NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burberry burns millions of ££ of stock rather than see the wrong sort of people wearing it.

+3
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
Syl
7 posters

Go down

Burberry burns millions of ££ of stock rather than see the wrong sort of people wearing it. Empty Burberry burns millions of ££ of stock rather than see the wrong sort of people wearing it.

Post by Syl Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Elitism at its finest.  Rolling Eyes

"Burberry has been burning millions of pounds worth of stock in order to stop it getting into the wrong hands, reports say.
The luxury label, famous for its trench coats and handbags, has destroyed more than £28 million of unwanted products in the last 12 months.
According to The Times, it is common for designer brands to destroy unwanted stock in order to stop them being sold at discount prices.
The brands want to preserve the exclusivity of their goods and prevent them from being worn by the “wrong” type of people."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/style/burberry-burning-stock-worth-millions-to-stop-it-getting-into-the-wrong-hands/ar-AAAhOf1?MSCC=1532010091&ocid=spartandhp
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Burberry burns millions of ££ of stock rather than see the wrong sort of people wearing it. Empty Re: Burberry burns millions of ££ of stock rather than see the wrong sort of people wearing it.

Post by Syl Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:33 pm

Just in case anyone doesn't recognise the signature look that the Burberry wearing elite wear....it's this.

It may look cute on him, not so much on some of the horsey set I have seen sporting their gear.

Burberry burns millions of ££ of stock rather than see the wrong sort of people wearing it. AAAhJkC

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Burberry burns millions of ££ of stock rather than see the wrong sort of people wearing it. Empty Re: Burberry burns millions of ££ of stock rather than see the wrong sort of people wearing it.

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:46 pm

I went to my closet and felt of my beloved Burberry, two-button cuffed shirts. I said to them, You will never suffer the fate of some east-ender purchasing your brother.

They thanked me and went back to sleep.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:52 pm

People always admire my Burberry coat. Of course, I'm the right sort of person. snobby
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:People always admire my Burberry coat. Of course, I'm the right sort of person. snobby

I knew it the first time we talked. snob

We must take care. We don't want the wrong sort mingling in Burberrys. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:28 pm

If their stuff was cheap and available anywhere,  nobody would wear it because let’s face it, it’s just a beige cloth with brown and red stripes.

Wowee. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Surprised

Why is it that men silly enough to wear Burberry coats and scarves always look like such poncey nonces ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:11 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Surprised

Why is it that men silly enough to wear Burberry coats and scarves always look like such poncey nonces  ???

^ You’ll have to ask Quill. Burberry burns millions of ££ of stock rather than see the wrong sort of people wearing it. 2190311264
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:32 pm

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Surprised

Why is it that men silly enough to wear Burberry coats and scarves always look like such poncey nonces  ???

^ You’ll have to ask Quill. Burberry burns millions of ££ of stock rather than see the wrong sort of people wearing it. 2190311264

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:People always admire my Burberry coat. Of course, I'm the right sort of person. snobby

Do Pecan hair and beige check not clash?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:39 pm

eddie wrote:If their stuff was cheap and available anywhere,  nobody would wear it because let’s face it, it’s just a beige cloth with brown and red stripes.

Wowee. Rolling Eyes

That just shows that you know nothing about Burberry. snobby
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Syl wrote:

Hmmm, I must admit it's not really my colour, but it's Burberry innit?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

#chavwear Laughing
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:49 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

#chavwear Laughing

It wasn't when I acquired my coat. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:52 pm

I got a couple of great Burberry lookalike scarves for my grandsons last Christmas. Cost about a fiver each.....they love em.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

#chavwear Laughing

It wasn't when I acquired my coat. Laughing

Yeah, chavs ruin everything Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:17 pm

What a waste though burning millions of pounds worth of their merchandise because they are utter snobs.

Stupid too....fancy making so many when so few seem to be sold. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:05 pm

Syl wrote:What a waste though burning millions of pounds  worth of their merchandise because they are utter snobs.

You get that occasionally, especially in agricultural products. Eg, milk producers pouring out product, to lessen supply and increase prices, etc.

However, in this case they went too far down the production route. Should'a stopped before they were manufactured.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:20 pm

Burberry would have looked so good to their customers and potential customers had they decided to donate all their clothes to the homeless.  

Or a third world country.

Or a charity.

Or an auction for a worthy cause.

Greedy bastards. Their clothes suck.
And so do they.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:44 pm

I look at Burberry and all I see is the Emperor's clothes. Overpriced dowdy tat.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:45 pm

Syl wrote:What a waste though burning millions of pounds  worth of their merchandise because they are utter snobs.

It's not millions of pounds though. The actual cloth and manufacture probably costs peanuts, like most clothes. You pay big bucks for the name. Designer stuff is usually better made with better quality fabric but not always.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:49 pm

eddie wrote:If their stuff was cheap and available anywhere,  nobody would wear it because let’s face it, it’s just a beige cloth with brown and red stripes.

Wowee. Rolling Eyes

They invented gabardine. I get that the clothing is most likely well made and sturdy, but it's still dowdy looking.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:55 pm

I wish you people would stop insulting my coat. It's lasted years!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I wish you people would stop insulting my coat. It's lasted years!

Burberry burns millions of ££ of stock rather than see the wrong sort of people wearing it. 2a6473aefb5e24ac976f1a391ac86987
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:26 pm

I think it's beige I hate. I loathe beige.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:15 am

IHoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I wish you people would stop insulting my coat. It's lasted years!

Burberry burns millions of ££ of stock rather than see the wrong sort of people wearing it. 2a6473aefb5e24ac976f1a391ac86987
I doubt  the coat is that old.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:18 am

I think it's from the '70s. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:05 pm

I saw a great headline today re this..."The bonfire of the vanities" Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Syl wrote:I saw a great headline today re this..."The bonfire of the vanities" Razz

Have you ever read that book? It's hilarious.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Burberry used to have a factory near here, they suddenly decided they no longer needed it after many years and closed it with a great many people being un employed - then announced the opening of a new factory in Scotland.
I will not buy Burberry for that reason and because it is in general as far as I can tell boring clothing.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:48 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:I saw a great headline today re this..."The bonfire of the vanities" Razz

Have you ever read that book?   It's hilarious.
I saw the film years ago....cant remember much about it though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:51 pm

Vintage wrote:Burberry used to have a factory near here, they suddenly decided they no longer needed it after many years and closed it with a great many people being un employed - then announced the opening of a new factory in Scotland.
I will not buy Burberry for that reason and because it is in general as far as I can tell boring clothing.
I wouldnt buy it because its incredibly overpriced, and boring to look at.
The scarves retail at £350.......I can think of better ways to spend that amount of money.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down