NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman who accidentally jogged into America on a run in Canada gets jailed for two weeks

5 posters

Go down

Woman who accidentally jogged into America on a run in Canada gets jailed for two weeks Empty Woman who accidentally jogged into America on a run in Canada gets jailed for two weeks

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:56 pm

A French citizen was detained for two weeks in a U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) facility after accidentally jogging from Canada into Blaine, Washington.

On May 21, Cedella Roman was running along a beach in British Columbia when the tide started to rise, causing her to alter her path. As she turned to head back to visit her mother, who lives in the Canadian province, two U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents appeared.

“An officer stopped me and started telling me I had crossed the border illegally. I told him I had not done it on purpose and that I didn’t understand what was happening,” Roman told Canada’s CBC News. “I said to myself, 'Well, I may have crossed the border, but they’ll probably only give me a fine, or they’ll tell me to go back to Canada, or they’ll give me a warning.'”

Instead, the agents detained her and sent her to the ICE-operated Tacoma Northwest Detention Center, located more than 124 miles south of the U.S.-Canada border.

http://www.newsweek.com/jogger-crosses-us-canada-border-held-two-weeks-992319

Seriously, this hostility to non-citizens is running amok and getting ridiculous!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Woman who accidentally jogged into America on a run in Canada gets jailed for two weeks Empty Re: Woman who accidentally jogged into America on a run in Canada gets jailed for two weeks

Post by eddie Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:54 am

That’s what happens though, when counties keep being attacked and feel under threat.
Everyone becomes a suspect, just like this poor woman.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Woman who accidentally jogged into America on a run in Canada gets jailed for two weeks Empty Re: Woman who accidentally jogged into America on a run in Canada gets jailed for two weeks

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:33 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
A French citizen was detained for two weeks in a U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) facility after accidentally jogging from Canada into Blaine, Washington.

On May 21, Cedella Roman was running along a beach in British Columbia when the tide started to rise, causing her to alter her path. As she turned to head back to visit her mother, who lives in the Canadian province, two U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents appeared.

“An officer stopped me and started telling me I had crossed the border illegally. I told him I had not done it on purpose and that I didn’t understand what was happening,” Roman told Canada’s CBC News. “I said to myself, 'Well, I may have crossed the border, but they’ll probably only give me a fine, or they’ll tell me to go back to Canada, or they’ll give me a warning.'”

Instead, the agents detained her and sent her to the ICE-operated Tacoma Northwest Detention Center, located more than 124 miles south of the U.S.-Canada border.

Seriously, this hostility to non-citizens is running amok and getting ridiculous!

Okay, are you against border control laws or  would you allow a terrorist to jog into the US and make the same claim, after say 20 people are stabbed to death?

I mean seriously, laws are there to protect the country are they not?

Otherwise, why not just unlock your front door all the time Ben?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:51 am

Where is the terrorist? Where are the 20 people stabbed to death? Isn't this all in your tiny mind?

We love the Canadians, and we don't need your protection. In fact, with talk like that, I'd personally feel a bit safer if you stayed away from here.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:10 am

eddie wrote:
That’s what happens though, when counties keep being attacked and feel under threat.
Everyone becomes a suspect, just like this poor woman.

Question

Who "keeps on" getting attacked, though  ???

The USA has been attacked on home soil twice in the past century --  Pearl Harbour, and the World Trade towers on '9/11'..

Plus a handful of foreign embassies.

The USA has invaded far more countries than have invaded them..

And let's not even mention regular incursions onto Native lands by American military, FBI, mining/oil and forestry companies, and individual ranchers over the past 300 years...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:20 am

Didge wrote:
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:

Okay, are you against border control laws or  would you allow a terrorist to jog into the US and make the same claim, after say 20 people are stabbed to death?

Rolling Eyes

Your attempted defence only justifies an hour or two detention, and showing her where the border is when they send her back...

It certainly doesn't justify 2 weeks imprisonment -- known criminals are treated better, as they have to appear before a judge within 3 days of arrest, and get legal representation as well.

Foreigners appear to have zero human and legal rights in the USA at the moment.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:19 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Your attempted defence only justifies an hour or two detention, and showing her where the border is when they send her back...

It certainly doesn't justify 2 weeks imprisonment  --  known criminals are treated better, as they have to appear before a judge within 3 days of arrest, and get legal representation as well.

Its not attempted defense but a reality, and why there is borders and laws.

Eiether you back those laws, or you might as well unlock your door at night

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:06 pm

There should be no borders and/or laws.  Not at this time.  Here in the US we have zero unemployment, and we are crying for workers to fill the jobs.  Trump's racist chant against people at our southern border is completely groundless.

Moreover, the people crossing our southern border are the safest, most peace-loving people in the world.  Statistics show that native-born Americans are guilty of most of the crimes...and that Hispanics are some of the most peace-loving, law-abiding people on the globe.

Oh...and MS-13 is a gang started in the US!!  So if Trump doesn't want them here, realize he is thinking of deporting American citizens.

If I may, I suggest he start with Republicans.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:17 am

Didge wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Rolling Eyes

It certainly doesn't justify 2 weeks imprisonment  --  known criminals are treated better, as they have to appear before a judge within 3 days of arrest, and get legal representation as well.

Its not attempted defense but a reality, and why there is borders and laws.

Eiether you back those laws, or you might as well unlock your door at night

thankfully even living when I was living in Sydney I left my doors unlocked if I was home Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down