NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Stupid Arguments Against Evolution That Just Won't Die

2 posters

Go down

5 Stupid Arguments Against Evolution That Just Won't Die Empty 5 Stupid Arguments Against Evolution That Just Won't Die

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 18, 2018 5:42 am

Good stuff!

As a ten year old child I had my first experience with the "controversy" surrounding the theory of evolution. I had decided to do my science fair project on evolutionary biology and devised an experiment that illustrated how evolution worked. After presenting my project a man sat down next to me and asked, "you don't really believe that do you?" This puzzled me because I had just spent weeks devising an experiment that if it came out the way I thought it should, then evolution would be validated. I had just presented physical evidence. "Why wouldn't I?" The man then gave me a very confused and to my ten year old brain, highly illogical argument of why evolution was false. To his credit, he was not aggressive or agitated nor did he mention the bible or make any religious argument. He did however, profoundly misunderstand the theory of evolution and the evidence for it. That was one of the first times I remember really understanding how clueless most adults are. As a child I assumed that most of adults had all the answers.

https://owlcation.com/stem/6-Stupid-Arguements-Against-Evolution-That-Just-Wont-Die

On one of my favorite sites, they refer to stuff like this as a PRATT - a Point Refuted A Thousand Times Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

5 Stupid Arguments Against Evolution That Just Won't Die Empty Re: 5 Stupid Arguments Against Evolution That Just Won't Die

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2018 5:45 am

That is a cool site

Thought I would also add the following

Worm-eating mice reveal how evolution works on islands
Scientists discover smallest island where mammal species have multiplied

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180516085658.htm

Back to top Go down

5 Stupid Arguments Against Evolution That Just Won't Die Empty Re: 5 Stupid Arguments Against Evolution That Just Won't Die

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 18, 2018 6:12 am

they are not arguments against evolution, they are just examples of Idiots Rolling Eyes

I'm so glad I grew up in a country with a decent education system and subsequently No Controversy around evolution. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down