NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you truly fair about people you don't like?

+8
JulesV
eddie
Syl
The Devil, You Know
Eilzel
nicko
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are you truly fair about people you don't like?  Empty Are you truly fair about people you don't like?

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:39 am

Two examples I want to bring up:

I once saw a quote attributed to Trump where he was supposed to have said something like, "The US system of checks and balances is outdated and dangerous, and probably needs to be abolished."

I looked it up and it was more like, "the US system of checks and balances is important, but there are some rules, like the rules in the Senate in particular, that are outdated and dangerous and probably need to be abolished."

I had to correct the original post. Trump is bad enough; no need to lie about the bad stuff he's said.

My other example is edds with her ex. Now, edds [who, totally off the topic, is hotter than Scarlett Johansson and wittier than Dorothy Parker] will never hold back as to the bad things her ex did and still does, but she will also point out his good qualities and be really fair to him.

Shouldn't we all treat even the people we can't stand with basic fairness? Do you find yourself not trusting somebody who says someone they don't like is rotten to the core?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Are you truly fair about people you don't like?  Empty Re: Are you truly fair about people you don't like?

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:56 am

Nope, Not after Didge Wrote this Book  Razz Razz Razz
Are you truly fair about people you don't like?  GLwqvXr
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Are you truly fair about people you don't like?  Empty Re: Are you truly fair about people you don't like?

Post by nicko Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:43 am

Veya, why is it I can only see 2/3 of your photo's ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 am

So you, Veya, are saying that you couldn't meet someone who thinks like that and possibly find some good in him or her?

That's understandable, of course, but it's still just primitive tribalism. We need to be done with that mentality, really, or else we'll have nothing but constant conflict.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:31 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Two examples I want to bring up:

I once saw a quote attributed to Trump where he was supposed to have said something like, "The US system of checks and balances is outdated and dangerous, and probably needs to be abolished."

I looked it up and it was more like, "the US system of checks and balances is important, but there are some rules, like the rules in the Senate in particular, that are outdated and dangerous and probably need to be abolished."

I had to correct the original post. Trump is bad enough; no need to lie about the bad stuff he's said.

My other example is edds with her ex. Now, edds [who, totally off the topic, is hotter than Scarlett Johansson and wittier than Dorothy Parker] will never hold back as to the bad things her ex did and still does, but she will also point out his good qualities and be really fair to him.

Shouldn't we all treat even the people we can't stand with basic fairness? Do you find yourself not trusting somebody who says someone they don't like is rotten to the core?

Well, firstly it depends WHY I don't like them.

If they did something really nasty to me or someone I love, I'd have a hard time of it honestly. Also, and I don't care if people think I priorotise gay issues here, but I'd find it very difficult to be fair to someone who actively hated on gay people (not just opposed marriage equality but full on hang em high homophobe).

That said, if we had a falling out or disagreed politically then I will still be fair. 2 examples: I did not finish my previous job on the best terms, and had a big argument with my boss, who could be a tool a lot of the time. But in many ways he was a good boss and I will say so to people.

A more well known example is conservative commentator Ben Shapiro. The guy has views I loathe (on abortion, religion, trans people, gay marriage, and most seriously on economics) however, he puts his views across very well, never gets riled, and is the ONLY person to ever present the pro-life argument in a way that has made me question my own beliefs on the matter (I'm still pro-choice, but would no longer make any claims to it being not immoral whatsoever).
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:53 am

this might annoy you a little more then
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/current_events/politics/prez_track_aug14

of course the headline figure may not tell the whole story
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:48 am

Ben, Is it fair to bring anyone's ex into a forum discussion when they dont post here?
I'm a bit uncomfortable with that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Syl wrote:Ben, Is it fair to bring anyone's ex into a forum discussion when they dont post here?

I would not have used him as an example if I thought there was anyone here who 1. knows him and 2. would spread what I said around.

Just for perspective - I do bad things and continue to do them. I do good things too. Just ask edds.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Syl wrote:Ben, Is it fair to bring anyone's ex into a forum discussion when they dont post here?

Does your mum post here then? I know she’s not an ex but she’s not a poster either?

I really don’t get why you’d have a problem with someone being mentioned who isn’t a poster? scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:57 pm

eddie wrote:

Does your mum post here then?  I know she’s not an ex but she’s not a poster either?

I really don’t get why you’d have a problem with someone being mentioned who isn’t a poster?  scratch

I have talked about my mum, always in loving terms, I think you know she has passed a few years ago so obviously she doesn't post here. Rolling Eyes

I felt uncomfortable when I read the OP because I dont think it's fair that someone should be discussed publicly when obviously some things are fresh and should perhaps be sorted out privately, not on a public forum.

Thats it.....nothing to add.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:10 pm

OP, no I'm not fair to people I dislike.
Takes a lot for me to dislike someone tho. They'd have to go out of their way to annoy me, for me to dislike them.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

Does your mum post here then?  I know she’s not an ex but she’s not a poster either?

I really don’t get why you’d have a problem with someone being mentioned who isn’t a poster?  scratch

I have talked about my mum, always in loving terms, I think you know she has passed a few years ago so obviously she doesn't post here. Rolling Eyes

I felt uncomfortable when I read the OP because I dont think it's fair that someone should be discussed publicly  when obviously some things are fresh and should perhaps be sorted out privately, not on a public forum.

Thats it.....nothing to add.

I think you may have taken the thread title wrong - I was there when he wrote that (not that I knew what he was writing) and he really just wanted to give two very separate examples of “being fair” - one being political and one being personal.
I could’ve made the same statement myself.

And if you look, the post about my ex is fair. He’s been a twat to me in the past but he’s a great dad and a pretty decent person. That’s just a fair assessment. It’s not like I’m giving anything away. An ex is an ex for a reason, after all.

I don’t really understand your problem with any of it if I’m honest, but that’s okay, I don’t have to. I’ve tried to explain the best I can.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:08 pm

How to be really fair

Do you:

A) Really forgive those that have cause you harmed. (If peope believe words constitue this to actual harm. Then they are idiots)

B) Has anyone forgiven rape?

C) Or this

She makes us all look small

How can she forgive?

Because, she is able to look past hate, when they have suffered hate from the worst courners

We can all learn from her.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:15 am

Jules wrote:

OP, no I'm not fair to people I dislike.
Takes a lot for me to dislike someone tho. They'd have to go out of their way to annoy me, for me to dislike them.

This is pretty much My opinion too.

plus sometimes it's fun to be petty  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Plus you can be fair only to have them stab you in the back
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:09 am

Wow someone gave my post a red, which is easy to figure out

If people live by hate, then negativity will always plague their lives

I have seen people fall out and not speak to each other for years. To only then later realise how both stupid they had been and wasted many years not seeing each other as friends, family etc.

It shows people are living a very bitter life

The fact is Jules, Veya etc are all actually not answering the question Ben posed.

He never asked are you fair, he asked should we not be fair.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:46 am

Didge wrote:Wow someone gave my post a red, which is easy to figure out

I have seen people fall out and not speak to each other for years. To only then later realise how both stupid they had been and wasted many years not seeing each other as friends, family etc.

The fact is Jules, Veya etc are all actually not answering the question Ben posed.

we did answer, just you are blind to anyone that doesn't think in the simple way you do 

we would not expect any other human to be less human than ourselves. 
So If we as Human beings behave this way out of biological nature why should we expect other humans not too?
that would be unfair  Wink

You realize you can't be fair a lot of the time? because fairness is in the eyes of the beholder 

AND why should we be anything? we are violent hairless apes, not some Chosen Species made in a divine image  Suspect Suspect Suspect
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:22 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:So you, Veya, are saying that you couldn't meet someone who thinks like that and possibly find some good in him or her?

That's understandable, of course, but it's still just primitive tribalism. We need to be done with that mentality, really, or else we'll have nothing but constant conflict.

that is not really what I'm saying,  No but I was just making a joke.

what i am saying is more in line with; 
I wouldn't put to much into the correlation between 'liking causes fairness' or 'Disliking causes Unfairness' , since favoring someone you like is Unfair to the someone you're indifferent to so didn't favor. 

In fact the times i can most remember being 'unfair' it is to people that I liked giving them an 'advantage' they didn't deserve  Suspect

Like in trying to be 'fair' to didge, we let didge get away with some things we wouldn't let other posters get away with thus, being 'Fair' to didge is being 'unfair' to everyone else.  Are you truly fair about people you don't like?  3893789544
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:31 am

veya_victaous wrote:

we did answer, just you are blind to anyone that doesn't think in the simple way you do 

So If we as Human beings behave this way out of biological nature why should we expect other humans not too?

You realize you can't be fair a lot of the time? because fairness is in the eyes of the beholder 

AND why should we be anything? we are violent hairless apes, not some Chosen Species made in a divine image  Suspect Suspect Suspect

We?

You never did answer his actual question

Less human?

By what standard?

Nobody claimed we are chosen species here

In fact all the above again avoids the actual question Ben said

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:41 am

Rolling Eyes

I'm not aware of anyone on this forum who "lives by hate"...

That lazy and unthinking bullshit statement is yet another of the Dodger's fanciful throw-away lines, that we often see if him resorting to when he doesn't actually have a real world answer or comeback to use against his opponents..

Along the same lines as his hysterical claims that veya, Quill, eilzel, Andy, Ben, and myself are all "communist-apologist, Marxist, racist, idiot anti-Semites" whenever any of us disagree with his latest propaganda efforts.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:47 am

Hilarious and we have the bog standard reply by Wolf

Attacks the poster and then claims victim status for himself and others.

Completely fails to address the points

Priceless

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:03 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

We?

Less human?

By what standard?

it answer it completely. You're just not very bright  Wink  

if you don't think we are a chosen Species than WHY do you act and express ideas that rely on the premise we are supposed to be perfect??

the only one we know is ourselves, If I am Human and do it, then WHY would I expect other not to? I expect them to be as Human as me and being Human means not always being fair. it is you that expects them to less humans and more 'angelic' than humans naturally are. 

AGAIN:
why should we be anything? 
why would a violent hairless ape give a shit about your 'shoulds' 
it is your continual failure to assess humans as what they really are (Violent Animals) which cause none of your expectations to be met. 
You've got some snowflake fantasy about what Humans are which renders most of your views incorrect.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:08 am

So again my points avoided

I do not believe we are chosen, its your fantasies and lies that make you think that

My parents created me, not any mythical deity

Hey ho

Hers my points again

One last chance to answer

Otherwise it proves you from constantly avoid points

We?

Less human?

By what standard?

You are not the standard or bases for any such thing, it has to be Universal standard. Then who gets to cast such a standard?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:19 am

Eilzel wrote:

Well, firstly it depends WHY I don't like them.

If they did something really nasty to me or someone I love, I'd have a hard time of it honestly. Also, and I don't care if people think I priorotise gay issues here, but I'd find it very difficult to be fair to someone who actively hated on gay people (not just opposed marriage equality but full on hang em high homophobe).

That said, if we had a falling out or disagreed politically then I will still be fair. 2 examples: I did not finish my previous job on the best terms, and had a big argument with my boss, who could be a tool a lot of the time. But in many ways he was a good boss and I will say so to people.

A more well known example is conservative commentator Ben Shapiro. The guy has views I loathe (on abortion, religion, trans people, gay marriage, and most seriously on economics) however, he puts his views across very well, never gets riled, and is the ONLY person to ever present the pro-life argument in a way that has made me question my own beliefs on the matter (I'm still pro-choice, but would no longer make any claims to it being not immoral whatsoever).

He does present a good argument, but it has one fundemental flaw

He bases his arguemnt on the potential for life, with the fetus

But everything has a polar opposite

In that it can also lead to the death of a woman

So it has the potential to lead to death/harm

Which cancels out his argument on this

Laters Eilzel and have a good day

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 am

Didge wrote:So again my points avoided

I do not believe we are chosen, its your fantasies and lies that make you think that

Hey ho

Hers my points again

We?

Less human?

By what standard?

You are not the standard or bases for any such thing, it has to be Universal standard. Then who gets to cast such a standard?

third time dickhead ,if that doesn't answer it for you then Just admit your dumb 

AGAIN:
why should we be anything? 
why would a violent hairless ape give a shit about your 'shoulds' 
it is your continual failure to assess humans as what they really are (Violent Animals) which cause none of your expectations to be met. 
You've got some snowflake fantasy about what Humans are which renders most of your views incorrect.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:31 am

So again he avoids

Quelle surprise

Like I said, its some of the left on here, that you see the most hate from, and the above proves that

Hey ho

Have a great day people

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:37 am

Didge wrote:So again my points avoided

Hey ho

Hers my points again

We? Jules and Me!!! YOU FUCKING TWAT read the tread and Stop wasting everyone's time with your Stupidity 

You never did answer his actual question YES I DID, YOU ARE JUST TOO DUMB TO FOLLOW.

Less human?  You are the one that expect Humans to behave in a way that is different than the way humans behave, so that is 'Less than Human' because being Human is what Humans are, NOT what your idealistic fantasies of them are.  

By what standard? Humans actions

You are not the standard or bases for any such thing, it has to be Universal standard. NO IT DOES NOT AND IT IS NOT BECAUSE WE ARE NOT A CHOOSE SPECIES we are the product of Chaotic evolution NOT magic NOT design so there is NO Standards because only an idiot or one brainwashed by Abrahamsim would expect to find one in Chaos Then who gets to cast such a standard?  NOT YOU 

Nobody claimed we are chosen species here  You keep acting like we should be something other than animals, so yes you are

Answered EVERY SINGLE POINT as I have 3 times now  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And you wonder why everyone thinks you're stupid?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:40 am

if Fuck Face asks one more person to answer his Stupid questions 
I am Banning him for a week 

Because FUCK BEING FAIR to a wanker, when that is unfair to everyone else that just want to have NORMAL discussions without every thread ruined by a deluded fucking wanker
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:41 am

See yet more hateful abuse and proves he still cannot answer a question

Veya is proving what is not the right kind of human to be

Thanks

It was so easy to have him show this

Now i have to go to work

Bye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:42 am

veya_victaous wrote:if Fuck Face asks one more person to answer his Stupid questions 

Because FUCK BEING FAIR to a wanker, when that is unfair to everyone else that just want to have NORMAL discussions without every thread ruined by a deluded fucking wanker

Ha ha ha ha

Please do and show how you would then abuse your position

If you do, I will simple email Ben, Eddie etc to have this reversed

Bye baby

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:03 am

I am showing what HUMANS ARE!!!!
You again prove me right by even suggesting "right kind of human to be"  
Are some humans the Wrong kind for you geranium? 
Did you sky giant tell you what Humans Should be? 
if we don't follow YOUR Beliefs, we are 'not right' hey?  

At least I don't Pretend I am being Fair when exercising prejudice Like YOU have through out this thread .

And You are doing what you do every fucking day and Ruin Yet more threads 
What the fuck is even the point of forum when petty much every thread is ruined by a Dumb ass that Can't follow a conversation 
and then just does the same to thing to however beat him and just keep up this 'answer the questions" Bullshit when they have clearly been answered
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:27 am

Andy pandy and his gimp and other in that left wing cabal are forever showing their inherent racism by mentioning my wife. It seems they really dont like Muslims.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 am

Good point !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:13 am

Morning, Dickhead.
Interesting that you parachute in once again.
Did you ever tell your wife that you run a racist, anti Muslim forum and your bestest friend Allakaka was a sick in the head Muslim hating Nazi to the point even YOU had to ban him?

Btw, where are Major, Stevie Durham and Hugh Jardon?

They are all people I am justified in disliking, as per the thread title.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:20 am

veya_victaous wrote:if Fuck Face asks one more person to answer his Stupid questions 

Such eloquence......
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:23 am

Angry Andy wrote:Morning, Dickhead.
Did you ever tell your wife that you run a racist, anti Muslim forum and your bestest friend Allakaka was a sick in the head Muslim hating Nazi to the point even YOU had to ban him?

At least Deano's parachute appears to have opened and landed him safely. You appear to spend a substantial amount of your time hanging round In-A-Flap in a state of suspended inanimation.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:02 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

At least Deano's parachute appears to have opened and landed him safely. You appear to spend a substantial amount of your time hanging round In-A-Flap in a state of suspended inanimation.

Morning Fred. I actually just glanced at the Flop forum. A barren wasteland that the few posters still there are asking head to remove the bans.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:39 am

Angry Andy wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Morning Fred. I actually just glanced at the Flop forum. A barren wasteland that the few posters still there are asking head to remove the bans.

Good morning. Then why bother going there (as we all know that you do) if you not only consider it a waste of your time but also a hotbed of racism and anti-Muslim sentiment that you find offensive? Surely your views are well enough known to everyone here not to need such frequent and repetitive reiterations?

I simply don't get it.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:38 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I'm not aware of anyone on this forum who "lives by hate"...

That lazy and unthinking bullshit statement is yet another of the Dodger's fanciful throw-away lines, that we often see if him resorting to when he doesn't actually have a real world answer or comeback to use against his opponents..

Along the same lines as his hysterical claims that veya, Quill, eilzel, Andy, Ben, and myself are all "communist-apologist, Marxist, racist, idiot anti-Semites" whenever any of us disagree with his latest propaganda efforts.

I don’t know why you continually put yourself into the same category as any of the posters you mentioned.
Read all their posts. They’re fuck all like yours. Are you truly fair about people you don't like?  2190311264

I think you need a clique behind you though, it makes you feel better, no?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:40 pm

Can’t you see them from the rooftop where you have AR15 pointed at them? Suspect
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Why are Veya and Wolfie so fucking hatefull most of the time?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:26 pm

I hate this bloody weather. Too hot and dry or too bloody wet and windy. Teeing off for 18 holes in an hour. Wet gear packed. Testing elements.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:54 pm

nicko wrote:Why are Veya and Wolfie so fucking hatefull most of the time?

Not hateful. Ozzies are known for their colorful metaphors and characterizations. The anomaly is inside you...you take them wrong.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:Why are Veya and Wolfie so fucking hatefull most of the time?

Not hateful.  Ozzies are known for their colorful metaphors and characterizations.  The anomaly is inside you...you take them wrong.

Yeah it’s so funny when women are called sluts and slags.
It’s a pity the C word has been banned really...thst would make Wolf’s posts far more colourful.

The British and American men on here have “colourful” language.
Most of them choose not to use it though.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:44 pm

And I see the point Ben has made has gone over the head of people and showing what is wrong here

Tribalism

People are falling further and further into identity politics and unable to try and meet half way on anything

It becomes a battle of wills and yes I am guilty of this at times, but I respected the point he made

We had Veya going off some warped view on the human species, not looking for an actual way forward, but an argument to ensure this hate escalates

Its why nobody has actually answered his actual question

All they do is keep giving reasons why they think hate is okay

If that is the path and root humans are going down, then millions will die again, because they continually never learn

People need to understand that you change poor ideas with reason and not hate.

Its why humanity, has indeed progressed to the point we now do have equality under the law for many people

Continually being hateful to people with opposing views, will never resolve anything and its why the west is slowly creeping into the extremes of left and right again

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:47 pm

I agree didge. I was thinking the same thing.
No one really answered.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:51 pm

eddie wrote:I agree didge. I was thinking the same thing.
No one really answered.

Agreed Eddie and i dont think anyone has genuinely answered his question

People have offered levels at what they would use as a means, but this again is failing to answer his actual question and point

Its why i have continually pointed this out

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:57 pm

I can answer it.

Yes. I think I am truly fair about people I dislike, it has actually irritated Ben and others, at times, - perhaps that’s the reason he started the thread?

Anyway, I can be very detached when analysing someone (including myself) and I hate it, really hate it, when people refuse to see something good in someone they “dislike” and won’t admit it.
Take this forum.

Many dislike/disagree with Tommy for instance and would refuse to back him if he happened to say something they agreed with. Why?

“Because he’s RW!”
Or
“I just dont want to!”

It’s stupid. It stifles debate and it doesn’t help anyone find their truth.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:04 pm

eddie wrote:I can answer it.

Yes. I think I am truly fair about people I dislike, it has actually irritated Ben and others, at times, - perhaps that’s the reason he started the thread?

Anyway, I can be very detached when analysing someone (including myself) and I hate it, really hate it, when people refuse to see something good in someone they “dislike” and won’t admit it.
Take this forum.

Many dislike/disagree with Tommy for instance and would refuse to back him if he happened to say something they agreed with. Why?

“Because he’s RW!”
Or
“I just dont want to!”

It’s stupid. It stifles debate and it doesn’t help anyone find their truth.

I actually complimented him on a view he made the other day

And how many people avoided his point

I myself get frustrated with Tommy, when himself avoids points and have goaded badly at times

I have no hate for him and his views are on some issues miles apart from me and at times he does speak sense

At times he makes good points, but to me he also avoids points and issues loads

Its a hammer style type of debating with Tommy

Anyway, this is not about Tommy and why even after so many years we are still debating

I just wish Tommy, and you mind, held the same skeptical belief you have, onto conspiracies you buy into

Neither of you do

You buy into them verbatim

The reality  is, when do I shy away from debate with anyone?

I never do and even have changed my views, with people I once was at a time before at odds with

One of these people is Victor. He used to ban me on his forum loads and yet i can see when he does make sense

That is me listenning

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:20 pm

So to help you here Eddie and I do attempt to try harder each day to understand people. In fact I do question many things

I do find Tommy's views very poor at times and even struggle to understand how and why he formulates them. They are based constantly from a negative view point and yet i do try to see the good in everyone. Which includes Tommy

I like to think I look at people in a positive outlook and to be honest, with tommy's views, that then makes this more difficult. I admit that. When I should look upon this even more to help try and influence more positivity and see this as a challenge to help sway Tommy, even when his views tend to be at polar oppositites with mine

So the failing here is mine. I should try and meet half way more and also, not alloow emotions to encroach into a debate. I think that is more frustrations on my part, as he is not stupid, but to me led more so by fear..

But I should try harder with Tommy to be fair, and on that i admit

Anyway

Have a good night one and all

Last edited by Didge on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Angry Andy wrote:I hate this bloody weather. Too hot and dry or too bloody wet and windy. Teeing off for 18 holes in an hour. Wet gear packed. Testing elements.
Well that was effing wet!
Even my sheddies were soaked.
Played quite well again, certainly even in the rain , playing golf is a bunch more enjoyable than reading Didge's latest smears against Corbyn, Labour, Veya,  Wolfie and me..
Now for some catching up.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next