NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And then there were two.

+7
eddie
Tommy Monk
Original Quill
magica
Vintage
Raggamuffin
Andy
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

And then there were two. - Page 2 Empty And then there were two.

Post by Andy Wed May 23, 2018 3:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

With Sassy's departure from this forum, I make it that I am the lone UK based left of centre poster.  I am brilliantly supported by Wolfie from down under, but the takeover of this forum by the right-wing(and Republicans is almost complete.
Seems a waste of time and effort bothering to post factual links to news that derides or is bad news for the Conservatives.  Responses are seldom offered, and debate comes in the shape of simply shouting Down the sites as Communist or fake news.
Head let that happen on his once lively forum. Now tumbleweed rolls down the scrolling newsreels.
T the same will probably happen here.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

And then there were two. - Page 2 Empty Re: And then there were two.

Post by Original Quill Fri May 25, 2018 12:46 am

Lord Foul wrote:Quill perhaps this is an "impolite question" and if so please feel free to refuse to answer BUT

you claim to be increasingly militant left wing...
you are a lawyer right?

how much "pro bono" work do you do to help the unfortunate poor........

A lotta, lot.  I am quite active in Bay Area politics, and to keep one's law firm active you have to join many organizations, most of which have programs involving pro bono work.

The Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF) has a program--the Homeless Advocacy Project (HAP)--that delivers over many, many helpless people who are threatened with loss of their homes and apartments for any reason.  This ("any" reason) involves my firm in case involving anything from welfare, employment law, tax law, of course landlord-tenant law, domestic law, debt collection law, criminal law--literally, anything by or through which someone might lose a home.

I have won many tall verdicts for such clients, and when they ask how much I take, I tell 'em it's all yours.  Some admit they were hoping I would take something, because they don't even have banks where they can cash checks...alas, then I'm involved in banking law as I set them up with accounts.  I wish physicians were as generous with their time as we lawyers.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 25, 2018 10:00 am

Good for you then Quill, obviously your principles are not just talk.....THAT I respect greatly.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum