NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eating less than 1,000 calories a day for up to five months can CURE Type 2 diabetes

5 posters

Go down

Eating less than 1,000 calories a day for up to five months can CURE Type 2 diabetes Empty Eating less than 1,000 calories a day for up to five months can CURE Type 2 diabetes

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:10 am

[*]Eating between 825 and 850 calories a day for three to five months put the disease into remission in almost half of patients in a new study

[*]After one year, participants had lost an average of 10 kilos (22 lbs)

[*]Experts say bariatric surgery is effective but expensive, risky and unnecessary

[*]Guidelines focus on addressing symptoms with drugs instead of 'the root cause'

[*]Big challenge is weight re-gain and if remission is achievable in the long-term 

[*]The team therefore plan to do a follow-up study in four years' time  

[*]Worldwide diabetes figures are expected to climb to 642 million by 2040

[*]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5147229/A-low-calorie-diet-reversed-diabetes-half-patients.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Eating less than 1,000 calories a day for up to five months can CURE Type 2 diabetes Empty Re: Eating less than 1,000 calories a day for up to five months can CURE Type 2 diabetes

Post by eddie Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:03 pm

We eat far more than we need to. It really does the body good to fast for a day here and there.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Eating less than 1,000 calories a day for up to five months can CURE Type 2 diabetes Empty Re: Eating less than 1,000 calories a day for up to five months can CURE Type 2 diabetes

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:01 pm

I dunno about the exact number of calories, but surely the issue is losing weight. This isn't new - some experts have been saying for years that losing weight can control or even cure Type 2 diabetes.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:07 pm

I have been type 2 for a few years now I didn't know but the symptoms were there i was losing loads of weight then putting it on and so on .

I felt really ill in March this year when my dad was seriously ill and was diagnosed the same day with blood test from meter reading 12.9 .

I started walking an hour each day and 3 months later my numbers had dropped to a normal level.

I follow a healthy diet and exercise lots - I lost a stone in weight and its stayed the same - I didn't think I was over weight but losing a stone has reversed type 2 .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 pm

Vod, It's totally fabulous that you managed your own illness without resorting to subscription meds. Good news if they can actually get most people to do this and it works for them.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:07 am

Yes, well done Vod. Nobody seems to know the exact cause of Type 2, but there are many theories, and losing weight seems to be a good way to reverse it or control it. It's not clear if exercise in itself helps or if it just contributes to the weight loss. It's also not clear if the kind of thing people eat is a cause.

Eddie, the trouble is that many people would rather take a pill than lose weight and/or do more exercise.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I have been type 2 for a few years now I didn't know but the symptoms were there i was losing loads of weight then putting it on and so on .

I felt really ill in March this year when my dad was seriously ill and was diagnosed the same day with blood test from meter reading 12.9 .

I started walking an hour each day and 3 months later my numbers had dropped to a normal level.

I follow a healthy diet and exercise lots - I lost a stone in weight and its stayed the same - I didn't think I was over weight but losing a stone has reversed type 2 .

Good on you.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:26 am

@ eddie raggs and sexy mama - thank you for your encouragement x

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:11 pm

I have been told I am "borderline" for Diabetes, I was told to do more exercise, most of the time i'm in a fucking Wheelchair, apart from waving my arms about what am expected to do?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:56 pm

nicko wrote:I have been told I am "borderline"   for Diabetes,   I was told to do more exercise,    most of the time i'm in a fucking Wheelchair,  apart from waving my arms about what am expected to do?

I think borderline is bull shit to be honest - don't worry about it .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Yes, well done Vod. Nobody seems to know the exact cause of Type 2, but there are many theories, and losing weight seems to be a good way to reverse it or control it. It's not clear if exercise in itself helps or if it just contributes to the weight loss. It's also not clear if the kind of thing people eat is a cause.

Eddie, the trouble is that many people would rather take a pill than lose weight and/or do more exercise.

That's because many people just blindly and lazily do exactly what their doctors tell them without even considering a lifestyle change.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:03 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Yes, well done Vod. Nobody seems to know the exact cause of Type 2, but there are many theories, and losing weight seems to be a good way to reverse it or control it. It's not clear if exercise in itself helps or if it just contributes to the weight loss. It's also not clear if the kind of thing people eat is a cause.

That's because many people just blindly and lazily do exactly what their doctors tell them without even considering a lifestyle change.

The doctor may well recommend that they change their lifestyle, but they just won't do it, so it's not the doctors' fault.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:36 pm

eddie wrote:

I have two friends who suffer from advanced emphysema.   And yes, you guessed, they STILL smoke.   I just don't get that.  And I'm an ex smoker!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:41 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:

I have two friends who suffer from advanced emphysema.   And yes, you guessed, they STILL smoke.   I just don't get that.  And I'm an ex smoker!

I guess they feel there's no point giving up now.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:45 pm

I was very surprised when my doctor phoned me with the result - he told me that with a change in diet and exercise diabetes will be cured and he told me look up a doctor who did just that on the internet - I forgot his name now .
I know that just hearing that word 'cure' gave me the motivation to get my life back in control .

One thing that did confuse was that my blood sugar went down to normal but my cholesterol has raised from 7 - 7.1 . I was offered statins but point blank refused them .

When i refused the statins there was no ' oh you must take them bla bla bla - he just said okay then no problem .

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:44 am

I refused to take Statins myself, tried them once for 3 months, every joint ached !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down