NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

5 posters

Go down

The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever. Empty The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Post by Andy Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:18 am

Spending a fortune to ensure the disabled DO NOT get the benefits they are entitled to.

Tories spend £100m trying to stop disabled getting help they're entitled to

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tories-spend-staggering-100million-trying-12010608#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare

Bastards. How the fuck do Conservatives sleep at night.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever. Empty Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Post by Vintage Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:59 am

About the same as the Labour who'll apparently give hard working peoples taxes to anyone with a sob story. In fact many people who can walk anywhere they like and live life to the full end up being paid far more for not working than those who work and pay for themselves and others who don't want to work.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever. Empty Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:10 am

Vintage wrote:
About the same as the Labour who'll apparently give hard working peoples taxes to anyone with a sob story. In fact many people who can walk anywhere they like and live life to the full end up being paid far more for not working than those who work and pay for themselves and others who don't want to work.

Rolling Eyes

What a load of unsubstantiated bulldust...

Your comparison of genuinely disabled persons on the one hand being shafted and denied by a heartless and greedy administration more focussed on sucking on their billionaire owners' dicks, with a minority of chancers cheating the welfare system, is a totally puerile and senseless example..

Just goes to show that you're as clueless and heartless as your beloved guvm'nt.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:18 am

I agree wholeheartedly that this money should be spent on the disabled and not on expensive lawyers...so long as it is on genuinely disabled claimants and not on paying over-generous fees and allowances to cohorts of lawyers and bureaucrats involved in appeals processes.

There clearly has to be some form of fair assessment of claimants' eligibility and a cost effective and efficient method of dealing with genuine appeals, because no matter how you rant about the Tories, Labour faced in the past and, if elected, will face in the future the unsavoury fact that liars and thieves who serially and systematically plunder the benefits system are stealing an estimated two billion-plus every year in bogus and exaggerated claims and organised scams and fraud.

And how much more could dealing with that scale or individual and organised criminal activity alleviate the shortage of resources in the benefits system as a whole.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 pm

I don't really understand the figures.

A vast majority of people are happy with their assessments, and only a very small proportion of all ESA and PIP decisions are overturned at appeal - just 4% for PIP and 5% for ESA.

Does that mean that of all the appeals only 4/5% are successful?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:I agree wholeheartedly that this money should be spent on the disabled and not on expensive lawyers...so long as it is on genuinely disabled claimants and not on paying over-generous fees and allowances to cohorts of lawyers and bureaucrats involved in appeals processes.

There clearly has to be some form of fair assessment of claimants' eligibility and a cost effective and efficient method of dealing with genuine appeals, because no matter how you rant about the Tories, Labour faced in the past and, if elected, will face in the future the unsavoury fact that liars and thieves who serially and systematically plunder the benefits system are stealing an estimated two billion-plus every year in bogus and exaggerated claims and organised scams and fraud.

And how much more could dealing with that scale or individual and organised criminal activity alleviate the shortage of resources in the benefits system as a whole.

What I was trying to say, the very many pure phonies and exaggeraters are stealing money not only from the tax payer but from the genuine disabled. The problem is anyone trying to bring this to the light gets the reaction I did earlier.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:51 pm

I think that part of the problem is those who claim disability benefits, but don't report an improvement in their condition, they just keep claiming. That's why regular assessments are needed.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:27 pm

I know of people on the sick for years but working on the side putting in for mobility a few years before their pensions were due and getting it, they quit work then because they were getting over £500 a week with attendance etc. One actually told me this. Only last year I actually saw a woman who has a mobility car and a scooter a large one, actually pushing/carrying the scooter over an embankment, its quite high and steep, its a short cut from the back of her house, push it on to the road and get on it and drive away. There were about 10 people in the vicinity they all stopped and looked amazed, she goes dancing too, takes her elbow crutches with her but as the night goes on and drinks flow they are shoved under the seat, she frequently walks home without them. I live in a post industrial area where there is little work yet the majority of new cars are owned by those who don't go to work, so as there are few now still with us who may have industrial diseases, there must be an epidemic of life changing illnesses in this area. One of local supermarkets is known as Mobility Park. So I tend to be sceptical about people who claim they are disabled, those that are genuine can have whatever they need to make their lives comfortable, I doubt anyone would argue with that.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down