NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump wants a government shutdown...

2 posters

Go down

Trump wants a government shutdown... Empty Trump wants a government shutdown...

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:41 pm

Donald 'pussy-grabber' Trump has come out in favor of a government shutdown.  "Last year, I fell way behind in my golf games.  I don't want a repeat this year.  Plus, I haven't been to my home in Beverly Hills in over a year...why have a west coast residence if you're not going to use it?"

Now, he just has to convince the toady Democrats, who are scared of their own shadow.  "He's just trying to shut down the Russia probe," said one Senator.

"He wants another weekend with the hefty-chesty Stormy Daniels," retorted Speaker Paul Ryan.  "I don't blame him.  We should give him the R&R."

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Trump wants a government shutdown... Empty Re: Trump wants a government shutdown...

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:54 pm

Published on May 2, 2017
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Trump wants a government shutdown... Empty Re: Trump wants a government shutdown...

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:27 pm

Ahh...but repeated just this afternoon.

NBC News wrote:POLITICS  FEB 6 2018, 4:16 PM ET
Trump: I'd 'love to see a shutdown' if Congress can't get immigration deal

Failing Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon cheered on the idea of another government shutdown on Tuesday, telling lawmakers at a White House roundtable that he would "love" to see one if it helped get a tough immigration deal through Congress.

"If we don’t change the legislation, get rid of these loopholes where killers come into our country and continue to kill ... if we don’t change it, let's have a shutdown. We’ll do a shutdown, and it's worth it for our country," Trump said at a law enforcement roundtable that focused on immigration issues and on the MS-13 gang, which the Trump White House has cracked down on.

"I’d love to see a shutdown if we don’t get this stuff taken care of," he added. "And if we have to shut it down because the Democrats don’t want safety — and unrelated but still related, they don’t want to take care of our military — then shut it down. We’ll go with another shutdown."

Trump’s support for a potential shutdown faced pushback from a fellow Republican, Rep. Barbara Comstock of Virginia, who faces a tough re-election battle in a congressional district that is home to many federal workers. She told Trump at the roundtable, "We don’t need a shutdown over this."

Trump responded, "You can say what you want," but later re-emphasized his original position. "I would shut it down over this issue," he said. "I can’t speak for our great representatives here, but I have a feeling they might agree with me."

Trump’s remarks came just two days before government funding was set to run out — again — and came amid growing efforts by both chambers of Congress to reach a deal.

A short-term government funding bill — which ended a three-day shutdown in January — will expire Thursday, and questions remain regarding whether Congress will be able to pass a fifth stop-gap funding bill to keep the lights on.

A deal on DACA, the issue that helped lead to the last government shutdown, has yet to emerge that will get the support of the White House.

The House was expected to vote on another short-term spending bill Tuesday night, setting up a showdown with the Senate with just two days before government funding runs out.

While that particular bill has little chance of passing the Senate, party leaders in the chamber had expressed optimism — just moments before Trump began speaking — that they would reach a deal.

"I'm very pleased to report my meeting with Leader McConnell went very well," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y, said. "We're making progress on a spending deal that would increase the caps for both military and middle class priorities on the domestic side that Democrats have been fighting for."

Moments later, when told of Trump's latest remarks, Schumer flatly rejected the president's latest threat.

"We had one Trump shutdown," he told lawmakers at a Senate policy luncheon Tuesday. "Nobody wants another — maybe except him."

Later Tuesday, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Democrats would be to blame for a prospective shutdown and that Trump wasn't seeking one — although he would welcome another battle with the opposition party.

“If the Democratic Party is going to continue to threaten a shutdown because they won't include responsible immigration reforms including fixing MS-13 loopholes and other issues then the president welcomes that fight,” she said. “It is a fight we won last time."

“We are not advocating for a shutdown,” she added.

I think Trump and the Congress have their Budget deal...to shut it all down!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:26 am

Original Quill wrote:Ahh...but repeated just this afternoon.

Failing Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon cheered on the idea of another government shutdown on Tuesday, telling lawmakers at a White House roundtable that he would "love" to see one if it helped get a tough immigration deal through Congress.

"If we don’t change the legislation, get rid of these loopholes where killers come into our country and continue to kill ... if we don’t change it, let's have a shutdown. We’ll do a shutdown, and it's worth it for our country," Trump said at a law enforcement roundtable that focused on immigration issues and on the MS-13 gang, which the Trump White House has cracked down on.

"I’d love to see a shutdown if we don’t get this stuff taken care of," he added. "And if we have to shut it down because the Democrats don’t want safety — and unrelated but still related, they don’t want to take care of our military — then shut it down. We’ll go with another shutdown."

Trump’s support for a potential shutdown faced pushback from a fellow Republican, Rep. Barbara Comstock of Virginia, who faces a tough re-election battle in a congressional district that is home to many federal workers. She told Trump at the roundtable, "We don’t need a shutdown over this."

Trump responded, "You can say what you want," but later re-emphasized his original position. "I would shut it down over this issue," he said. "I can’t speak for our great representatives here, but I have a feeling they might agree with me."

Trump’s remarks came just two days before government funding was set to run out — again — and came amid growing efforts by both chambers of Congress to reach a deal.

A short-term government funding bill — which ended a three-day shutdown in January — will expire Thursday, and questions remain regarding whether Congress will be able to pass a fifth stop-gap funding bill to keep the lights on.

A deal on DACA, the issue that helped lead to the last government shutdown, has yet to emerge that will get the support of the White House.

The House was expected to vote on another short-term spending bill Tuesday night, setting up a showdown with the Senate with just two days before government funding runs out.

While that particular bill has little chance of passing the Senate, party leaders in the chamber had expressed optimism — just moments before Trump began speaking — that they would reach a deal.

"I'm very pleased to report my meeting with Leader McConnell went very well," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y, said. "We're making progress on a spending deal that would increase the caps for both military and middle class priorities on the domestic side that Democrats have been fighting for."

Moments later, when told of Trump's latest remarks, Schumer flatly rejected the president's latest threat.

"We had one Trump shutdown," he told lawmakers at a Senate policy luncheon Tuesday. "Nobody wants another — maybe except him."

Later Tuesday, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Democrats would be to blame for a prospective shutdown and that Trump wasn't seeking one — although he would welcome another battle with the opposition party.

“If the Democratic Party is going to continue to threaten a shutdown because they won't include responsible immigration reforms including fixing MS-13 loopholes and other issues then the president welcomes that fight,” she said. “It is a fight we won last time."

No doubt.

But if you are talking about a current story, don't use one nearly a year old. Do a little better quality control on these posts. Thank you. Embarassed
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:00 am

That recent enough for you Redneck? Republicans control the House, the Senate and the White House, and still they can't govern. Give 'em another few weeks...perhaps they'll learn.

It's not a Democratic problem. Republicans passed a Tax Act; surely they can handle a budget. As for the Democrats, they should all go on a retreat...say, Bali. There's nothing going on in Washington that involves them.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:55 am

Original Quill wrote:

That recent enough for you Redneck?  Republicans control the House, the Senate and the White House, and still they can't govern.  Give 'em another few weeks...perhaps they'll learn.

It's not a Democratic problem.  Republicans passed a Tax Act; surely they can handle a budget.  As for the Democrats, they should all go on a retreat...say, Bali.  There's nothing going on in Washington that involves them.

Yes. I'm raising your grade to a B- on this thread in light of your corrections.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:01 pm

Trump keeps saying that the Democrats are forcing the shutdown because they won't join with Republicans to pass the budget bill.  Cops don't help robbers.  What do Republicans want to do with that budget…build walls, deport dreamers, start a war with North Korea, rip off the poor to gild the rich, start another war in Syria?  They are up to no good whatever they do.

What is appalling about their argument is that Republicans control the House, Senate and executive departments.  They hold all the levers of government, yet they can't even agree among themselves how to get a budget done.  They come whining to the Democrats to fix it--as they seemingly always do.  But they don't really want a real fix; they just want Democrats to help them complete their crimes.

We live in unusual, iconoclastic times.  Donald Trump--the destroyer of culture and grabber of pussies--has made it so.  Maybe another icon should fall.  Maybe it's time to take Trump at his word...call his bluff...take the road less traveled.  Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell once devised a system--a philosophy really--that when the other party is in power, you work to make the nation fail.  Thus, what an opportunity this is: no budget, no money; no money, no wars, no walls and no deportations.  A failure to fund bad things, is a good thing, no?  Use the failure to fund failed policies, to create success.

The government under Trump is nothing but a criminal enterprise.  It was conceived in criminal money laundering...primarily for drugs, human trafficking and prostitution.  It is run by a profligate individual, who has allowed himself to be blackmailed by the Putin and the Russians.  He's another Toom Tabard, being run by Edward I.  He is reckless, temperamental and inexperienced, with a finger on the red button.  Really, to shut down the government seems the only responsible thing to do.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:14 pm

Original Quill wrote:Trump keeps saying that the Democrats are forcing the shutdown because they won't join with Republicans to pass the budget bill.  Cops don't help robbers.  What do Republicans want to do with that budget…build walls, deport dreamers, start a war with North Korea, rip off the poor to gild the rich, start another war in Syria?  They are up to no good whatever they do.

What is appalling about their argument is that Republicans control the House, Senate and executive departments.  They hold all the levers of government, yet they can't even agree among themselves how to get a budget done.  They come whining to the Democrats to fix it--as they seemingly always do.  But they don't really want a real fix; they just want Democrats to help them complete their crimes.

We live in unusual, iconoclastic times.  Donald Trump--the destroyer of culture and grabber of pussies--has made it so.  Maybe another icon should fall.  Maybe it's time to take Trump at his word...call his bluff...take the road less traveled.  Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell once devised a system--a philosophy really--that when the other party is in power, you work to make the nation fail.  Thus, what an opportunity this is: no budget, no money; no money, no wars, no walls and no deportations.  A failure to fund bad things, is a good thing, no?  Use the failure to fund failed policies, to create success.

The government under Trump is nothing but a criminal enterprise.  It was conceived in criminal money laundering...primarily for drugs, human trafficking and prostitution.  It is run by a profligate individual, who has allowed himself to be blackmailed by the Putin and the Russians.  He's another Toom Tabard, being run by Edward I.  He is reckless, temperamental and inexperienced, with a finger on the red button.  Really, to shut down the government seems the only responsible thing to do.

Not sure what any of this post means. ^

But it appears Trump is not getting what he wants. cyclops
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

That recent enough for you Redneck?  Republicans control the House, the Senate and the White House, and still they can't govern.  Give 'em another few weeks...perhaps they'll learn.

It's not a Democratic problem.  Republicans passed a Tax Act; surely they can handle a budget.  As for the Democrats, they should all go on a retreat...say, Bali.  There's nothing going on in Washington that involves them.

Yes. I'm raising your grade to a B- on this thread in light of your corrections.

lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:Ahh...but repeated just this afternoon.

You thought wrong.

You must work with Ben Shapiro. tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:50 am

Wait and see.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:33 am

Original Quill wrote:Wait and see.

Is the internet broke out there in Cali? Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:52 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Wait and see.

Is the internet broke out there in Cali?  Cool

Just wait...gotta learn to be patient. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Well, we shut down again for about an hour. We survived.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down