NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drug to clear 'zombie cells' from body could be first anti-ageing treatment after ‘impressive’ human trial

4 posters

Go down

Drug to clear 'zombie cells' from body could be first anti-ageing treatment after ‘impressive’ human trial Empty Drug to clear 'zombie cells' from body could be first anti-ageing treatment after ‘impressive’ human trial

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:00 pm

A drug to fight ageing may finally be on the horizon after the first trial in humans showed ‘impressive’ results.

For many years scientists have known that an accumulation of senescent cells in the body is linked to ageing symptoms such as frailty and arthritis, as well as diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Senescent cells - also known as zombie cells - are not completely dead so are not cleared out by the body, but are too damaged to repair tissue or carry out normal functions. Unable to repair itself or clear out the waste, the body gradually deteriorates.

Previously animal studies have shown that removing these cells reverses the ageing process, extends lifespan, and restores lost youth.

Now for the first time scientists in the US have shown improvements in humans using a drug that sweeps away the defunct cells.

Although the initial three-week trial on 14 pensioners was only designed to show the drug was safe, the participants were able to walk faster, get up from a chair more quickly and scored better in ability tests.

Senior study author Dr James Kirkland, of the Mayo Clinic, Minnesota, one of the world’s best anti-ageing research centres, said: “This is like a glimmer that it might actually work. The results were impressive. All 14 got better in their functional ability.

“We know there are at least 20 serious conditions that senescent cells are implicated in. We’re starting with the most serious, but then we hope to move on to the rest. The same approach should work in multiple diseases.

“This is simply the start of human studies. We don't know what lies ahead and full trials are now ongoing. So at the moment it’s baby steps, but those baby steps are moving quickly.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2019/01/08/drug-clear-zombie-cells-body-could-first-anti-ageing-treatment/

Back to top Go down

Drug to clear 'zombie cells' from body could be first anti-ageing treatment after ‘impressive’ human trial Empty Re: Drug to clear 'zombie cells' from body could be first anti-ageing treatment after ‘impressive’ human trial

Post by eddie Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:49 pm

Oh for fucks sake. A drug to stop ageing?

Horrific waste of money and tampering with human nature. It’s just creating a Frankenstein society. We already have perfectly healthy women walking around with huge lumps of plastic shoved inside their flesh - front and back - and now this shite.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Drug to clear 'zombie cells' from body could be first anti-ageing treatment after ‘impressive’ human trial Empty Re: Drug to clear 'zombie cells' from body could be first anti-ageing treatment after ‘impressive’ human trial

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:58 pm

eddie wrote:Oh for fucks sake. A drug to stop ageing?

Horrific waste of money and tampering with human nature.  It’s just creating a Frankenstein society. We already have perfectly healthy  women walking around with huge lumps of plastic shoved inside their flesh - front and back - and now this shite.

I would certainly advocate this for many scientists looking to find and help cure many illnesses.

The longer such highly intelligent people survive with such knowledge. The better chances of people working years on such conditions. Will help drastically to help bring about cures for everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:27 pm

It’s not right. It’s actually Fucking horrible to mess around with nature like that. Rich and powerful people will abuse it.
Ugh. I’m glad I won’t be around to see it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:29 pm

eddie wrote:It’s not right. It’s actually Fucking horrible to mess around with nature like that. Rich and powerful people will abuse it.  

We already mess around with nature, as what do you think contraception is?
Abortion?
Medicine?
Dental care?

Shall we ban all of these as they are messing around with nature Eddie?

I for one think if they can be used with the most intelligent people on earthto benefit the whole of the world. Then its a good idea. Scientists with longer life, spending more years on their work, is to me going to help bring progress

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:14 pm

just dont give it to remoaners...it'll kill em................. they are 100% zombie.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:18 pm

eddie wrote:It’s not right. It’s actually Fucking horrible to mess around with nature like that. Rich and powerful people will abuse it.  

perhaps we should just go back to no medicines, no vaccination and no medical help beyond the local shaman????
Oh and THAT also means no pain control for anything...including child birth.....

and leave it all to ?????? god??????

It would certainly sort out the weaklings and genetically flawed and have the beneficial effect of reducing the population levels....... Drug to clear 'zombie cells' from body could be first anti-ageing treatment after ‘impressive’ human trial 2190311264
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:20 pm

I think it's fantastic. Surely the patients in the trial are much happier now that they can move around better. It's improved their lives.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:23 pm

would I want to "live forever" hell yes....if I could stay fit enough to enjoy it.....hell I'm on me pension this september......coo wouldnt that upset the apple cart...
just imagine

year 3019

now then sir ..just how long have yo held your driving licence
oh ...about 150 years sonny........

or right sir our records show you have been in receipt of your pension for the past 100 years...is that correct?????

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:25 pm

Lord Foul wrote:would I want to "live forever" hell yes....if I could stay fit enough to enjoy it.....hell I'm on me pension this september......coo wouldnt that upset the apple cart...
just imagine

year 3019

or right sir our records show you have been in receipt of your pension for the past 100 years...is that correct?????

Bloody good point and it would then I guess alter the retirement age for those who have had this treatment then I guess mate, but....

How we would then calculate this for people who have?    Drug to clear 'zombie cells' from body could be first anti-ageing treatment after ‘impressive’ human trial 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:29 pm

Thor wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:would I want to "live forever" hell yes....if I could stay fit enough to enjoy it.....hell I'm on me pension this september......coo wouldnt that upset the apple cart...
just imagine

year 3019

Bloody good point and it would then I guess alter the retirement age for those who have had this treatment then I guess mate, but....

How we would then calculate this for people who have?    Drug to clear 'zombie cells' from body could be first anti-ageing treatment after ‘impressive’ human trial 2190311264

dunno, but since you cant make legislation retrospective....just wait till september OK????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:50 pm

eddie wrote:Oh for fucks sake. A drug to stop ageing?

Horrific waste of money and tampering with human nature.  It’s just creating a Frankenstein society. We already have perfectly healthy  women walking around with huge lumps of plastic shoved inside their flesh - front and back - and now this shite.

Like Freddie Mercury said....who wants to live forever? not me.

If a drug could be discovered that made ageing less painful….great.
If a drug could be discovered that prevents dementia and alzheimer's...great
If a drug could be discovered that made people live longer than their natural cycle and look younger....no thanks.
Life has a beginning, middle and end, it would be great if we could all live it as healthily as possible, but I want to look my correct age whilst I am living my life, not a 30 year old in a 70 year olds body.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down