NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research

Go down

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Empty New Forms of Racism Arising in Research

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Advances in genetic sequencing are giving rise to a new era of scientific racism, despite decades of efforts to reverse attitudes used to justify the slave trade and Nazi theology, experts said on Friday.

New forms of discrimination, known as neoracism, are taking hold in scientific research, spreading the belief that races exist and are different in terms of biology, behavior and culture, according to anthropologists who spoke at the annual American Association for the Advancement of Science conference in Chicago.

http://news.discovery.com/human/genetics/new-forms-of-racism-arising-in-research-140215.htm

Back to top Go down

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Empty Re: New Forms of Racism Arising in Research

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Why do you think discrimination is so common in human interaction?

Back to top Go down

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Empty Re: New Forms of Racism Arising in Research

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:22 pm

sphinx wrote:Why do you think discrimination is so common in human interaction?

Lets here your hypothesis on this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:23 pm

wasn't it obvious once we mess with cloning and dna that eventually a master race would emerge..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:27 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
sphinx wrote:Why do you think discrimination is so common in human interaction?

Humans discriminate - be it on grounds of race sexuality or weight or political beliefs or choice of boyband. There are constant anti discrimination campaigns but all they seem to do is define on what grounds discrimination is and is not allowed (dont be nasty to gay people but you can be nasty to fat people) with it ending up with discriminating against those who are seen to discriminate against the "wrong" thing

So why do humans discriminate?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Published research has shown that blacks are more likely than whites to have a blood type that causes sickle cell disease and can protect against malaria, and are more likely to have a certain gene called APOL1, which protects against a parasite that causes sleeping sickness.

While Graves did not dispute these findings, he said it is wrong to imply that genetic differences account for the vast health disparities between whites and blacks.

It sounds to me like they're more concerned about research being misconstrued into a justification of racism, which is something that goes back a long, long time:

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Scientific_racism_irish

It's believed racism may have evolved as a way to protect yourself from diseases that people from far away could bring into your community, such as the diseases that killed up to 9 out of every 10 American natives when they were brought over from Europe.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:29 pm

sphinx wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Humans discriminate - be it on grounds of race sexuality or weight or political beliefs or choice of boyband.  There are constant anti discrimination campaigns but all they seem to do is define on what grounds discrimination is and is not allowed (dont be nasty to gay people but you can be nasty to fat people) with it ending up with discriminating against those who are seen to discriminate against the "wrong" thing

That is not a hypothesis as to why people discriminate, try again.

You are the one proposing to know why, so please enlighten your audiance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:33 pm

I actually believe that some of darwins revelations were built upon racism, i think he saw the noble white man, compared to the heathen black man , low intelligence uncivilised and then the apes and saw a type of progression..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:34 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Published research has shown that blacks are more likely than whites to have a blood type that causes sickle cell disease and can protect against malaria, and are more likely to have a certain gene called APOL1, which protects against a parasite that causes sleeping sickness.

While Graves did not dispute these findings, he said it is wrong to imply that genetic differences account for the vast health disparities between whites and blacks.

It sounds to me like they're more concerned about research being misconstrued into a justification of racism, which is something that goes back a long, long time:

It's believed racism may have evolved as a way to protect yourself from diseases that people from far away could bring into your community, such as the diseases that killed up to 9 out of every 10 American natives when they were brought over from Europe.
I've got to admit, that fella's a spitting image of my next door neighbour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:35 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Humans discriminate - be it on grounds of race sexuality or weight or political beliefs or choice of boyband.  There are constant anti discrimination campaigns but all they seem to do is define on what grounds discrimination is and is not allowed (dont be nasty to gay people but you can be nasty to fat people) with it ending up with discriminating against those who are seen to discriminate against the "wrong" thing

No I am asking if anyone else knows - that is what the question "why" means is it not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:37 pm

heavenly father wrote:I actually believe that some of darwins revelations were built upon racism, i think he saw the noble white man, compared to the heathen black man , low intelligence uncivilised and then the apes and saw a type of progression..

Darwin's racism is pretty well documented, but that doesn't really matter, seeing as thousands of scientists have replicated his findings about natural selection and evolution. To argue evolution is bunk because a racist come up with the theory is like saying the sky couldn't be blue because Hitler thought it was, and you don't want to be like Hitler, do you? :D
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:37 pm

Tess. wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Which one? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:38 pm

sphinx wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

No I am asking if anyone else knows - that is what the question "why" means is it not?

But surely you have views as to why, hence why you have brought it up, and hence why I am asking your views on this.
If you have none, fair enough, do you have none?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Tess. wrote:

Which one? Smile

McGinty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:45 pm

By the way, I love how a few individuals can be selected as examples of how a group or "race" of people are ugly and other "races" are more beautiful. It's so easily manipulated that it has no merit, as I will demonstrate by showing how white women are by far the most ugly people on Earth:

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Hair-1

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Lyf41

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Sara-chaudhry-2

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Tumblr_l709zbl4ic1qd4y74o1_400

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Woman-ugly1

See?  ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:45 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
sphinx wrote:

But surely you have views as to why, hence why you have brought it up, and hence why I am asking your views on this.

I am of the opinion that it is a fairly basic part of humanity is all. I watch all the condemnation of it, and attempts to stop it only to see it pop up somewhere else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:47 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:By the way, I love how a few individuals can be selected as examples of how a group or "race" of people are ugly and other "races" are more beautiful. It's so easily manipulated that it has no merit, as I will demonstrate by showing how white women are by far the most ugly people on Earth:

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Hair-1

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Lyf41

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Sara-chaudhry-2

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Tumblr_l709zbl4ic1qd4y74o1_400

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Woman-ugly1

Where the hell did you get my picture from and I am very hurt at being called ugly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:48 pm

sphinx wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

I am of the opinion that it is a fairly basic part of humanity is all.  I watch all the condemnation of it, and attempts to stop it only to see it pop up somewhere else.  

So you do have a view, thus also must have a hypothesis, which clearly you have no wish to say, fine, was obvious that you did, but if you do not wish to discuss it is also fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:49 pm

Tess. wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Which one? Smile

McGinty.

and heres paddys goat.
New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Captu204

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:50 pm

humans fall out over everything and anything, size, shape, what you like, what you don't like, what you own, what you don't own, until ownership stops defining who we are, we will repeat the circle of hatred.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:52 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:By the way, I love how a few individuals can be selected as examples of how a group or "race" of people are ugly and other "races" are more beautiful. It's so easily manipulated that it has no merit, as I will demonstrate by showing how white women are by far the most ugly people on Earth:

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Untitl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Tess. wrote:

New Forms of Racism Arising in Research Untitl10

is that phildidge as it would answer so many questions about him..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down