

Tulsi Gabbard says she will run for president in 2020 Empty Tulsi Gabbard says she will run for president in 2020

Post by Maddog Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 am

(CNN)Rep. Tulsi Gabbard said Friday she will run for president in 2020.

"I have decided to run and will be making a formal announcement within the next week," the Hawaii Democrat told CNN's Van Jones during an interview slated to air at 7 p.m. Saturday on CNN's "The Van Jones Show."
Gabbard, an Iraq War veteran, currently serves on the House Foreign Affairs Committee. She is the first American Samoan and the first Hindu member of Congress.

"There are a lot of reasons for me to make this decision. There are a lot of challenges that are facing the American people that I'm concerned about and that I want to help solve," she said, listing health care access, criminal justice reform and climate change as key platform issues.

"There is one main issue that is central to the rest, and that is the issue of war and peace," Gabbard added. "I look forward to being able to get into this and to talk about it in depth when we make our announcement."
Rania Batrice, who was a deputy campaign manager for Bernie Sanders in 2016 and is now a top aide to Gabbard, will be the campaign manager, Batrice says.

In 2015, Gabbard, then a vice-chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, was sharply critical of its then-chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz for scheduling just six presidential debates during the 2016 primary election cycle. She later resigned her post as DNC vice chair to become one of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders' highest-profile supporters, aligning herself with his populist economic message.

Gabbard has staked out anti-interventionist foreign policy positions in Congress. Her 2017 meeting with Syrian dictator Bashar Al-Assad drew widespread criticism. "Initially, I hadn't planned on meeting him," Gabbard told CNN's Jake Tapper in January of 2017. "When the opportunity arose to meet with him, I did so because I felt it's important that if we profess to truly care about the Syrian people, about their suffering, then we've got to be able to meet with anyone that we need to if there is a possibility that we could achieve peace, and that's exactly what we talked about."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/11/politics/tulsi-gabbard-van-jones/index.html

I have never voted for a Dem, and I probably wont start with her, but if I were ever to be swayed...............................

That being said, I don't think the Dems are smart enough to pick her.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Tulsi Gabbard says she will run for president in 2020 Empty Re: Tulsi Gabbard says she will run for president in 2020

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:28 am

Yeah, she's pretty kool.

But I've said before, without bias, America will never pick a woman as president. Wrong typecasting.

Some point out that Europeans pick women for PM all the time. But they have parliamentary systems, where the PM is not chosen by the people.

Hell, we have a woman as Speaker of the House. Again, selected by other legislators. Asking for a women to be chosen for president, is like asking the audience to select a woman to play Rhett Butler in Gone With The Wind. Wrong casting.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Tulsi Gabbard says she will run for president in 2020 Empty Re: Tulsi Gabbard says she will run for president in 2020

Post by Maddog Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:21 am

Original Quill wrote:Yeah, she's pretty kool.

But I've said before, without bias, America will never pick a woman as president.  Wrong typecasting.

Some point out that Europeans pick women for PM all the time.  But they have parliamentary systems, where the PM is not chosen by the people.

Hell, we have a woman as Speaker of the House.  Again, selected by other legislators.  Asking for a women to be chosen for president, is like asking the audience to select a woman to play Rhett Butler in Gone With The Wind.  Wrong casting.

I heard that about a black man too.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:23 am

And this isn't really about her winning the presidency.  Obviously Dems will nominate a woman.  There is a good chance they do it again. But are they smart enough to pick this one.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:32 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Yeah, she's pretty kool.

But I've said before, without bias, America will never pick a woman as president.  Wrong typecasting.

Some point out that Europeans pick women for PM all the time.  But they have parliamentary systems, where the PM is not chosen by the people.

Hell, we have a woman as Speaker of the House.  Again, selected by other legislators.  Asking for a women to be chosen for president, is like asking the audience to select a woman to play Rhett Butler in Gone With The Wind.  Wrong casting.

There's no gender conflict with a black man. It worked, and worked very well. Dr. Obama is arguably the greatest president the US has ever had.

No, the theory that a woman won't work as president comes directly from Central Casting. Is Scarlett O'Hara to be played by Jean-Claude Van Damme? The American president is supposed to be a male super-hero. A vagina does not fit.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

There's no gender conflict with a black man.  It worked, and worked very well.  Dr. Obama is arguably the greatest president the US has ever had.

No, the theory that a woman won't work as president comes directly from Central Casting.  Is Scarlett O'Hara to be played by Jean-Claude Van Damme?  The American president is supposed to be a male super-hero.  A vagina does not fit.

Are you saying the Dems will never nominate another woman?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:03 pm

Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, what did they all have in common?

More personality than the person they ran against.

Just saying.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

There's no gender conflict with a black man.  It worked, and worked very well.  Dr. Obama is arguably the greatest president the US has ever had.

No, the theory that a woman won't work as president comes directly from Central Casting.  Is Scarlett O'Hara to be played by Jean-Claude Van Damme?  The American president is supposed to be a male super-hero.  A vagina does not fit.

No. I'm saying a woman will never be elected. This is all down to the electorate, not the party.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No.  I'm saying a woman will never be elected.  This is all down to the electorate, not the party.
"That being said, I don't think the Dems are smart enough to pick her."

I guess you missed this.  
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:13 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, what did they all have in common?

Just saying.

There may be something to that, unfortunately.  

That may come into play in picking nominees too.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:53 pm

Funny, she's native American.

Wonder why my bias didn't kick in with her? Maybe I'm anti male. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:57 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, what did they all have in common?

Just saying.

That’s a very fair point. I think Michelle Obama should run. I’d be interested in seeing that and I think she’d make a pretty good president.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:01 pm

eddie wrote:

Just saying.

That’s a very fair point. I think Michelle Obama should run. I’d be interested in seeing that and I think she’d make a pretty good president.

Romney had as good a personality as Obama. I would agree with the others.

It why Nixon lost to Kennedy in 1960, and why Lincoln would be laughed at now.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:07 pm

eddie wrote:

Just saying.

I like Michelle, too. But, America, as a people, will never elect a female.

I like the idea of a 3d party, but Howard Schultz is the wrong guy to do it. Republicans are wrinkled old white males, part of the last century. Democrats are snowflakes, afraid of their own shadows. We not only need fresh blood, but fresh institutions.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:08 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

Just saying.

Actually I never liked Bush and Clinton turned out to be a cunt. Tulsi Gabbard says she will run for president in 2020 2190311264
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:08 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

Just saying.

I don't think he had quite as good a personality. Plus he was seen by many as an out of touch super rich guy, and he wrote off a huge chunk of the American public.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:10 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I don't think he had quite as good a personality. Plus he was seen by many as an out of touch super rich guy, and he wrote off a huge chunk of the American public.

Didn't hurt Trump. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

I like Michelle, too.  But, America, as a people, will never elect a female.

I like the idea of a 3d party, but Howard Schultz is the wrong guy to do it.  Republicans are wrinkled old white males, part of the last century.  Democrats are snowflakes, afraid of their own shadows.  We not only need fresh blood, but fresh institutions.

Americans will likely elect a woman in 2020.

Sometimes I wonder what fucking country you live in?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:26 pm

England ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:13 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I like Michelle, too.  But, America, as a people, will never elect a female.

I like the idea of a 3d party, but Howard Schultz is the wrong guy to do it.  Republicans are wrinkled old white males, part of the last century.  Democrats are snowflakes, afraid of their own shadows.  We not only need fresh blood, but fresh institutions.

I'm delighted.  But I don't think you can come through with that.  If the population elects directly, they will type cast.  Look how easily it was to smear Hilary as a bitch and a cunt.  She was done in by people of her own gender.  They voted for the male, in the male role.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:57 pm

Maddog wrote:Funny, she's native American.

Smile

"Native American"  ???    You sure of that ?

I took it that she was Samoan (i.e. Polynesian -- same as Tongans, Fijians, et al; and similar ethnicity to Hawaiins, Maoris, etc.) x European..

And a Hindu (a bit of Indian heritage in there as well ?)

Being born in West Samoa makes her a born-in-American..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:52 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:Funny, she's native American.

Smile

I took it that she was Samoan (i.e. Polynesian -- same as Tongans, Fijians, et al; and similar ethnicity to Hawaiins, Maoris, etc.) x European..

She is an indigenous person, like an American Indian or Eskimo. She is of Samoan ancestry born in Amercan Samoa.  

She's also not an idiot.  And my assessment of her or any indigenous person has nothing to do with their ethnicity.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:27 am

It might happen sooner.
It seems Mueller is finalising his investigation.
Orange jumpsuit for the the Trumpster.

Robert Mueller probe into Russian election tampering 'close to being completed'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/robert-mueller-probe-russian-election-13920520#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:06 am

Stone to Testify.

Noose is tightening.

Squeaky bum time for Farage, who has ties to the Orange crook.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1079266/Trump-news-Roger-Stone-Robert-Mueller-WikiLeaks-russia-investigation

Mueller seeking more details on Nigel Farage, key Russia inquiry target says

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/13/nigel-farage-mueller-russia-investigation-trump-latest-jerome-corsi-claim?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:44 am

Andy wrote:It might happen sooner.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/robert-mueller-probe-russian-election-13920520#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare

Idea

Under the US constitution, they still won't have another earlier election before 2020.

Even if Trump is booted out before the end of this year, another Repub' will be warming the seat until then..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:38 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Idea

Under the US constitution, they still won't have another earlier election before 2020.

Even if Trump is booted out before the end of this year, another Repub' will be warming the seat until then..
Correct, Pence becomes president.  Only in the unprecedented move that both the VP and Pres were to quit or be removed at the same time, would Pelosi become president.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:40 pm

You should probably study up on our system if you're going to comment constantly about it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:07 pm

Maddog wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Smile

She is an indigenous person, like an American Indian or Eskimo. She is of Samoan ancestry born in Amercan Samoa.  

She's also not an idiot.  And my assessment of her or any indigenous person has nothing to do with their ethnicity.

Haha...nice try. A Pacific islander--which is what a Samoan is--is not a person indigenous to the North American Continent. Just because the terrain is a territory, politically affiliated with the US, does not alter the genetic structure of the people.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:08 pm

Maddog wrote:

You should probably study up on our system if you're going to comment constantly about it.

I don't need to fully understand the US legal and political system to understand that when Trump goes down, he will lose that smirk and will be wearing overalls that match his hair.
No-one will be worse than this corrupt idiot.
A gorilla could do a better job.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:31 pm

Maddog wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Idea

Correct, Pence becomes president.  Only in the unprecedented move that both the VP and Pres were to quit or be removed at the same time, would Pelosi become president.

It's not unlikely in this case, that the vice president will be impeached too.  The issue is violations of the Espionage Act and associated crimes.  The conspiracy with the Russians was uncovered by the FBI, in part, by Mr. Flynn’s telephonic conversations with the Russian ambassador to the United States, Sergey I. Kislyak.   When Acting Attorney General Sally Yeats came to the White House on January 26, 2017, to report the activity:

New York Times wrote:Mr. Flynn denied that they had discussed American sanctions, an assertion echoed by Vice President Mike Pence and the White House press secretary, Sean Spicer. But senior F.B.I. and Justice Department officials knew otherwise. Mr. Kislyak, like many foreign diplomats, was under routine surveillance, and his conversations with Mr. Flynn were recorded, officials have said. Investigators knew that Mr. Flynn had, in fact, discussed sanctions.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/08/us/politics/michael-flynn-sally-yates-hearing.html

Ms. Yeats indeed reported to the vice President directly, as he had been head of the transition team.  In turn, the vice President went along with retaining the National Security Adviser Flynn, knowing full well that there was a Russian conspiracy afoot.  The claim that Pence believed Mr. Flynn's denials, was and is an on-going ruse, as Pence knew all along.

That makes Mr. Pence a part of the espionage conspiracy, and therefore guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors along with Mr. Trump.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:00 pm

I always fancied Sarah Palin, myself............
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:22 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:I always fancied Sarah Palin, myself............
She is second hand goods, Fred. Trump has already splashed out on a dress for her.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:00 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:I always fancied Sarah Palin, myself............

Under currant laws of succession, the presidency would past to the Speaker of the House.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Has the swamp drained yet?
That's all I wanna know. Suspect

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Haha...nice try.  A Pacific islander--which is what a Samoan is--is not a person indigenous to the North American Continent.  Just because the terrain is a territory, politically affiliated with the US, does not alter the genetic structure of the people.

Did I say Native North American?

She is an American citizen, of indigenous origin.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:43 pm

Andy wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I don't need to fully understand the US legal and political system to understand that when Trump goes down, he will lose that smirk and will be wearing overalls that match his hair.
No-one will be worse than this corrupt idiot.
A gorilla could do a better job.

Well, if you actually knew about our system, you would know that the chance of Trump being removed from office is fairly remote.

He may quit.

He will likely lose in 2020 and that will be the end of it.

And the chance of him being arrested is extremely rare.

Why do you care so much anyway? Can't be good for you. tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I'm delighted.  But I don't think you can come through with that.  If the population elects directly, they will type cast.  Look how easily it was to smear Hilary as a bitch and a cunt.  She was done in by people of her own gender.  They voted for the male, in the male role.

Well, she was a bitch and a cunt. tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:45 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

There's that pronouncement again.  Without cause or evidence.  It's just, "lock her up".  Forget why.

See?  Such groundlessness is why I say that a woman, in a presidential race, is dead on arrival.  People become irrational when it is a woman vying for the position.  What they are expressing--perhaps silently--is that a woman is not right for the part.  She doesn't fit the role.

It wasn't Hilary.  Hilary did nothing wrong.  It's the vagina.  Vaginas can't do battle.  Vaginas were meant for cooking and cleaning and having babies.  Sorry, but that is where the common American is today.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:17 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

There's that pronouncement again.  Without cause or evidence.  It's just, "lock her up".  Forget why.

See?  Such groundlessness is why I say that a woman, in a presidential race, is dead on arrival.  People become irrational when it is a woman vying for the position.  What they are expressing--perhaps silently--is that a woman is not right for the part.  She doesn't fit the role.

It wasn't Hilary.  Hilary did nothing wrong.  It's the vagina.  Vaginas can't do battle.  Vaginas were meant for cooking and cleaning and having babies.  Sorry, but that is where the common American is today.
You're out of touch. I know plenty of people that voted for her, and felt like they needed a shower afterwards.   

Her defense of her husband and attack on women he assaulted burned too many bridges.  

Most Democrats that believe in a diety are praying to God she stays out of this race.  They know women who are several notches above Hillary are running this time around.  They are done with her.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:11 pm

Maddog wrote:You're out of touch. I know plenty of people that voted for her, and felt like they needed a shower afterwards.  

That's the feeling they get from voting for a woman.  Hillary personally did nothing wrong.  It's a cultural thing.

America will never elect a female president.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:You're out of touch. I know plenty of people that voted for her, and felt like they needed a shower afterwards.  

That's the feeling they get from voting for a woman.  Hillary personally did nothing wrong.  It's a cultural thing.

Nah, It's Hillary thing. She threw other women under the bus, and unlike you, some folks didn't appreciate it. Especially other women.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:08 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Nah, It's Hillary thing. She threw other women under the bus, and unlike you, some folks didn't appreciate it. Especially other women.

It's always something. It always will be something. I mean, they always will find it in the details to pick apart somebody, but the theme is constant: no females.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:33 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's always something.  It always will be something.  I mean, they always will find it in the details to pick apart somebody, but the theme is constant: no females.

No, I know females that don't have an issue with Elizabeth Warren. Even I don't think she is a lowlife like Hillary.

You don't seem to be able to distinguish respected women, from those who are not.

Michelle Obama is another good example. Plenty of people that loathe Hillary, respect her.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:31 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's always something.  It always will be something.  I mean, they always will find it in the details to pick apart somebody, but the theme is constant: no females.

No, I know females that don't have an issue with Elizabeth Warren. Even I don't think she is a lowlife like Hillary.

You don't seem to be able to distinguish respected women, from those who are not.

Michelle Obama is another good example. Plenty of people that loathe Hillary, respect her.  

No one has ever found anything wrong or illegal about Elizabeth Warren. No one has ever found anything wrong or illegal about Michelle Obama. No one has ever found anything wrong or illegal about Hillary Clinton. It is just that the Republicans did their number on Hillary, and it worked. BECAUSE SHE RAN FOR PRESIDENT.

If Elizabeth runs...if Michelle runs...if any female runs, then the Republicans will gear up and do the same thing to her (whoever 'her' is). The point is there is an open invitation to do a woman candidate in, whoever she is, because she's an easy target. The deck is stacked...Americans will never elect a female president.

Wrong type-casting. A woman does not fit the role of Rhett Butler.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:48 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No one has ever found anything wrong or illegal about Elizabeth Warren.  No one has ever found anything wrong or illegal about Michelle Obama.  No one has ever found anything wrong or illegal about Hillary Clinton.  It is just that the Republicans did their number on Hillary, and it worked.  BECAUSE SHE RAN FOR PRESIDENT.

If Elizabeth runs...if Michelle runs...if any female runs, then the Republicans will gear up and do the same thing to her (whoever 'her' is).  The point is there is an open invitation to do a woman candidate in, whoever she is, because she's an easy target.  The deck is stacked...Americans will never elect a female president.

Wrong type-casting.  A woman does not fit the role of Rhett Butler.

Hillary threw women under the bus when Bill was sexually assaulting them.

Warren or Michelle didn't treat women like that.

You're being obtuse. It's not the Republicans that did a number on her. It's the fact that about 5% of the Dems that voted for Obama, couldn't vote for her, because of her baggage. She did a number on herself. You can't be a champion for women and treat them like she did.

I often wonder if you really live in the US, because you are so out of touch with the people that live here.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:04 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No one has ever found anything wrong or illegal about Elizabeth Warren.  No one has ever found anything wrong or illegal about Michelle Obama.  No one has ever found anything wrong or illegal about Hillary Clinton.  It is just that the Republicans did their number on Hillary, and it worked.  BECAUSE SHE RAN FOR PRESIDENT.

If Elizabeth runs...if Michelle runs...if any female runs, then the Republicans will gear up and do the same thing to her (whoever 'her' is).  The point is there is an open invitation to do a woman candidate in, whoever she is, because she's an easy target.  The deck is stacked...Americans will never elect a female president.

Wrong type-casting.  A woman does not fit the role of Rhett Butler.

Hillary threw women under the bus when Bill was sexually assaulting them.

Warren or Michelle didn't treat women like that.

Is this the theory that Hillary had an obligation to leave her husband as soon as she caught him philandering?  And that that obligation inured to the benefit (or disbenefit) of other women?

That's kinda like, every dollar you earn is making someone a dollar poorer...so, don't make money!!

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:21 pm

Maddog wrote:You're being obtuse. It's not the Republicans that did a number on her. It's the fact that about 5% of the Dems that voted for Obama, couldn't vote for her, because of her baggage. She did a number on herself. You can't be a champion for women and treat them like she did.

You don't get the bigger picture: Americans will never elect a female president.

So, now, knowing that, Republicans pull every anti-female trick they know to play upon the fact that they know America will never elect a female president.

I keep telling you: it goes back to roles.  Women are judged more, and more severely, and so they operate in much narrower confines.  If Sen. Lindsay Graham shouts angrily in a Senate hearing, he is being forceful.  If a woman does the same, she is a bitch...or worse, she is on the rag.

Any woman, in a masterful role such as president, is going to meet the same judgment.  The whole idea of womanhood is being coddled and having babies, holding doors for her, seating her, giving her your coat when cold.  These are not just the norms, but the valued norms.

You put her in a boxing match with a man, and she's going to be judged, not by the rules of queensbury, but by the rules of queens: be pretty, act demurely, and for god's sake don't raise your voice!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:34 pm

Maddog wrote:I often wonder if you really live in the US, because you are so out of touch with the people that live here.

That's because I live in a more intelligent, educated part of the nation.  You are a cracker, living in the south...land of cotton and tobacco, land of racism, land of guns and school shootings, land of...well, Charlottesville.

I come from the north, land of manufacture and mercantilism, land of rational thought, figuring things out, and richer, more advanced living.

Sad to say, but it's no wonder you don't recognize it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down