NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad sign of the times.

+4
Raggamuffin
HoratioTarr
Syl
Andy
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sad sign of the times. Empty Sad sign of the times.

Post by Andy Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:44 am

Mrs AA and I were shopping in Boots the chemist. Passed 2 kids, lad and a girl, aged about 12, both tearing up, trying to decide which pregnancy testing kit to buy.

Hope for their futures it proves negative.

And hopefully he will put something on the end of it in future.

Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Sad sign of the times. Empty Re: Sad sign of the times.

Post by Syl Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:14 pm

I think I would have to offer some sort of advice if I had seen that.
The worst that could happen is they would tell me to go away.
12 year olds should be playing out not having sex.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:36 pm

Syl wrote:I think I would have to offer some sort of advice if I had seen that.
The worst that could happen is they would tell me to go away.
12 year olds should be playing out not having sex.

Yeah me too. I think I might have advised going to the local family planning for advice. It's all terribly confidential these days. But on the other hand, being so young, the parents need to know.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:38 pm

People would speak to them about it? I wouldn't - it's none of my business.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:45 pm

Its society though, if everyone looked the other way instead of diving in no one would be offered help when/if they need it.

I think I would rather be a nosy old bat than an uncaring one.

(I don't mean you Rags...I am talking generally) Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:People would speak to them about it?  I wouldn't - it's none of my business.

I'm a bit of sucker for tearful people. I have been known to talk to strangers who are crying.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Yes, and herein lies the problem with society.

Firstly, a Boots shopworker should’ve gone over and offered them advice and also some suggestions as to what to do in future.

Secondly, all the people walking by and ignoring them....that is what is wrong with the world, that many people choose not to ever step in and simply try and help a stranger. When did we become so unattached?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:35 pm

eddie wrote:Yes, and herein lies the problem with society.

Firstly, a Boots shopworker should’ve gone over and offered them advice and also some suggestions as to what to do in future.

Secondly, all the people walking by and ignoring them....that is what is wrong with the world, that many people choose not to ever step in and simply try and help a stranger. When did we become so unattached?

Not everyone is. On this thread alone three people would offer help against two who don't see it as their place to.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:02 pm

I think you're being too harsh. Boots shopworkers are not social workers, they're not there to go up to random customers and tell them what to do. It's not up to the general public either. Nobody knows how old they were anyway, only how old the looked. They might have been getting the kit for someone else.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:07 pm

Well according to Andy they were crying, that would suggest it was for them and also that they were upset about something.

And yeah, you’re right! Why should a shopworker go up to two young children and offer them help? I mean what a crazy thought that a shop worker should actually do their job above and beyond and God forbid that a human should approach another two little humans to offer assistance!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:10 pm

If two youngsters were 'tearing up' whilst trying to decide which pregnancy testing kit they needed my thoughts would be it was for them.

There is a fine line between offering help and interfering, I would rather take my chances of being told to mind my own business than do nothing.

If I actually worked at Boots I think it would be totally wrong not to offer help.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:11 pm

eddie wrote:Well according to Andy they were crying, that would suggest it was for them and also that they were upset about something.

And yeah, you’re right! Why should a shopworker go up to two young children and offer them help? I mean what a crazy thought that a shop worker should actually do their job above and beyond and God forbid that a human should approach another two little humans to offer assistance!

It's certainly not their job to tell anyone they shouldn't be having sex, or tell them which contraception to use. They're sales assistants, not doctors, nurses, or social workers - as I said.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:19 pm

As I said, they looked about 12 or 13.
When I was that age I used a sock and a tissue, not a willing girlfriend. But it takes two to tango, and only 1 virile sperm.
Really down to their parents to council , advise and support them.

Last edited by Angry Andy on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Well according to Andy they were crying, that would suggest it was for them and also that they were upset about something.

It's certainly not their job to tell anyone they shouldn't be having sex, or tell them which contraception to use. They're sales assistants, not doctors, nurses, or social workers - as I said.

And that’s why most people are shit at their jobs because they never use initiative or remember that however small, their role within that organisation, is important.

Imagine what the world would be like if everyone did their job exceptionally well and actually cared about the service they offered. Don’t even answer me. Just imagine it globally and start to really observe people within their workplace.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Angry Andy wrote:As I said, they looked about 12 or 13.when I was that age I used a sock and a tissue, not a willing girlfriend.
Really doen to their parents to council , advise and support them.

Hahahaha and you’re supposed to be a LWer?? Really?
You sound so RW that it’s uncanny!

“Not my problem! Blame the parents! Hmmmmmph!”
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:21 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

And that’s why most people are shit at their jobs because they never use initiative or remember that however small, their role within that organisation, is important.  

Imagine what the world would be like if everyone did their job exceptionally well and actually cared about the service they offered.  Don’t even answer me. Just imagine it globally and start to really observe people within their workplace.

Oh come off it. Maybe if you and others actually did a day's work, you'd realise it's not that simple. Perhaps the staff aren't allowed to interfere or give advice on pregnancy issues. They're not qualified to do so. There's no age restriction on buying pregnancy kits - anyone can walk in and buy one without question.

Perhaps the kids wanted to know the result before they talked to their parents. You know nothing about their situation.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Who blamed the parents? He ( presumably) mounted her, and released inside her. I guess it was a willing coupling. They need the support of their parents.  What is rw about that philosophy?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:25 pm

I'm actually with Andy on this one - I never thought that would happen! Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Imagine what the world would be like if everyone did their job exceptionally well and actually cared about the service they offered.  Don’t even answer me. Just imagine it globally and start to really observe people within their workplace.

Oh come off it. Maybe if you and others actually did a day's work, you'd realise it's not that simple. Perhaps the staff aren't allowed to interfere or give advice on pregnancy issues. They're not qualified to do so. There's no age restriction on buying pregnancy kits - anyone can walk in and buy one without question.

Perhaps the kids wanted to know the result before they talked to their parents. You know nothing about their situation.

I don't know what rules and regulations Boots shop assistants have, but there is always a pharmacist on duty, so they could have been told of the situation and offered help to the youngsters.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:27 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't know what rules and regulations Boots shop assistants have, but there is always a pharmacist on duty, so they could have been told of the situation and offered help to the youngsters.

Maybe no one saw them! Sales assistants aren't generally standing around you know. I don't know if a pharmacist would be allowed to advice them either. I really can't bear this judgemental attitude towards shop assistants.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:28 pm

Fuck off you stupid cow. I do go to work.

Perhaps if you didn’t assume so much you’d actually make better points.

And just for you to suck on, I work as a lowly customer service person and I go above and beyond which is why within four months of working my bosses have noticed me - and their bosses too.

You have really irritated me with your stupid ignorant shite and thank fucking God not everyone is as negative about the human race as you.

Apart from that, aren’t you a Christian? What service do you guys actually offer to other humans if you can’t even see that I have a point in this instance?

What’s in a name eh? You say Christian I say dress-up and pretend.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Maybe no one saw them! Sales assistants aren't generally standing around you know.  I don't know if a pharmacist would be allowed to advice them either. I really can't bear this judgemental attitude towards shop assistants.

Not only shop assistants, members of the public are just as bad.
If you are prone to help people you help....if you are not you don't, that applies whether you are working in a shop or just going about your business.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Oooeck, who would have thought such a subject could get so heated so quickly. Sad sign of the times. 1177314732
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:32 pm

eddie wrote:Fuck off you stupid cow. I do go to work.

And just for you to suck on, I work as a lowly customer service person and I go above and beyond which is why within four months of working my bosses have noticed me - and their bosses too.

You have really irritated me with your stupid ignorant shite and thank fucking God not everyone is as negative about the human race as you.

Apart from that, aren’t you a Christian? What service do you guys actually offer to other humans if you can’t even see that I have a point in this instance?

Well you've really irritated me with your judgemental attitude that most people are shit at their jobs. It's to do with what sales assistants are qualified to advise on. If you want shop assistants to give advice on pregnancy testing, or act like social workers, you should lobby for an age restriction on the sale of pregnancy tests rather than prattle on about it on a forum.

Dragging my faith into it is really low by the way. It's nothing to do with religion.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:33 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Who blamed the parents? He ( presumably) mounted her, and released inside her. I guess it was a willing coupling. They need the support of their parents.  What is rw about that philosophy?

The fact you can’t see how blind you are tells me that it’s not Worth my time bothering.

Join in with the likes of rags who thinks that ignoring stuff whilst still bitching about it is a better way to live.

Leave it up to everyone else to sort stuff out and you just walk on by and tut and ignore it.
Great.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Maybe you should volunteer to go into schools and tell kids that having sex at 12 is not a good idea rather than passing the blame to shop assistants!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:34 pm

eddie wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:Who blamed the parents? He ( presumably) mounted her, and released inside her. I guess it was a willing coupling. They need the support of their parents.  What is rw about that philosophy?

The fact you can’t see how blind you are tells me that it’s not Worth my time bothering.

Join in with the likes of rags who thinks that ignoring stuff whilst still bitching about it is a better way to live.  

Leave it up to everyone else to sort stuff out and you just walk on by and tut and ignore it.
Great.

I can't believe you just said that. I didn't bitch about anything - you're the one being a complete bitch!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:35 pm

What if someone had interfered and they got embarrassed and just left and ignore the problem? Did you think of that?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Fuck off you stupid cow. I do go to work.

Well you've really irritated me with your judgemental attitude that most people are shit at their jobs. It's to do with what sales assistants are qualified to advise on. If you want shop assistants to give advice on pregnancy testing, or act like social workers, you should lobby for an age restriction on the sale of pregnancy tests rather than prattle on about it on a forum.

Dragging my faith into it is really low by the way. It's nothing to do with religion.

Most people just about do their jobs. Try observing the world instead of hiding behind your ignorance.

Your faith is something that should be an intrinsic part of who you are not a little badge you wear on a Sunday and it was fucking relevant to this topic if you really think about it.

Conclusion?
Apparently Christians also need to be told how to do their jobs properly.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:42 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Most people just about do their jobs. Try observing the world instead of hiding behind your ignorance.

Your faith is something that should be an intrinsic part of who you are not a little badge you wear on a Sunday and it was fucking relevant to this topic if you really think about it.

Conclusion?

I observe it well enough thank you. You haven't cornered the market in being an "observer" you know.

You're no better than the people who tried to drive Vod off this forum, or those who harangue SM for being a Muslim. At least I'm not sitting there all day dreaming about "spirituality" like you do - I actually get out and do something. Don't bother telling me about your "job" again.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:44 pm

This the real world, the world where two young people are allowed to buy a pregnancy testing kit without being approached by other people to tell them off for having sex.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:00 pm

Exactly my point, Raggs.
I nor Mrs AA wanted to interefere,  nor should the sales assistant be required for a counselling service. The deed was done, with potential consequences.  As I said, they need to pluck up courage and speak to mums and dads. There will anger at first then support.
Kids have been having sex and babies for thousands of years.
They are fortunate  there is now support where previously none existed.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Conclusion?

I observe it well enough thank you. You haven't cornered the market in being an "observer" you know.

You're no better than the people who tried to drive Vod off this forum, or those who harangue SM for being a Muslim. At least I'm not sitting there all day dreaming about "spirituality" like you do - I actually get out and do something. Don't bother telling me about your "job" again.

I defended Vod and I defended SM and I would defend your right to a religion - so I’m not too sure what point you’re making other than playing the victim because someone dared to bring up your religion.  Are you ashamed of it or do you own it? Because you go around this forum like your religion is an off-limits topic so I can only presume you either have serious doubts about it or you carry it like a dirty secret.

I hit a nerve though that’s for sure.

And I don’t daydream about spirituality, Rags, I practice it daily which is why I’ve been noticed so quickly for my people skills.  And you don’t need to “” the word either - I’m not ashamed of it and I try to adopt the many lessons, that’s what you do when you adopt a philosophy, right?  
I’m sure that Christians also practice a certain spirituality.

Last edited by eddie on Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:48 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Exactly my point, Raggs.
I nor Mrs AA wanted to interefere,  nor should the sales assistant be required for a counselling service. The deed was done, with potential consequences.  As I said, they need to pluck up courage and speak to mums and dads. There will anger at first then support.
Kids have been having sex and babies for thousands of years.
They are fortunate  there is now support where previously none existed.

Yeah, look how great these kids turned out cos no one “interfered”.!!!

Did you think about that before you wrote it? Sometimes people really would do better to see the bigger picture.

Oh well.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:54 pm

I agree with your points, except the last in that we have become so unattached.
Many daily selflessly help people, but its simple not newsworthy enough for you to read about.

The reality is less and less is it the case that teens are getting pregnant. Though the rise in sexually transmitted diseases is a problem. Education is the key and also help groups for such young people here.

Maybe no boots worker heard hear Eddie, maybe only Andy heard.
You also have the possible problem, that if some older like Andy approached them, they may get frieghtened and leave, because they have been over heard and scared, knowing they are under age.

Sometimes even trying to step in can cause and create more problems than you started with. Tact is required here, when you have two vunerable young people.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:56 pm

Yes didge. I get all of that.
My point is that people just don’t care enough to even try to help others mostly and that’s a huge flaw in human nature.

I would have spoken to them. I practice what I preach instead of oohing and ahhing and tut-tutting over it whilst sipping my coffee.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:58 pm

Who should intervene when kids start puberty and getting aroused with the opposite sex?
Surely parents first then PHSE teachers who should be guides and life mentors.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:This the real world, the world where two young people are allowed to buy a pregnancy testing kit without being approached by other people to tell them off for having sex.

No, that’s YOUR world. Not mine.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:59 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I defended Vod and I defended SM and I would defend your right to a religion - so I’m not too sure what point you’re making other than playing the victim because someone dared to bring up your religion.  Are you ashamed of it or do you own it? Because you go around this forum like your religion is an off-limits topic so I can only presume you either have serious doubts about it or you carry it like a dirty secret.

And I don’t daydream about spirituality, Rags, I practice it daily which is why I’ve been noticed so quickly for my people skills.  And you don’t need to “” the word either - I’m not ashamed of it and I try to adopt the many lessons, that’s what you do when you adopt a philosophy, right?  

Well then you're a hypocrite for defending Vod and SM because you're doing exactly the same to me as others did to them. I consider that an attack on me re faith in a thread which is nothing to do with Christianity is baiting, and it's using it as a stick to beat me with just because I have a different view to you on this subject.

Don't presume to tell me that I have doubts or that it's a dirty secret - I've said often enough what the issue is with people using others' religion to goad them. It's also against the rules.

You certainly aren't demonstrating any people skills in this thread - that's for sure.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:59 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:This the real world, the world where two young people are allowed to buy a pregnancy testing kit without being approached by other people to tell them off for having sex.

Well you're not really in the real world are you eddie?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:01 pm

eddie wrote:Yes didge. I get all of that.
My point is that people just don’t care enough to even try to help others mostly and that’s a huge flaw in human nature.

I would have spoken to them. I practice what I preach instead of oohing and ahhing and tut-tutting over it whilst sipping my coffee.

Just because others would not have spoken to them doesn't mean they're cold hearted. They may well help many people but just feel that in this particular situation it wasn't their place to say anything.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:08 pm

eddie wrote:Yes didge. I get all of that.

I disagree and think many help others all the time andc you simple do not see that.
Most that go into the care and medical industry for example, do so because they care.
Countless people give money to charity everyday.

Okay, so what if you simple sccared them off by talking to them?
They do not know you and may tell you where to go.
Of course you could argue that by doing so, might actually have one in one hundred times have results.

What though is needed is more help and places for young people to turn to for advice

I get where you are coming from, but it can badly backfire when people step in.
Its about weighing up each situation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:13 pm

I would say, that if you were there shopping and had a teen daughter or son with you, then I would ask them to approch them in order to help. Kids feel less threated by people their own age, than they do with people older approaching them. Kids at that age, have a tendency to see people older as authoritarian people.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Well you're not really in the real world are you eddie?

Who says?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:23 pm

Eddie and Rags, you are better than this.

Get back to the points, as emotions are running high.

Its good you are both passionate here, but the emotions are clouding the points you are both trying to make.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:25 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well then you're a hypocrite for defending Vod and SM because you're doing exactly the same to me as others did to them. I consider that an attack on me re faith in a thread which is nothing to do with Christianity is baiting, and it's using it as a stick to beat me with just because I have a different view to you on this subject.

Don't presume to tell me that I have doubts or that it's a dirty secret -  I've said often enough what the issue is with people using others' religion to goad them. It's also against the rules.

You certainly aren't demonstrating any people skills in this thread - that's for sure.

No I am not using it as a stick to beat you with but you’re using my words about religion as an excuse not to think about what I’m saying to you and to feign fake offence so that you don’t have to actually take on my points.

Doesn’t matter. You think I’m a dumb airhead who doesn’t live in the real world so I dont suppose you take me very seriously anyway. That’s your prerogative.

I can live with that. Not many get me at all.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:27 pm

Didge wrote:Eddie and Rags, you are better than this.

Its good you are both passionate here, but the emotions are clouding the points you are both trying to make.

I wouldn’t fall out with rags over a debate. I like her a lot and I also respect her too.
She’s just irritating me today and vice versa.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:28 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:Eddie and Rags, you are better than this.

I wouldn’t fall out with rags over a debate. I like her a lot and I also respect her too.
She’s just irritating me today and vice versa.  

I was conducting a social experiment by stepping in. To see the possible out comes, but meant what I said.

Thought it was relevant to the debate... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:33 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Don't presume to tell me that I have doubts or that it's a dirty secret -  I've said often enough what the issue is with people using others' religion to goad them. It's also against the rules.

No I am not using it as a stick to beat you with but you’re using my words about religion  as an excuse not to think about what I’m saying to you and to feign fake offence so that you don’t have to actually take on my points.  

Doesn’t matter.  You think I’m a dumb airhead who doesn’t live in the real world so I dont suppose you take me very seriously anyway. That’s your prerogative.

Why did you bring up religion in the first place, and abuse me about it? You are definitely using it as a stick to beat me with. It's not fake offence - I've often said the same thing when others used religion against Vod as well.

I read your points and I don't agree with them. You can't bully people into agreeing with you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

No I am not using it as a stick to beat you with but you’re using my words about religion  as an excuse not to think about what I’m saying to you and to feign fake offence so that you don’t have to actually take on my points.  

Doesn’t matter.  You think I’m a dumb airhead who doesn’t live in the real world so I dont suppose you take me very seriously anyway. That’s your prerogative.

Why did you bring up religion in the first place, and abuse me about it? You are definitely using it as a stick to beat me with. It's not fake offence - I've often said the same thing when others used religion against Vod as well.

I read your points and I don't agree with them. You can't bully people into agreeing with you.

Okay, when someone uses their beliefs to deligitimise and discriminate against groups of people.
Are you saying its wrong to challenge, be critical or even ridicule that belief?
Is that attacking the person or their beliefs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next