NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas judge comes up with creative punishment for game poacher

+2
Cass
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Texas judge comes up with creative punishment for game poacher Empty Texas judge comes up with creative punishment for game poacher

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:44 am

A Texas judge has devised a creative punishment for a man convicted of poaching.

John Walker Drinnon, 34, has to spend every weekend of the hunting season in jail for the next five years, a district court judge in Grayson County ruled.

Drinnon has been sentenced to five years of probation, but he must report to the Grayson County Jail each weekend of deer season starting Dec. 30 and for the whole five years of the probation. He also has to pay over $18,000 in a civil restitution penalty.

The Whitesboro Texan is also prohibited from purchasing a hunting license while on probation.

Drinnon’s story started about a year ago, when pictures emerged of Drinnon with a 19-point white-tailed buck in his lap. He was questioned by game wardens about how he came into possession of the animal. He said he shot it on public hunting land in Oklahoma.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/poacher-ordered-to-spend-all-hunting-season-weekends-in-jail_2395037.html

I love the idea of creative punishments Twisted Evil
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Texas judge comes up with creative punishment for game poacher Empty Re: Texas judge comes up with creative punishment for game poacher

Post by Cass Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:50 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
A Texas judge has devised a creative punishment for a man convicted of poaching.

John Walker Drinnon, 34, has to spend every weekend of the hunting season in jail for the next five years, a district court judge in Grayson County ruled.

Drinnon has been sentenced to five years of probation, but he must report to the Grayson County Jail each weekend of deer season starting Dec. 30 and for the whole five years of the probation. He also has to pay over $18,000 in a civil restitution penalty.

The Whitesboro Texan is also prohibited from purchasing a hunting license while on probation.

Drinnon’s story started about a year ago, when pictures emerged of Drinnon with a 19-point white-tailed buck in his lap. He was questioned by game wardens about how he came into possession of the animal. He said he shot it on public hunting land in Oklahoma.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/poacher-ordered-to-spend-all-hunting-season-weekends-in-jail_2395037.html

Bet he REALLY regrets not buying that license now.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Texas judge comes up with creative punishment for game poacher Empty Re: Texas judge comes up with creative punishment for game poacher

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 am

Cass wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

I'm pretty sure he had a license. He was hunting from the road, on land he wasn't allowed on, which is illegal.

I'm cool with the punishment, but the fine is a little steep for what he did. Making him spend every weekend of deer season in jail isn't bad, but I would prefer that he spend it working in a state park or in some other community service benefitting wildlife.

Part of his problem is he lied, and the Parks and Wildlife people will throw the book at you if they have to spend a lot of time and money proving their case.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:21 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

I'm pretty sure he had a license. He was hunting from the road, on land he wasn't allowed on, which is illegal.

I'm cool with the punishment, but the fine is a little steep for what he did. Making him spend every weekend of deer season in jail isn't bad, but I would prefer that he spend it working in a state park or in some other community service benefitting wildlife.

Part of his problem is he lied, and the Parks and Wildlife people will throw the book at you if they have to spend a lot of time and money proving their case.    

Ok. I read elsewhere that he didn’t have a license.

Still a dumbass. Karma.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:23 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Still a dumbass. Karma.

Yeah, if you post pics of a big buck like that, you better have a license. Technology is crazy now. Parks and Wildlife know about the big bucks running around on public land.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:09 am

Now, if we could only get the same judge on the Bundy case. Jail them suckers whenever their herds need to feed.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:12 am

Original Quill wrote:Now, if we could only get the same judge on the Bundy case.  Jail them suckers whenever their herds need to feed.

Unlike the feds, the Texas parks and wildlife department didn't withhold evidence.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:20 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Now, if we could only get the same judge on the Bundy case.  Jail them suckers whenever their herds need to feed.

Unlike the feds, the Texas parks and wildlife department didn't withhold evidence.  

I wouldn't know. Perhaps this judge saw that the evidence wasn't relevant, anyway. But it certainly was a just decision...put the Bundys in jail whenever their herds need grazing. Problem solved!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:54 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I wouldn't know.  Perhaps this judge saw that the evidence wasn't relevant, anyway.  But it certainly was a just decision...put the Bundys in jail whenever their herds need grazing.  Problem solved!

I would know. If the government withholds evidence the judge is to declare a mistrial. That's why we have these rules. To protect the citizens from an overzealous government, regardless of if a judge decides it's relevant.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:41 am

We once had creative punishments for the dastardly crime of poaching - either hanging or transportation to the colonies.

Just think, Wolfie and Veya may well be descended from game thieves!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:15 pm

They should also make him clean up deer shit and turn it into something wonderful.
Now that’s creative.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:24 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:We once had creative punishments for the dastardly crime of poaching - either hanging or transportation to the colonies.

Just think, Wolfie and Veya may well be descended from game thieves!

So could I. Remember, America was created by the smart criminals, the ones that didn't get caught. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:26 pm

eddie wrote:They should also make him clean up deer shit and turn it into something wonderful.
Now that’s creative.

Have you ever seen deer shit? It would take a lot of shit to turn it into anything. But there is plenty of work needed in state parks and wildlife areas.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:01 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

Still a dumbass. Karma.

Yeah, if you post pics of a big buck like that, you better have a license. Technology is crazy now. Parks and Wildlife know about the big bucks running around on public land.

Exactly. Kind of qualifies him as one of the dumbest criminals. I have a family who come in a lot, Dad works for G&F. They monitor social media now too according to him.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down