NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No one needs to be lonely... and step one, says BEL MOONEY, is never send another text message!

Go down

No one needs to be lonely... and step one, says BEL MOONEY, is never send another text message!   Empty No one needs to be lonely... and step one, says BEL MOONEY, is never send another text message!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:29 am

[*]Bel Mooney says it saddens her to hear how badly people interact
[*]She says people now communicate online when they should be with friends
[*]Office for National Statistics found Britain to be ‘loneliness capital’ of Europe

There is one complaint I have grown so tired of hearing in letters to my Saturday advice column in the Mail.
The writer, sad or angry as a result of falling out with a family member or friend, so often moans: ‘I sent her a text but she never replied . . .’
It drives me crazy. Why are you sending a stupid text? Why can’t you pick up the phone, so that your mother, sister or friend can hear that note in your voice and realise just how upset you are? Or better still — if possible — pop round?
We are living in an age of mass communication, yet it constantly saddens me to hear how badly people interact. It’s as if they’re afraid to talk.

Have you ever watched a young couple failing to interact with their children in the supermarket queue? So often they don’t chat, but simply grunt or snap. Recently, I watched a father and daughter together in the park, clearly on his ‘custody day’. ‘Look, Daddy, look!’ the little girl pleaded from the play area. Indifferent, he stared hard at his phone.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5605709/No-one-needs-lonely-step-one-says-BEL-MOONEY-never-send-text-message.html#ixzz5CRA568MG 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

No one needs to be lonely... and step one, says BEL MOONEY, is never send another text message!   Empty Re: No one needs to be lonely... and step one, says BEL MOONEY, is never send another text message!

Post by nicko Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:33 am

100% agree, but then i'm an old fossil who would like to go back to the late 60' ! Thinking about it, i'd close down Facebook as well, too many bullies wrecking young kids lives !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down