NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fast Food Deliveries On Sink Estates

3 posters

Go down

Fast Food Deliveries On Sink Estates Empty Fast Food Deliveries On Sink Estates

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Valentines Day (aren't I romantic?)

I've seen adverts on lamp posts etc over the past couple of years - always in and around sink-estates though - anybody else seen them?

A fast food 'superhero' who delivers McDonald's to customers has won a battle with the fast food chain to be allowed inside their restaurants.

Paul Appleby - who goes by the name 'Munchie Man' - launched a new business taking orders for McDonald's customers who don't want to pick it up for themselves.

The 41-year-old from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, delivers it to to his customers - who pay £4.50 for the service - in his 'Munchies Van' which has equipment inside to keep the food warm.

The statement also said it would refuse to give licence for the use on McDonald's 'intellectual property' such as logos and photographs.

But after Paul pleaded with them, McDonald's saying he is now welcome to use the Barnsley outlets.

Paul said 'They've said I'm welcome in all their restaurants, so I'm hoping this can really grow now. I want a Munchies Van every ten miles.'

Customers can order and pay for their food on Munchie Man's website then Paul goes to buy it and delivers it to the customer - adding a delivery charge of £4.50.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2559343/McDonalds-backs-telling-man-COULDNT-run-service-delivering-food.html#ixzz2tJRyjgXj

Back to top Go down

Fast Food Deliveries On Sink Estates Empty Re: Fast Food Deliveries On Sink Estates

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Why would McDonald's (or any restaurant) be mad at this guy when he's surely boosting their sales?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Fast Food Deliveries On Sink Estates Empty Re: Fast Food Deliveries On Sink Estates

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Why would McDonald's (or any restaurant) be mad at this guy when he's surely boosting their sales?

Crazy isn't it?! He's not the first, locally there is a guy who will pick up any take away, pop to the off licence, the supermarket for a fee.  Can't fault him for finding a gap in the market and making a living Fast Food Deliveries On Sink Estates Thumbs99

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:16 pm

I think it's great !!!, good on him, he is using his initiative and earning a crust, isn't that what the RW always say they encourage ?Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:19 pm

Got to hand to the guy for coming up with this. Good luck to him.

Andy, and what exactly are you doing in and around sink estates looking at posters on lampposts?

Research is it? Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:56 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Got to hand to the guy for coming up with this. Good luck to him.

Andy, and what exactly are you doing in and around sink estates looking at posters on lampposts?

Research is it?  Laughing

::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:10 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Got to hand to the guy for coming up with this. Good luck to him.

Research is it?  Laughing

Our Andy has many hidden depths  Suspect 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down