NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots?

+8
eddie
Original Quill
Maddog
magica
'Wolfie
Miffs2
Raggamuffin
Syl
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? - Page 2 Empty Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots?

Post by Syl Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am getting sick of good threads descending into pathetically childish name calling drivel that would make a 10 year old seem ridiculous.. I, and I suspect many others just give up reading them. 

It is  imo spoiling the debates and discussion for everyone else...and its happening more and more.

Where's Lord Foul when you need him??
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:54 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:Still waiting to see these videos Gelico

Anytime would be good

go look them up for yourself

So you are too scared to post them, knowing that I am right about your views on this.

No problem

Your reffusal to do so, is damning

Back to top Go down

Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:55 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

How is it uncivil to call out a racist as being racist?

well, if that's all you're capable of then that's all you will do

whatevs

So let me get this straight.

If someone is being racist, you are saying its wrong and uncivil to say they are being racist, correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:

well, if that's all you're capable of then that's all you will do

whatevs

If someone is being racist, you are saying its wrong and uncivil to say they are being racist, correct?

not necessarily wrong, just lazy, boring and you should be capable of doing better is all

but if you can't you can't

dont worry yourself over it

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Didge... it's not your job to define what is or isnt SIXHIRB... and you have no business trying to lay your sensitivities onto anyone else in the form of insults...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:01 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

not necessarily wrong, just lazy, boring and you should be capable of doing better is all

This is hilarious and also worrying

So if someone is a Republican, its wrong to call them a Republican?

If they are a Muslim and that is their beliefs, is wrong to call them a Muslim

If they are Nazi, you are saying its wrong to define them by their beliefs?

Frankly, that sort of gibberish is why Nazism, was allowed to rise and gain power

If someone is being racist and you say, we should not point this out, means you want to now defend people being racist. That we should not point out how and why they are being racist.

It seems its you trying to censur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:04 pm

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:

Frankly, that sort of gibberish is why Nazism, was allowed to rise and gain power

If someone is being racist and you say, we should not point this out, means you want to now defend people being racist. That we should not point out how and why they are being racist.

all i got was blah blah blah nazism

predictably standard guff from you didge

clearly you missed my point completely so i'm gonna leave you to it now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:05 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

all i got was blah blah blah nazism

predictably standard guff from you didge

clearly you missed my point completely so i'm gonna leave you to it now

1) Misdirection

2) More misdirection

3) No points answered

Try again

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:07 pm

RIGHT YOU LOT......ITS LIKE THIS......At present I Am VERY busy and preoccupied with a serious family matter,and cant spend thethe time on here.

What I will say however is this.....I WILL have a look round and see whats what from time to time and I will deal with any trouble makers summarily. THERE WILL BE NO ARGUMENT COMMENTS OR DISCUSSION . THOSE WHO ARE INSTIGATING TROUBLE WILL BE BANISHED TO THE DEPTHS WITHOUT ANY FURTHER WARNING AND FOR AN UNSPECIFIED LIMIT OF TIME. I DO NOT HAVE EITHER THE TIME OR PATIENCE FOR THE USUAL IDIOTIC AND JUVENILE CRAP WE SEE BREAKING OUT FROM TIME TO TIME ON. HERE.

There WILL BE NO further warning .
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Lord Foul wrote:RIGHT YOU LOT......ITS LIKE THIS......At present I Am VERY busy and preoccupied with a serious family matter,and cant spend thethe time on here.

What I will say however is this.....I WILL have a look round and see whats what from time to time and I will deal with any trouble makers summarily. THERE WILL BE NO ARGUMENT COMMENTS OR DISCUSSION . THOSE WHO ARE INSTIGATING TROUBLE WILL BE BANISHED TO THE DEPTHS WITHOUT ANY FURTHER WARNING AND FOR AN UNSPECIFIED LIMIT OF TIME.  I DO NOT HAVE EITHER THE TIME OR PATIENCE FOR THE USUAL IDIOTIC AND JUVENILE CRAP WE SEE BREAKING OUT FROM TIME TO TIME ON. HERE.

ooooooh get you with all the capital letters. The 'I do not' looked so awesome and scary i just had to colour it in

Lord Big Balls in the house

stand by your beds!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:IMO, it's the mindless insults and the "know all" attitude of some posters which wreck threads.

It's all the dick waving and verbal testosterone fuelled 'oneupmanship' that ruins most threads as well.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:01 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:Tribalism.  

There aren't enough independent free-thinkers on here that aren't afraid to actually say what they mean and fucking own it.  

I think most of us do say what we mean on here.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Hope everything turns out ok Vic.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Point in case.

This is why threads get hijacked, I would say wolfie is the worst culprit for thread derailment

Actually, when I saw this thread I immediately thought of you, Russ.  You engage in a lot of malice and nonsense.

That's hardly true now is it??

Threads veer off topic naturally, maybe because the topic is boring or maybe because it evolves, you call it malice but it's actually razor edged wit and cunning.

Cuts you so clean you hardly seem to notice the pain.

No Quill, I engage in sensible debate when there is debate to be had, but as Maddog so expertly hit the nail on the head with his tribalism comment, that is indeed what happens.

Everyone is entrenched, there is no compromise or leeway, no room for manoeuvre, only sustained attrition warfare with neither side willing to parlay.

You for instance cannot even admit that crooked is indeed dodgy, to you, her destruction of evidence after being subpoenaed is a minor irrelevance.

Her handling of benghazi and the deaths of those Americans mean nothing to you.

This is why there is no debate, you cannot objectively discuss issues if you are unwilling to acknowledge that your side is just as bad as mine.

The isnt any point debating with you when you whitewash your sides dirty deeds.

All it does is make the other side do the same thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:30 pm

I've been to Dinard, that was a shithole

Hope you are ok Vic xx
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:33 pm

Maddog wrote:No Quill, I engage in sensible debate when there is debate to be had, but as Maddog so expertly hit the nail on the head with his tribalism comment, that is indeed what happens.

Call it what you will, it's still malice and nonsense.  You play games with words, deliberately misinterpret posters, joke and ridicule, and taunt all the time.

It doesn't bother me, so I ignore it.  If it's worthy of response, I will give it.  But notice, I probably ignore over 60% of your posts.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:43 pm

sb wrote:Her handling of benghazi and the deaths of those Americans mean nothing to you.

Lot's of Americans died. It was a war...one that the Bush administration lied to start. If they were that anxious to go to war, they shouldn't be cry-babies when their fingers get burned.

Truth be told, Benghazi was a CIA base, not a DOS facility. That's why Petraeus was involved in the cover-up. Clinton had naught to do with it.

The Republicans were taking tactical advantage of every one involved. She couldn't defend from the accusations without revealing that it was a CIA facility. Republicans knew that, so they were just having fun.

But, no matter, DOD exonerated her.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:No Quill, I engage in sensible debate when there is debate to be had, but as Maddog so expertly hit the nail on the head with his tribalism comment, that is indeed what happens.

Call it what you will, it's still malice and nonsense.  You play games with words, deliberately misinterpret posters, joke and ridicule, and taunt all the time.

It doesn't bother me, so I ignore it.  If it's worthy of response, I will give it.  But notice, I probably ignore over 60% of your posts.

To be fair, Maddog, does engage in lots of sensible debate

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:48 pm

sb wrote:The isnt any point debating with you when you whitewash your sides dirty deeds.

All it does is make the other side do the same thing

I just make sure I'm right going in. If that means I come out "whitewashed", well so be it. I''m busy arguing points, not worrying about appearances.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:53 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Number one, that was a quote from Russ, not Maddog.  Russ was quoting Maddog in passing, but my response was not to, or for, Maddog.  It was to Russ.

Number two, I agree with you.  Maddog argues well.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:03 pm

Lord Foul wrote:RIGHT YOU LOT......ITS LIKE THIS......At present I Am VERY busy and preoccupied with a serious family matter,and cant spend thethe time on here.

What I will say however is this.....I WILL have a look round and see whats what from time to time and I will deal with any trouble makers summarily. THERE WILL BE NO ARGUMENT COMMENTS OR DISCUSSION . THOSE WHO ARE INSTIGATING TROUBLE WILL BE BANISHED TO THE DEPTHS WITHOUT ANY FURTHER WARNING AND FOR AN UNSPECIFIED LIMIT OF TIME.  I DO NOT HAVE EITHER THE TIME OR PATIENCE FOR THE USUAL IDIOTIC AND JUVENILE CRAP WE SEE BREAKING OUT FROM TIME TO TIME ON. HERE.

Oooerrr...be carful what you wish for. Shocked

Seriously I hope your family matter gets sorted LF.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:06 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

He does I agree, and even though he and Quill clash a fair bit it doesnt descend into the smellyturdwhatever sort of pre school insults other people favour.snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:09 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

He does I agree, and even though he and Quill clash a fair bit it doesnt descend into the smellyturdwhatever sort of pre school insults other people favour.snobby  

But smelly is no better, he runs away from you and me in debate, because he cannot handle reason.

Laughing

Last edited by Didge on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:09 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:IMO, it's the mindless insults and the "know all" attitude of some posters which wreck threads.

It's all the dick waving and verbal testosterone fuelled 'oneupmanship' that ruins most threads as well.    

Twisted Evil
I think this is the only forum I have ever posted on where the males are bitchier and even more pathetic than the females. Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? - Page 2 1177314732

Obviously not all of them. Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? - Page 2 2089010162
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:11 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:Tribalism.  

There aren't enough independent free-thinkers on here that aren't afraid to actually say what they mean and fucking own it.  

I dont agree Eddie, its the free thinking that makes this a less cliquey forum than many.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:14 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

But smelly is no better, he runs away from you and me in debate, because he cannot handle reason.

Laughing

True....but if he is scared we should try to be a tad understanding of his fears. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:13 am

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Twisted Evil
I think this is the only forum I have ever posted on where the males are bitchier and even more pathetic than the females. Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? - Page 2 1177314732

Obviously not all of them. Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? - Page 2 2089010162

There really should be a dick waving emoticon. tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:56 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Twisted Evil

There really should be a dick waving emoticon.  tongue

Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? - Page 2 WEPrVzG
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:02 am

Original Quill wrote:

It doesn't bother you??

I can tell

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:10 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Maddog wrote:

There really should be a dick waving emoticon.  tongue

Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? - Page 2 WEPrVzG

lol!

After you look at the main event...look at the expression on the face. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:46 pm

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

You really didn't read her post properly. She's did not say it was wrong but that it was lazy.

And the word is fucking censOr for the love of lollipops.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:48 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

You really didn't read her post properly.  She's did not say it was wrong but that it was lazy.

And the word is fucking censOr for the love of lollipops.

Even more stupid

Again, people who make bigoted prejudice views will be exposed, through reason

How about you stop jumping in making a tit of yourself

Yesterday was bad enough when you claim many are not free thinkers and then backtracked

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Where was the backtrack?
I didn't see it and I haven't got time to reread all the thread.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:54 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Name them then?

Or are you one of those people?

I need to name them? I don't think I do. That's a bit like stating the obvious and I'm not really one to state the obvious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:54 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Name them then?

I need to name them? I don't think I do. That's a bit like stating the obvious and I'm not really one to state the obvious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

Name them then?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:36 pm

I simply said I'm not naming people because I don't see the point. I will say something to the poster if and when it needs saying.

Here's a thought: just because people won't do as you say when you say it, don't assume that they're doing anything other than not jumping to your tune.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2