NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK masterchef judges is so Ignorant of Food that it's Hillariously Racist

+7
Tommy Monk
Eilzel
eddie
Victorismyhero
'Wolfie
nicko
veya_victaous
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UK masterchef judges is so Ignorant of Food that it's Hillariously Racist  - Page 2 Empty UK masterchef judges is so Ignorant of Food that it's Hillariously Racist

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:23 am

First topic message reminder :

JUDGES on a popular British cooking show are being ridiculed for ignorance of Asian food after insisting a Malaysian contestant’s chicken rendang curry should have been crispy.

Foodies in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia have taken to social media to vent at the critique of the Malaysian-born cook’s traditional and standard method for preparing chicken rendang.

“The skin isn’t crispy. It can’t be eaten but all the sauce is on the skin I can’t eat,” one of the MasterChef UK judges complained in a recent episode of the show.

Online, Southeast Asians pointed out that the chicken is cooked in curry sauce, not fried, and is never crispy. Some accused the judges of neo-colonial attitudes and racism.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak also chipped in, posting a photo of chicken rendang on Twitter and lightheartedly asking whether anyone has ever eaten a crispy chicken curry.

Malaysian Foreign Minister Anifah Aman said the judges were guilty of “whitesplaining.”

The contestant, Zaleha Kadir Olpin, was eliminated from the competition but took to Instagram to vow she’d never stop cooking the traditional way. Her offending rendang was presented as part of Malaysia’s national dish, Nasi Lemak, or rice cooked in coconut milk that comes with sides such as peanuts, spicy prawns and rendang.

The judges lavished praise on most of the ingredients but dismissed the non-crispy chicken rendang as a “mistake.”
One of the judges, John Torode, later stirred more controversy online by trying to fuel the ages-old war of words between Malaysians and Indonesians over which country invented rendang.

However the absurdity of the crispy curry saga has provided the neighbouring countries with a rare point of agreement. The curry, which originates from West Sumatra in Indonesia, is popular in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei and southern Thailand.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/masterchef-uk-judges-cause-a-stir-with-chicken-curry-comments/news-story/7f749f2ad5e0a7443a6bf3f386ddd35c
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

UK masterchef judges is so Ignorant of Food that it's Hillariously Racist  - Page 2 Empty Re: UK masterchef judges is so Ignorant of Food that it's Hillariously Racist

Post by veya_victaous Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:38 am

it is Exactly in Line with the Ideologies of Colonial Britain. one of the great racist empires.

It can only be relevant IF you ignore this sort of Racism. which is totally a display of sense of cultural or ethnical superiority.

Which is Why Britain has such problem with Racism because the Fail to Call it out, at the root, when displayed in the mindsets, beliefs and opinions of other brits.

From Twitter to get a Opinion outside of this British echo chamber.
Only white people will have the audacity to tell you that that’s not the way to do something even though it has been done that way for decades and an entire culture eats it that way.

God, give me the confidence of a white man who believes he knows how to make a Malaysian dish better than a Malaysian woman http://says.com/my/news/a-malaysian-was-eliminated-from-masterchef-uk-because-her-chicken-rendang-wasn-t-crispy …

"What rubbish is he talking about? This is not duck ala orange or confit d canard; the way French cook their duck," Chef Wan was quoted as saying by NST.
"Obviously he does not know what he is talking about. We cook it the Malaysian rendang way," he added, in reference to Gregg's comments on Zaleha's chicken skin.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

UK masterchef judges is so Ignorant of Food that it's Hillariously Racist  - Page 2 Empty Re: UK masterchef judges is so Ignorant of Food that it's Hillariously Racist

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:46 am

veya_victaous wrote:LOL so you are like the judge trying to make rulings on something you know nothing about, you're openly Zionist/Racist so you don't have any understanding or validity
Didge wrote:WTF and Wow, so now when you are losing the debate, you instead make claims I am racist and claim Zionism is racism. This idiocy, was used before by those seeking to deny the right of Israel to exist.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/politics-ideas/zionism-not-racism/
THE MALAYASAIN FOREIGN MINISTER Said Judge was Whitesplaining, the Judge Claimed the Dish that was cooked in Traditional fashion was 'inedible' 'wrong' and 'a mistake' because of the traditional way it was cooked. because he is so Ignorant to not know that is the way it is meant to be, and so racist as to Expect the 'European' methods of cooking
Didge wrote:WTF and Wow again.

So your reasoning to claim this was racism, is based on the views of some Foreign Minister and not any actual reason. Again the parts I have highlighted are yours and his invented views on this and not any actul views expressed by the critics. You see this is a glowing example of how some of the left invent and see racism where none exists. I asked you if you understood what racism is and so far you hav no understanding.

By Suggesting the Skin should be Crispy, which would be like the European Cooking methods that Cook the chicken separately to the sauce and then combine. while rendang is always slow cooked in the sauce making the Very idea of 'crispy skin' Laughable, as in it's something a fictional 'ignorant racist' character might say for comic relief.
Didge wrote:WTF and even more wow. So if a person who is of Asian, African, or anyone not of Italian ethnicity claims pasta is better cooked when its not  “al dente”  but rather softer. To you this is racism.
Seriously, get a grip, as that shows again, you are inventing racism, to where none exists.

, it's totally racist, only regressive Eurocentrics that are so highly ingrained with racism could not see it. or would even try and suggest it is not racist.
Didge wrote:Well you and some other useless idiots seem to be the only ones claiming racism here and again not based off any of the questions I posed to you
WHO MADE A NON-TRADIONAL DISH? Answer the ONE fucken question dodge!!!

So try again

Okay, lets see if you truely understand what racism is shall we?

In what way did the critic claim the British race was superior by being critical of how a certain traditional Malaysian dish was cooked? How does even terms such as Asian or white even come into this?

Did they at any point claim, that the standard they set, is based on something British or white?

Did they claim it was because the contestant was Asian, in that her food was inferior or did they dislike it based on the individuals own taste?

Or did you and some other regressives invent this, to see racism, where none exists?

I would like to see real evidence in your response, not some invented bullshit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:51 am

veya_victaous wrote:it is Exactly in Line with the Ideologies of Colonial Britain. one of the great racist empires.

It can only be relevant IF you ignore this sort of Racism. which is totally a display of sense of cultural or ethnical superiority.

Which is Why Britain has such problem with Racism because the Fail to Call it out, at the root, when displayed in the mindsets, beliefs and opinions of other brits.

Only white people will have the audacity to tell you that that’s not the way to do something even though it has been done that way for decades and an entire culture eats it that way.

God, give me the confidence of a white man who believes he knows how to make a Malaysian dish better than a Malaysian woman http://says.com/my/news/a-malaysian-was-eliminated-from-masterchef-uk-because-her-chicken-rendang-wasn-t-crispy …

"What rubbish is he talking about? This is not duck ala orange or confit d canard; the way French cook their duck," Chef Wan was quoted as saying by NST.
"Obviously he does not know what he is talking about. We cook it the Malaysian rendang way," he added, in reference to Gregg's comments on Zaleha's chicken skin.

You see, here is a prime example of yet more invented claims

At any point, did the critic claim they could make the dish better?

No

Again claiming that some how if someone classed white is critical, its racism?

Again WTF?

This is all the regressive left always do. When something is not deemed that good, they play the idiot racist card.

Again what is inherantly racist is how people of a nation try to own a dish, which collectivelly none of them even invented. Like anything invented, it would be down to a few individuals and what you have then. Is people stupidly claim its theirs to own off the back of these people.

Its the same retarded argument you get from the Far Right, when it comes to how they claim higher intelligence based off not realizing they are only educated based off the innovations and knowledge of a few individuals who passed this onto the world. They would not have many of the abilities, without people leaving behind the knowledge to educate people.

Hence your reasoning is as bad as the Far Right

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:56 am

Eilzel wrote:Veya, I'm sorry but didge is right here.

No one judged something foreign as wrong. The judge didn't express dislike of the food because of its origin, he simply didn't know what he was talking about.

Racism comes from a sense of cultural or ethnical superiority- no such thing was displayed here.

Did he imply British food was better? No. Has he been known to criticise other foreign dishes and their traditional cooking method either? Not that anyone is aware of.

He was just objectively wrong on this occasion. But not racist. There isn't anything connecting his views on this dish to the ideologies of the Nazis, KKK or Apartheid. And it is ridiculous to suggest there is, which the racism term does.

It is funny, on that I agree, but hilariously ignorant rather than racist.

You must see how using that word in this instance only devalues it, which then becomes a problem when it IS relevant.

+1

Bang on the money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:20 am

Masterchef judge Gregg Wallace has hit back in an unlikely international row sparked by his comments about a contestant’s Malaysian chicken.

Wallace sparked a wave of criticism, including from Malaysia’s prime minister, after telling Malaysian-born Zaleha Kadir Olpin her chicken rendang dish needed a crispier skin.

“The skin isn't crispy. It can't be eaten but all the sauce is on the skin I can't eat," Wallace said on the BBC show.

His sharp assessment of the dish, which saw Ms Olphin crash out of the show, sparked a rebuke from Malaysia’s Prime Minister Najib Razak, who tweeted a picture of the curry dish along with the caption: "Does anyone eat chicken rendang 'crispy'? #MalaysianFood".

But Wallace has defended his assessment, insisting he does know how a rendang should be served.

“I didn't mean it should be fried, like a fried chicken. What I meant was, it wasn't cooked. And it simply wasn't cooked. It was white and flabby,” he told ITV’s Good Morning Britain.

"She didn't go out because her skin wasn't crispy, she went out because the other cooks were better.

"Rest assured, the best cooks will always go through.”

While presenting the dish, Ms Olpin told Wallace and his co-presenter John Torode: "There was a special stall outside my school that sold the best nasi lemak so I used to save up pocket money on Fridays...It is very special to me."

But Torode insisted he knew about Malaysian cuisine, saying: “I did a whole series on Malaysia. Malaysian food is fantastic. I absolutely love it. I said to her, it wasn't cooked enough, that's what I said.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/tv/masterchef-chicken-rendang-gregg-wallace-hits-back-after-comments-spark-international-row-a3805316.html

At worst the man is simple an idiot based off his own tastes, but in no way was he being racist.

Back in a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:25 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:I mean this is what Veya is claiming

If you make an asian dish and its not made to the standard of where that dish originates from. Then to him its racism.
Hence every vegitarian curry, to this idiot, is racism, to every Asian.

This is why i dispair at such idiots on the left

HOLY FUCK YOU ARE DUMB

WHO made a non-standard dish?

you cant follow even a story about a cooking show you dumb fuck,
the JUDGE said the STANDARD dish is WRONG!!!

you're why I despise the Right
You can't even read or follow basic sequence of events.

AND most curries are vegetarian you ignorant racist twat.
You are a classic example of the ignorant British Racist whitesplaining shit you Don't know and can't follow.  

Hi veya

I get what you're saying about it being standard dish

I get what you mean about eddie's shephard's pie (minus the potato)

I get all what you're saying but I still agree with syl

It is nothing more than ignorance and bad manners.......It has nothing whatsoever to do with racism

Eilzel is right. Real racism is a problem but this sort of nonsense just evades the real problem and does no good at all (imo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:34 am

veya_victaous wrote:it is Exactly in Line with the Ideologies of Colonial Britain. one of the great racist empires.

Get off your anti-British soap box, veya Wink

Every colonial power was a racist one. Your ancestors were racist, everyone was racist.

This chef is not racist, he's just misinformed. He isn't about to go to Malaysia and spread British culinary practices throughout the country. Get a grip mate Wink

The only sense of superiority the man has is the arrogance that seems to affect all chefs and food critics. He has that. He is not racist.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:22 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Syl wrote:Branding people racist all the time just creates divides.
Anyone should be able to comment about food without everything boiling down to racism.
It might be ignorant, it may be bad mannered, but its certainly not racist.  Rolling Eyes

it is totally Racist, the fact that Brits Fail to Acknowledge that it is racist. Is part of the reason Brits are regarded as racists Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

AND ITS NOT COMMENTINJG ON THE FOOD!!!!
it is the ignorance and then to Claim Expertise and Knowledge and the Capacity to judge others.
The Jude Literally went 'this dish is not cooked in the European Fashion, So it's Wrong and Inedible" which is racist.
Not one of you can explain how that is not racist!!!!

Veya, why do you have such a downer on us Brits in general?
The majority of us are not racist, we may not always be right, we may retaliate when someone keeps calling us names, but all in all....we are mostly just normal, well adjusted folk, wanting to do the best we can for others as well as ourselves...you know, a bit like the majority of Aussies. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:43 pm

I said long ago that some Brit pinched his wife/girlfriend,
there's no other explanation Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:19 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Hey look didge is Whitesplaining Just like the racist Judge, and Shows how Racist as a Culture the Uk STILL is today.

And that's the Point Knob
How can you Judge When You posses no knowledge of Food, because that dish was a TEXTBOOK version of that dish.
it's not a dish found in one nation, it is found through out South east Asia, A common dish to well over a billion people, Literally it a more common and universal to more people than ANY European dish, even Pizza.  
To not know it, does completely disqualify one form being a judge of cooking. Do you think SE Asian cooks wouldn't know what a pizza was?

So, if I came to your country and commented on a dish, that would be racist?
Don’t be so fucking stupid.

SO if you commented on A dish and said it's wrong when it is clearly not then that is racist, If your comments are based on the preconceptions that your races 'way of cooking' is the only 'correct way' that is Racist.
And to be So Wilfully Insular of culture to not so something as common as rendang is also racist.

the guy is Totally an Ignorant racist.
I know you live in a ignorant racist society so you don't get it  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
Their not even Black either? their South East Asian.
But like a typical ignorant racist you don't get that either  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

So are you going to claim Les is also a racist because he has stated the same? No you won’t, will you? Why not, Veya?

And you know what? There’s only one person on this thread who keeps ranting on about the English so I reckon that makes you a racist prick.

You racist prick.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:23 pm

nicko wrote:I said long ago that some Brit pinched his wife/girlfriend,
there's no other explanation Laughing

The only posters who shout racism all the time are the posters who are, actually, racist.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Veya lost the total plot and feels a proper wanker and can’t back down now. He’s had to call everyone he knows on this thread, a racist

UK masterchef judges is so Ignorant of Food that it's Hillariously Racist  - Page 2 3489511464
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Seems like Veya is singling eddie out, maybe he's sexist!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:24 pm

He's sexist,racist and ageist !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:40 am

eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Hey look didge is Whitesplaining Just like the racist Judge, and Shows how Racist as a Culture the Uk STILL is today.

How can you Judge When You posses no knowledge of Food, because that dish was a TEXTBOOK version of that dish.
it's not a dish found in one nation, it is found through out South east Asia, A common dish to well over a billion people, Literally it a more common and universal to more people than ANY European dish, even Pizza.  
To not know it, does completely disqualify one form being a judge of cooking. Do you think SE Asian cooks wouldn't know what a pizza was?

SO if you commented on A dish and said it's wrong when it is clearly not then that is racist, If your comments are based on the preconceptions that your races 'way of cooking' is the only 'correct way' that is Racist.
And to be So Wilfully Insular of culture to not so something as common as rendang is also racist.

I know you live in a ignorant racist society so you don't get it  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
But like a typical ignorant racist you don't get that either  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

So are you going to claim Les is also a racist because he has stated the same? No you won’t, will you? Why not, Veya?

And you know what? There’s only one person on this thread who keeps ranting on about the English so I reckon that makes you a racist prick.

You racist prick.

Where did Les say that?
He said the guy is in idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about
The difference is Les is willing to let ignorance be an excuse

And I am racist against British, thanks to Newsfix tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:41 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Seems like Veya is singling eddie out, maybe he's sexist!  

No way, didge was on the receiving end more than her tongue tongue tongue tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:

You racist prick.

Where did Les say that?
He said the guy is in idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about
The difference is Les is willing to let ignorance be an excuse

And I am racist against British, thanks to Newsfix tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

So you're basing your racism against Brits on the words of a few Brits on one website? Wink Razz

What is your definition of racism, veya?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:54 pm

I think veya got upset when he found out that one of the 'racist British judges' is in fact AN AUSTRALIAN!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:12 pm

UK masterchef judges is so Ignorant of Food that it's Hillariously Racist  - Page 2 John-Torode-angry-905902

"John Douglas Torode is an Australian celebrity chef. He moved to the UK in the 1990s and began working at Conran Group's restaurants. Wikipedia

Born: 23 July 1965 (age 52), Melbourne, Australia"

lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:52 pm

He is also a chef who specialises in asian cuisine...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:11 am

That makes him doubly Racist, Feed him to Crocodiles. ( i didn't know he was Aussie And he is Definitely not an expert on Asian Cuisine)

Let it not be said that Aussies defend their racists or try and Embrace racism as their culture.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:38 am

Dry your eyes mate...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2