NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of the liberals

2 posters

Go down

Welcome to the world of the liberals  Empty Welcome to the world of the liberals

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:34 pm

CAMPUS CRAZIESIowa Professors Posit that Polite Conversation Is How White People Assert Control

University of Northern Iowa professors’ paper claims white “hegemony” makes civil conversation a racist tool of oppression, justifying the constant leftist violence that ensures no dialogue can exist.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

According to the academic article written by two communications professors,“whiteness-informed civility,” supposedly “functions to assert control of space” and “create a good white identity.”

“Civility within higher education is a racialized, rather than universal, norm,” the C. Kyle Rudick and Kathryn B. Golsan wrote while citing “critical whiteness studies.”

Rudick and Goslan interviewed ten white college students and asked them racially based questions Campus Reform reports.

“What do you consider to be civil behavior?” and “How do you think your racial identity may affect your understandings of civility when talking with students of color?” were some of the questions asked by the two professors.

“First, participants stated that they tried to avoid talking about race or racism with students of color to minimize the chance that they would say something ‘wrong’ and be labeled a racist,” the professors write, as cited by Campus Reform. “Another way that participants described how they tried to be civil when interacting with students of color was to be overly nice or polite.”

According to the professors, students who attempt to be nice to minorities are only encouraging “white privilege” and “white racial power.”

Rudick and Goslan also targeted students who believe in equality.

“I feel like I treat everyone the same…To me, if you’re white or black…, then I’m going to treat you like you’re a human being. I guess I don’t see skin color whenever I see someone,” one student, told the professors, according to Campus Reform.

Rudick and Goslan claimed that this view of equality “functions to erase racial identity in the attempt to impose a race-evasive frame on race-talk.”

The professors called for other faculty members to intervene, stating “it is incumbent upon instructors to ensure that their classrooms are spaces that challenge, rather than perpetuate, WIC [whiteness-informed civility].”

“One way that instructors can challenge the strategies of WIC is by ensuring that White students and students of color engage in sustained, sensitive, and substantive conversations about race and racism,” Rudick and Goslan said before adding that professors should, “encourage White students to understand how using WIC to downplay issues of race or racism in higher education serves to elide their own social location and reinforce the hegemony of White institutional presence.”

They are communications professors, of course, or they’d know that asking ten students a question does not a study make.

https://www.dangerous.com/38832/university-iowa-professors-believe-equality-racism/

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the world of the liberals  Empty Re: Welcome to the world of the liberals

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:51 pm

scratch

Yet another alt.right, alt.news site that SmellyBum' has discovered on his trawling through those deep, dark recesses of the Trumplovers' punyverse...

Further demonstrating that Smelly' wouldn't even recognise a genuine "liberal" if he ever met one..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the world of the liberals  Empty Re: Welcome to the world of the liberals

Post by Lurker Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:51 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: scratch

Yet another alt.right, alt.news site that SmellyBum' has discovered on his trawling through those deep, dark recesses of the Trumplovers' punyverse...

Further demonstrating that Smelly' wouldn't even recognise a genuine "liberal" if he ever met one..

Yeah, smelly, gets his rocks off on fake news, daily.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down