NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archbishop of Dublin: ‘Homophobia is an insult to God’

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Archbishop of Dublin: ‘Homophobia is an insult to God’ Empty Archbishop of Dublin: ‘Homophobia is an insult to God’

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:30 pm

Archbishop of Dublin: ‘Homophobia is an insult to God’ Dr-Diarmuid-Martin-CREDIT-YouTube
Dr Martin: 'Anybody who doesn't show love towards gay and lesbian people is insulting God' (Photo: YouTube)

The Archbishop of Dublin, Dr Diarmuid Martin, says “homophobia is an insult to God” and that “God never created anybody that he doesn’t love.”

Referring to revelations made last week by Irish MP Jerry Buttimer, that he was beaten, spat at, mocked and harassed because of his sexuality, Dr Martin expressed concern saying: “Certainly the sort of actions that we heard of this week of people being spat at because they were gay or ridiculed … that is not a Christian attitude.

“We have to have the courage to stand up and say that”, said Dr Martin in an interview to the Irish Independent.

“Anybody who doesn’t show love towards gay and lesbian people is insulting God. They are not just homophobic if they do that – they are actually Godophobic because God loves every one of those people”.

He added: “We all belong to one another and there is no way we can build up a society in which people are excluded or insulted.

“We have to learn a new way in Ireland to live with our differences and for all of us to live with respect for one another.”

The Archbishop commented on the recent controversy involving broadcaster RTE’s legal settlement to a Catholic group.

Drag artist Panti Bliss made critical comments about the Iona Institute, accusing them of homophobia, on RTE’s Saturday Night Show last month.

Dr Martin called for the debate around marriage equality to be carried out “in a serene and sober way in which people can express themselves and differences can emerge”.

He said: “Just because a person isn’t in favour of gay marriage doesn’t mean that one is homophobic – let’s be very clear on that.”

In the Seanad, the upper house of the Irish Parliament, Senator David Norris last week attacked RTE over the speed of its settlement.

He also said homophobia remained “rampant” in Irish society and called into question the conduct of the Iona Institute.

Proving Senator Norris’ point on homophobia, Senator Jim Walsh warned in the Seanad against what he described as “dangerous, vicious elements within the gay ideological movement” in Ireland.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/02/11/archbishop-dublin-homophobia-insult-god/

Makes quite a refreshing change tbf!

Back to top Go down

Archbishop of Dublin: ‘Homophobia is an insult to God’ Empty Re: Archbishop of Dublin: ‘Homophobia is an insult to God’

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:59 pm

indeed its right , God loves everyone regardless . I don't have any problem with homosexuals God loves us all .

Back to top Go down

Archbishop of Dublin: ‘Homophobia is an insult to God’ Empty Re: Archbishop of Dublin: ‘Homophobia is an insult to God’

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:22 pm

Maine coon lover wrote:indeed its right , God loves everyone regardless . I don't have any problem with homosexuals God loves us all .
yea sure he does

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

tuff love then .....jeeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:25 pm

Thankfully I am a atheist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:02 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
Maine coon lover wrote:indeed its right , God loves everyone regardless . I don't have any problem with homosexuals God loves us all .
yea sure he does

You must kill those who worship another god.  Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own.  Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you.  Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own.  Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah.  Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him.  Jude 5

old testament , Jesus came to fulfil the law .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:08 pm

Maine coon lover wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
yea sure he does

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own.  Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you.  Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own.  Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah.  Mark 6:11

old testament , Jesus came to fulfil the law .

1) “For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished.  Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”  (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)  Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself.  None other then Jesus said so.

2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever.  "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."  (Luke 16:17 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets.  He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament.  "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets.  I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.  Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place."  (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..."  (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

4) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law.  Mark.7:9-13  "Whoever curses father or mother shall die"  (Mark 7:10 NAB)

5) Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating.  He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.”  (Matthew 15:4-7)

6) Jesus has a punishment even worse than his father concerning adultery: God said the act of adultery was punishable by death. Jesus says looking with lust is the same thing and you should gouge your eye out, better a part, than the whole.  The punishment under Jesus is an eternity in Hell.  (Matthew 5:27)

7) Peter says that all slaves should “be subject to [their] masters with all fear,” to the bad and cruel as well as the “good and gentle.”  This is merely an echo of the same slavery commands in the Old Testament. 1 Peter 2:18

Cool “Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law" (John7:19) and “For the law was given by Moses,..." (John 1:17).

9) “...the scripture cannot be broken.” --Jesus Christ, John 10:35

yup try again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:24 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
yea sure he does

you still quoting from the evilbible websitem i answered all these...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:25 pm

i wonder if islam thinks homophobia is an insult to allah...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:36 pm

heavenly father wrote:i wonder if islam thinks homophobia is an insult to allah...
Archbishop of Dublin: ‘Homophobia is an insult to God’ Indexw10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:37 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
heavenly father wrote:i wonder if islam thinks homophobia is an insult to allah...

yeah it did sound like phildidge... :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:37 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
yea sure he does

If complete and utter bullshit is a answer then yes you did

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:39 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

I explained it perfectly pity you just couldn't understand but by all means keep copying and pasting it's so much easier than understanding.. :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:39 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

yeah it did sound like phildidge... :D 
At the risk of repeating myself Archbishop of Dublin: ‘Homophobia is an insult to God’ Indexw10and may I add confusing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:41 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

I explained it perfectly pity you just couldn't understand but by all means keep copying and pasting it's so much easier than understanding.. :D 
yes more bullshit you claimed they where taken out of context and refused to supply the context
you are a charlatan a flim flam man who spouts dogma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

yes more bullshit you claimed they where taken out of context and refused to supply the context

i told you what your quotes were, the fact you do not accept the truth is your problem not mine... :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:44 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
yea sure he does

you still quoting from that work of fiction you call the bible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:45 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

i told you what your quotes were, the fact you do not accept the truth is your problem not mine... :D 
No you didn`t but you know that your just a practiced liar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:47 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

I think you are a practiced fool, believe as you wish, you will regarding any evidence anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:53 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

I think you are a practiced fool, believe as you wish, you will regarding any evidence anyway.
i may be a practiced fool but obviously your a expert.
And The only person believing in a wish is you
You wish/hope /believe in a thing that doesn`t even exist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:57 pm

i refer you to the wise words of The Doobie Brothers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:01 am

as i have said many times, if I am right i have lost nothing you have lost everything, if you are right i have lost nothing and you have lost nothing, i cannot lose either way.. :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:18 am

@HF
but If I am Right you are Snake food  Wink Wink Wink 

The Dreaming cannot be denied
Archbishop of Dublin: ‘Homophobia is an insult to God’ Dreamtime_sisters_10_photo_s1

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:22 am

veya_victaous wrote: @HF
but If I am Right you are Snake food  Wink Wink Wink 

The Dreaming cannot be denied
Archbishop of Dublin: ‘Homophobia is an insult to God’ Dreamtime_sisters_10_photo_s1

thats lovely ........the picture ...and i know your right

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:22 am

there either is a heaven or their is simply death..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:05 am

heavenly father wrote:there either is a heaven or their is simply death..
No obewan there is another

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:15 am

If you are indeed the original VOD, i know you to be very caring...And you have a very good nature!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:37 am

No the dreaming is far more likely.....

Does a Human ever 'Dream'?
Does a Human ever 'Heaven'? ......
no they dont ever 'Heaven' except in their 'Dream'.

The Dreaming actually allows your heaven but it would be an illusion, or just a very small part of the greater Dreaming.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:05 am

veya_victaous wrote:

The Dreaming actually allows your heaven but it would be an illusion, or just a very small part of the greater Dreaming.

I only get real dreams, at times of real stress...Then at those times, my mum comes into and it's all very vivid...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:21 am

veya_victaous wrote:

And unlike god, In theory it makes more sense and violates no laws of physics or intelligence in the process ...unlike God

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:32 am

Catman wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

I only get real dreams, at times of real stress...Then at those times, my mum comes into and it's all very vivid...

The Aboriginal Notion is vague (part of what I like about it) but the essential is that before stuff (time/earth etc) everything was in what they call 'the dreaming' it is basically impossible to put into words and is represented by images (like the one I posted) I would say it's like 'reality on LSD' but more spiritual. when things die they fade back into this dream dimension that exists over the top of our dimension. During the original Dreaming the Dimensions had greater direct interaction and beings from the Dreaming like the Rainbow Serpent could move between them easily and shaped Australia in doing so. But long before white man arrived the Aboriginals were already saying that the Dreaming and reality where separating....

:::grouch::  :::grouch::  :::grouch:: And when you take into account that this Fits into modern String Theory  and compatible with the Big Bang Theory.... and has been followed (with various local adaptions) for 30,000 to 40,000 years..... Well...  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes 
IMHO
If you are going to claim wisdom from the ancients you may as well pick the most ancient, not just because it is the oldest but because it also happens to stands up best Wink  Wink  Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:40 am

Matthew 7:6

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:48 am

Maine coon lover wrote:

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:50 am

PhilDidge wrote:
Maine coon lover wrote:

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

correct . those who pretend to believe not those who are believers.
There are those who claim to be followers of Jesus and can even cast out demons but they don't know Jesus as their Saviour . Jesus knows who are the genuine believers this is what this scripture is saying .

Last edited by Maine coon lover on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:51 am

Maine coon lover wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

correct . those who pretend to believe not those who are believers.

You really missed the point of why I posted it to you

:D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:53 am

:D no I didn't

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:54 am

Maine coon lover wrote::D no I didn't

That was very obvious you did miss the point why it was posted to you

Last edited by PhilDidge on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:54 am

There are those who claim to be followers of Jesus and can even cast out demons but they don't know Jesus as their Saviour . Jesus knows who are the genuine believers this is what this scripture is saying .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:55 am

Maine coon lover wrote:There are those who claim to be followers of Jesus and can even cast out demons but they don't know Jesus as their Saviour . Jesus knows who are the genuine believers this is what this scripture is saying .

Well that means you are buggered!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:56 am

phildidge - are you trying to convert believers ?

are you not happy that people are living peaceful happy lives , are you jealous because believers have something you don't have .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:58 am

PhilDidge wrote:
Maine coon lover wrote:There are those who claim to be followers of Jesus and can even cast out demons but they don't know Jesus as their Saviour . Jesus knows who are the genuine believers this is what this scripture is saying .

you don't understand that scripture . I explained it as simply as I could for you , but if you can't get it then I am not going to try as making it simpler isn't possible .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:59 am

Maine coon lover wrote:phildidge - are you trying to convert believers ?

are you not happy that people are living peaceful happy lives , are you jealous because believers have something you don't have .

Convert, no I just like having fun watching believers constantly contradict themselves, so much so they always end up confusing themselves.

I do so more to posters I know who are hypocritical with what I have highlighted, I am happy for people to have faith, but you do not respect all people to live their lives do you?

How about Muslims for example?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:00 am

Maine coon lover wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

you don't understand that scripture . I explained it as simply as I could for you , but if you can't get it then I am not going to try as making it simpler isn't possible .

This coming from a person who learned their faith from a later interpretation of Christianity.

Priceless

For example you also were contradicted on all sins being forgiven, why did you get that wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:03 am

PhilDidge wrote:
Maine coon lover wrote:phildidge - are you trying to convert believers ?

Convert, no I just like having fun watching believers constantly contradict themselves, so much so they always end up confusing themselves.

I do so more to posters I know who are hypocritical with what I have highlighted, I am happy for people to have faith, but you do not respect all people to live their lives do you?

so I am correct when you don't want to learn about faith you just do it for fun .

moslems have every right to practice their faith , why not we all have freedom of choice.

Your the one asking me questions about my faith I am only posting my belief on threads which interest me .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:05 am

Maine coon lover wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

so I am correct when you don't want to learn about faith you just do it for fun .

moslems have every right to practice their faith , why not we all have freedom of choice.

Your the one asking me questions about my faith I am only posting my belief on threads which interest me .

No you are incorrect as I studied the faith for years

Moslems, what are they?

Yes it is your belief, an interpretation of what Jesus taught.

So if some Muslims lead righteous lives, why can they not get into heaven?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:06 am

PhilDidge wrote:
Maine coon lover wrote:

This coming from a person who learned their faith from a later interpretation of Christianity.

Priceless

For example you also were contradicted on all sins being forgiven, why did you get that wrong?

to blaspheme the Holy spirit you mean ?

for a believer to blaspheme the Holy spirit would be they didn't truly believe in the first place as the Holy spirit lives within believers .

Like I said you wont understand the scriptures as your not truly wanting to learn you said yourself your doing it for fun . Your a mocker a scoffer .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:08 am

Maine coon lover wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Priceless

to blaspheme the Holy spirit you mean ?

for a believer to blaspheme the Holy spirit would be they didn't truly believe in the first place as the Holy spirit lives within believers .

Like I said you wont understand the scriptures as your not truly wanting to learn you said yourself your doing it for fun . Your a mocker a scoffer .

Thus then all sins are not forgiven, thus this sin is eternal, which shows you contradict yourself, showing I clearly understand the bible better than you dear

Thank you for proving yourself incorrect!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:08 am

PhilDidge wrote:
Maine coon lover wrote:

Moslems, what are they?

heaven isn't an option for moslems , they are going to paradise and paradise is a level of hell , go research it for yourself.

I said I wont debate with you and I am ending this here because you are an irritant a bit like nettle rash.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:11 am

Maine coon lover wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Moslems, what are they?

heaven isn't an option for moslems , they are going to paradise and paradise is a level of hell , go research it for yourself.

I said I wont debate with you and I am ending this here because you are an irritant a bit like nettle rash.

Really, that is a new one and why do you keep calling Muslims, moslems?

You just are a poor believer as clearly a person of faith can take any challenge onto their faith

So now any righteous Muslim is condemned solely for not believing, given the fact if we go by the scriptures, God has predetermined they will be Muslims.

What an evil deity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:54 am

[quote="Korben Dallas"]
Archbishop of Dublin: ‘Homophobia is an insult to God’ Indexw10[/quote

You're diverting from answering the Muslim thing??

Why??

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:09 am

@HF and Smelly
Islam does hate homosexuals....  Maybe you should convert?  ::dunno::
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next