NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of the world today

+2
Ben Reilly
Vintage
6 posters

Go down

End of the world today Empty End of the world today

Post by Vintage Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Apparently today was to be the end of the world, although there's still time I suppose its only 9:10, if we miss this one the next is scheduled for 23rd September. There are photos of Niburu/planet x (red orb) next to the moon it looks pretty solid on the photos but try as I might I can't see it. Analysts reckon its lens flare.
All the planets, at least the ones we know of, settle into a orbit which is similar in shape and direction to all the others, even the asteroids go around in an orbit, at least, if further in distance from the star, yet this planet is apparently in a huge olliptical orbit that only brings it around every how many thousand years and on a trajectory that will destroy the earth, doesn't make sense to me, why didn't this happen on previous orbits. If its a wandering planet why hasn't the huge outer planets captured it or at least slowed it enough to be influenced by the sun's gravitational pull and put it into orbit around itself like all the others. Anyone know? Anyone care?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

End of the world today Empty Re: End of the world today

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:30 am

Vintage wrote:Apparently today was to be the end of the world, although there's still time I suppose its only 9:10, if we miss this one the next is scheduled for 23rd September. There are photos of Niburu/planet x (red orb) next to the moon it looks pretty solid on the photos but try as I might I can't see it.  Analysts reckon its lens flare.
All the planets, at least the ones we know of, settle into a orbit which is similar in shape and direction to all the others, even the asteroids go around in an orbit, at least, if further in distance from the star, yet this planet is apparently in a huge olliptical orbit that only brings it around every how many thousand years and on a trajectory that will destroy the earth, doesn't make sense to me, why didn't this happen on previous orbits. If its a wandering planet why hasn't the huge outer planets captured it or at least slowed it enough to be influenced by the sun's gravitational pull and put it into orbit around itself like all the others. Anyone know? Anyone care?

I'm sitting here in the smoldering ruins of what was once Texas, my dog and I the sole survivors. I hereby dub this land New Benland.

Anybody else make it? At least we still have the internet.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:32 am

Well I think I’m here but sometimes I have no idea where I am, seeing as I live in eddieland pretty much all of the time.

Let me know if you can see this.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:37 am

umm 

All the planets, at least the ones we know of, settle into a orbit which is similar in shape and direction to all the others, even the asteroids go around in an orbit, 
that's not actually true  scratch

End of the world today Or10eris
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:08 pm

Bugger...just after I had told my boss to go fuck himself; confessed to her indoors that I have had a pneumatic blonde Swedish mistress for the past 20 years; sent a highly libellous email to Jeremy Corbyn and burned my Christmas card mailing list!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:14 pm

never mind the next date is 23rd. Sept. - apparently and the one after that - well I'm sure there's another date in the pipe line, someone will be right one day..

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:18 pm

veya_victaous wrote:umm 

All the planets, at least the ones we know of, settle into a orbit which is similar in shape and direction to all the others, even the asteroids go around in an orbit, 
that's not actually true  scratch

End of the world today Or10eris

So its feasible then that something in a big enough elliptical (?) orbit could come along and smash into the earth?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:24 pm

Smile

Well...

There was that asteroid that crashed into the Earth around 65 million years ago..

A lot of unhappy dinosaurs after that little bingle.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:37 pm

True, if bodies are in orbit don't they need to be bumped out of that orbit in order to crash into something else?
Wandering bodies what motivates them isn't only bumping or gravitational pull move these things otherwise wouldn't they be inert.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:02 am

Like Wolf Said, not only feasible but has happened before.

it would happen more often too if we weren't protected by Jupiter immense gravity that pulls many midsize objects into it, preventing them reaching the inner planets.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down