NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republicans resort to creating fake websites for Democratic opponents

2 posters

Go down

Republicans resort to creating fake websites for Democratic opponents Empty Republicans resort to creating fake websites for Democratic opponents

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:18 pm

(CNN) – A warning this election season: If you are searching the Web for information on Democratic congressional candidates, read the fine print.

At least 15 websites that appear to be official campaign sites for Democratic candidates, are actually the handiwork of the National Republican Congressional Committee.

In an effort to improve their online efforts this election season, the NRCC’s digital team came up with what the group believes is a great idea: get out the Republican message through fake Democrat sites.

“The idea is people who are looking for information on the candidate, one of the places we all go now is online and so this is a way for folks to find out more about the candidates and information they may not find on the candidate’s own site,” said Daniel Scarpinato, the NRCC's press secretary.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/02/06/national-republican-congressional-campaign-using-fake-democrat-websites-to-lure-voters/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Republicans resort to creating fake websites for Democratic opponents Empty Re: Republicans resort to creating fake websites for Democratic opponents

Post by eddie Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:26 pm

Speaking of fake websites, I recently came across a website about and dedicated to, forum posters. I did a quick search and found a thread called:

“What to do if you make a thread and no one replies?”

I clicked on it.
No one had replied.

Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Republicans resort to creating fake websites for Democratic opponents Empty Re: Republicans resort to creating fake websites for Democratic opponents

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:28 pm

eddie wrote:Speaking of fake websites, I recently came across a website about and dedicated to, forum posters. I did a quick search and found a thread called:

“What to do if you make a thread and no one replies?”

I clicked on it.
No one had replied.

Shocked

Need to make sure you keep your tone civil here, edds, unless you want me to take you to the basement.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down