NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish)

+4
Vintage
nicko
Maddog
eddie
8 posters

Go down

The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish) Empty The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish)

Post by Guest Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:43 pm

The sexy hijabi is new to American popular culture.

Due to the rise of contemporary political Islam, and mass Muslim immigration into the West, the hijab is now a highly-charged cultural symbol.

For many American and western Muslim women, it is simply a matter of ethnic identity and faith. In that way, it is not so different than a Jew wearing a kippa or a Shield of David pendant on a silver chain.

Among hip and hypocritical, white, western-progressives, such as Linda Sarsour, the hijabrepresents freedom, because it represents resistance to the wrong kind of white people.

For Iranian feminists, on the other hand - those who are facing true totalitarianism and who are putting their lives on the line in the face of actual oppression - the hijab represents the very misery that western-feminists see as benign inclusivity.

Jewish people - given our history under centuries of Arab and Muslim oppression - sometimes think of the hijab as a symbol of hatred toward us and the submission of women

But for Madison Avenue, it is just pure gold.

If you Google Image the word "hijab" - at least on my laptop, on this day - the first page is filled with pictures of beautiful women, such as the sexy American hijabi on the upper left of your screen.

{Now that is one hot hijabi mama.}

The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish) Nike-pro-hijab-tout
The Nike Hijabi
There is also the Nike Hijab... "a performance hijab for Muslim women athletes"... for when you want to go running in Central Park or the Golden Gate Park Panhandle.

The inspiration for the Nike Hijab came from US fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad who is the first Muslim American woman to wear the traditional patriarchal head-covering during Olympic tournament play and who earned a bronze medal for Team USA.

She is also the inspiration for the Hijabi Barbiedoll as Christine Hauser informs us in the New York Times.

This is interesting from a human rights standpoint because the hijab, whatever else it may be, is a symbol of oppression to millions of women around the world.

The reason that women throughout Iran are waving their hijabs before western cameras is in the hope that European and American and Australian feminists will stand up with them against a sexist, theocratic regime.

The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish) Iran_1-18
Iranian women remove their hijabs in defiance
But the western-left simply does not see it that way because western-feminists do not care about non-western patriarchy.

What they seem to care about are "pussy hats" and safe spaces and trigger warnings and gender-neutral pronouns.

So, no such luck, Iranian women.

Western women, particularly western feminists, do not stand with you.

That is, western-feminism is no longer about feminism at all, nor about universal human rights.

In the 1990s, the feminist-left stood up against the Taliban in Afghanistan, but those days are long gone.

During the Women's March, from last year, directly after the election of Donald Trump, American women donned the hijab as a symbol of solidarity with their Muslim sisters throughout the world.

Perhaps the foremost symbol of that march is an image of a young woman, possibly based on Linda Sarsour, in a hijab comprised of stars and stripes.

The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish) Women%2527s%2Bmarch
Women's March Poster (2017)
The basic, most sincere idea behind those who waved that USA hijabi symbol is that all Americans are Americans.

The hijab can easily be thought of us representing the American ideal of inclusivity.

The United States is a nation of nations.

And the most forward-thinking of us - the most progressive of us - want greater inclusivity because, unless we are indigenous to the Americas, all of our ancestors came from elsewhere.

This is Basic USA Thinking 101.

But what does it mean when, in the name of inclusivity and diversity, western-feminists embrace a symbol like the hijab which Iranian women are ridding themselves of as an act of defiance against an oppressive and patriarchal system?

How is it that the western-left - which tells the world that it stands for social justice and universal human rights - embraces a symbol that represents the opposite of those ideals?

In the United States many women who don the hijab, Muslim and non-Muslim alike, usually do so as a matter of choice. For many devout Muslim American women, the hijab is not so much about submitting to a decrepit theocratic-patriarchal system as it is about human modesty and respect for the deity. Some Jewish women, after all, wear headdresses and for much the same reasons.

Nonetheless, the hijab has now become a fashionable symbol that stands at a cultural crossroad between the American ethos of ethnic inclusivity and the illiberal ethos of female oppression as generated by the Islamic faith.

Thus the sexy hijabi has many faces.

She is simultaneously an image of western openness to people from other cultures while also representing, and thereby promoting, the oppression of women within an Islamic context.

Furthermore, of course, for many people, the hijab represents a symbol not only of oppression of Muslim women but also of the oppression of Jews under thirteen centuries of Arab and Muslim imperial rule in the Middle East from the time of Muhammad until the demise of the Ottoman Empire during World War I.

The hijab as a symbol of oppression is concretized for Jewish people when hijabis screech "Alahu Akbar!" at Jewish people visiting the Temple Mount for the purpose of driving us away.

hijab as a contradictory and even malicious symbol in western cultural politics is perhaps no more on display than it is in the current Revlon kerfuffle.

Revlon, of course, is a well-known western corporation that sells makeup and other beauty and skin-care products.

The company recently offered the semi-hip American blogger Amani Al-Khatahtbeh their "Changemaker Award" - whatever that is, exactly - but the hijabi hipster refused the honor due to the fact that Revlon also employs Israeli actress Gal Gadot, of Wonder Woman fame, as a corporate spokesmodel.

Gal Gadot, of course, is a Jewish Israeli who served in the IDF, as do almost all Jewish Israeli kids, because their Arab neighbors force them to do so. Unlike western college students, if young Jewish Israelis wish to see their future children survive they must defend themselves and their families and their country in national service... and that goes for Wonder Woman as much as it goes for any other Jewish Israeli girl.

Unlike their soft and spoiled and obnoxious college-aged western critics, Jewish Israeli kids have to put their necks on the line in defense of their families and friends.

When I was growing up among the pugnacious, skateboarding, late twentieth-century East Coast American middle-class kids in our Keds and Adidas, we called antisemitism racism and the American left hated it.

Now it's called cool and they love it.

http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-many-faces-of-sexy-hijabi-michael.html

This is the sad reality of those Liberals who are ignorant

Its not about a choice to wear, its a command to wear based on fear and sadly many Muslim women are forced to wear. Those who suppor Muslim women who wear the hijab out of fear. Do nothing for womens rights. They just ensure the control of women by men through Islam

Back to top Go down

The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish) Empty Re: The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish)

Post by eddie Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm

I quite like the look of the Hijab, actually. I wouldn’t want to wear it everyday as I get bored of the same look and like to mix it up but I think it looks quite nice with some outfits.

Okay. That was a really girly post The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish) 1942856362
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish) Empty Re: The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish)

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:52 pm

eddie wrote:I quite like the look of the Hijab, actually. I wouldn’t want to wear it everyday as I get bored of the same look and like to mix it up but I think it looks quite nice with some outfits.

Okay. That was a really girly post The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish) 1942856362

It's kinda cool if you look at it like a hat or other accessory.

It's not so cool if you wear it because you fear the wrath of some dickhead dude.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:13 pm

The Hijab is a great help to Women who don't want to bother with their hair !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:07 pm

and there was me thinking the idea of the hijab etc was for modesty and not to look - er sexy and fetching!.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:18 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:I quite like the look of the Hijab, actually. I wouldn’t want to wear it everyday as I get bored of the same look and like to mix it up but I think it looks quite nice with some outfits.

It's kinda cool if you look at it like a hat or other accessory.  

It's not so cool if you wear it because you fear the wrath of some dickhead dude.  

+1

Exactly and why sadly women are being indoctrinated on this.

Its not a choice to wear, its a belief based around fear, in why many women wear and for many others they are forced to wear.

Its like I have always said.

The belief is this will detract men from sexually harrassing them, which is a myth.

It also shows and proves this religion is man made..

It would mean this deity created such a flaw in men, making this deity incompetent. That then because of this flaw, where they will sexually harrass and rape women. That stupidly women are to blame for this flaw and are commanded to cover up or face an enternity in hell. Even though covering up does nothing to deter rapists and men that sexually harras.

The flip side of this, is that this deity deliberately created men this way (pure evil) and that now lies to women. Commanding them to cover up, knowing that some men will still sexually harrass and rape them. Ensuring that they have no empowerment and are not liberated.

It has nothing to do with a choice over what to wear. Its a choice to be controlled by fear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:29 pm

I will add. To me, the Abrahamic religions, are the worst form of slavery.

Its a slavery born of the mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:33 pm

Vintage wrote:and there was me thinking the idea of the hijab etc was for modesty and not to look - er sexy and fetching!.

Yeah well it’s just me. If I have to wear a uniform I’ve always got to spice it up a bit.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:37 pm

eddie wrote:
Vintage wrote:and there was me thinking the idea of the hijab etc was for modesty and not to look - er sexy and fetching!.

Yeah well it’s just me.  If I have to wear a uniform I’ve always got to spice it up a bit.

The point is though, that uniform is being indoctrinated into women based around fear.

Now everyone is against slavery, but when it comes to religious slavery, sadly people defend that.

No Muslim girl should be brought up thinking she will face punishment for eternity, if she fails to cover up.

Seriously, where is the love in that?

Like i say, its pure evil and this extends to all the Abrahamic religions

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:58 pm

Didge I’m not really disagreeing with you in the main. I’m just being shallow and talking about fashion. Neutral
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:01 pm

eddie wrote:Didge I’m not really disagreeing with you in the main. I’m just being shallow and talking about fashion. Neutral

Fair enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:41 pm

I doubt thats always the case.
Some hijab wearers emphasise their eyes with heavy kohl liner and mascara....
they can look quite alluring.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:52 pm

Syl wrote:

It's supposed to be the case. The whole idea behind it is to make women less tempting to other men.

That's why it's become kind of silly. There is a woman that runs a local restaurant that I frequent, that wears skin tight jeans (yup, she has a nice rear end) with the hijab. The hijab is not doing what it's intended to do, with those britches on. Shocked
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:55 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

It's supposed to be the case. The whole idea behind it is to make women less tempting to other men.

That's why it's become kind of silly. There is a woman that runs a local restaurant that I frequent, that wears skin tight jeans (yup, she has a nice rear end) with the hijab. The hijab is not doing what it's intended to do, with those britches on. Shocked  

That made me really laugh  Cool

The posh way would be say nice firm buttocks and no hijab is going to cover that up.

Actuallt the point and what they are taught is around detering men harrassing them

Its bollocks of course

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:01 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Quite a crafty ploy to attract admiration really. The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish) 4214183177
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:37 am

nicko wrote:
The Hijab is a great help to Women who don't want to bother with their hair !

hi

Along with scarves, and wide brimmed hats...

The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish) 709505090
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:52 pm

Didge wrote:

The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish) Nike-pro-hijab-tout

The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish) Women%2527s%2Bmarch

There are also ''poppy hijabs' to remind us of the role so many different cultures played, helping out in the war effort.

The Many Faces of the Sexy Hijabi (Michael Lumish) Cl1466-poppy-hijab-scarf-style1-cutout

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:21 am

It's not the hijab that's sexy, it's the women. You can put the same covering on another woman and she won't look sexy at all.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:43 pm

Depends how shallow one is ....a woman can be cold as ice, but if she has big knockers some men will think she is the sexiest thing ever.Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:22 pm

Don't like big "knockers", an hand full is enough !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down