NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School splits kids playground into rich and poor zones.

+2
Andy
Syl
6 posters

Go down

School splits kids playground into rich and poor zones. Empty School splits kids playground into rich and poor zones.

Post by Syl Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:11 pm

I cant think of a better way to create division and make a child feel ostracised.

A school in the West Midlands has created a furore after reportedly separating children in the playground based on whose parents paid a donation for new sports equipment.
Wednesbury Oak Academy has sparked outrage over what many have referred to as "rich and poor zones".
The school has created segments in the playground, stopping pupils from playing with sports equipment if they hadn't paid for it.
A 'no pay, no play' scheme was launched by the school last week, but has already attracted a wave of criticism from angry parents.
A petition has now been set up by mums and dads outraged at what they deem to be "social and financial discrimination.

When the scheme launched children who hadn't paid were separated from those who had, to the dismay of outraged parents.
Headteacher Maria Bull has defended the move.
She said she was 'on the verge' of calling the police after claiming she had received multiple threats from disgruntled parents.
Speaking to the Mirror, she said: "Parents have behaved in a highly threatening manner on Facebook, telling me 'I need a good slapping'. This is not the way to behave.
"We have systems in place where parents can come and address their concerns."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/school-splits-kids-playground-rich-14136433
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

School splits kids playground into rich and poor zones. Empty Re: School splits kids playground into rich and poor zones.

Post by Andy Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:48 pm

She needs a good slapping.

Posh, rich bitch.

I wonder which political party she supports.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

School splits kids playground into rich and poor zones. Empty Re: School splits kids playground into rich and poor zones.

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 pm

What a Face

A snotty private faux "academy" rich bastards skool...

So why don't the parents organise themselves to have their headmistress sacked..

Or does she control the school council ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Andy, got to be the Tories eh Smile
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:06 pm

The scheme has been scrapped after the bad publicity and reports that 3 of the  schools parent governers resigned in disgust.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/school-scraps-playground-segregation-scheme_uk_5a573f7ce4b08a1f624ba00f
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:15 pm

I can't believe that anyone these days would think something like this is a good idea, should this woman really be a headteacher? Talk about Dickensian. Why not have a fund raising then everyone could have contributed the best they could depending on their circumstances, I'm sure many of the 'poor' side of the school would have loved the chance to participate, probabaly a considerable amount as well.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Vintage wrote:I can't believe that anyone these days would think something like this is a good idea, should this woman really be a headteacher? Talk about Dickensian. Why not have a fund raising then everyone could have contributed the best they could depending on their circumstances, I'm sure many of the 'poor' side of the school would have loved the chance to participate, probabaly a considerable amount as well.  

This comes days after Altrincham girls school announced that their pupils would no longer be addressed as 'girls'...student or pupil must now be the correct terminology.
The world has gone mad. Rolling Eyes

This stupid head and the way she segregated the kids at playtime reminded me of schools back in the 50's and 60's where kids who couldn't pay for school dinners had to line up in a separate queue to the kids who had their dinner money.

Its cruel and so wrong. The fund raising you suggested was the way to go about raising money for equipment if they were strapped for cash.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:57 pm

I simply cannot believe how utterly disgusting that is.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm

I can....nothing surprises me anymore.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down