NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAX HASTINGS: As Churchill could have told you, Theresa, there IS no special relationship

5 posters

Go down

MAX HASTINGS: As Churchill could have told you, Theresa, there IS no special relationship   Empty MAX HASTINGS: As Churchill could have told you, Theresa, there IS no special relationship

Post by Guest Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:13 am

What a nightmare for any prime minister! The leader of our closest ally chooses not merely to blow a kiss to a British far-Right anti-Muslim group, but then to insult Theresa May for deploring his gesture, as she was bound to do.

It is impossible not to be dismayed by Fake President Trump’s behaviour, which is unworthy of the head of state of the world’s greatest democracy.

But we should ruefully acknowledge that he treats this country no worse than any other nation on the planet, friend or foe. His own cabinet experiences the same level of manners every day.

Few of us ever expected the conduct of a U.S. president to be branded as oafish, but so it is. This is unnerving for the world, but is worst for the vast majority of civilised, honourable Americans.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-5138333/Max-Hastings-no-special-relationship.html#ixzz505bNOLXu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

MAX HASTINGS: As Churchill could have told you, Theresa, there IS no special relationship   Empty Re: MAX HASTINGS: As Churchill could have told you, Theresa, there IS no special relationship

Post by nicko Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:27 pm

Special relationship my arse, the yanks don't give a fuck about us, as long we back them up in their foreign excursions. They helped us in ww2, but by fuck did we pay for it, we have not long finished paying their bill !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

MAX HASTINGS: As Churchill could have told you, Theresa, there IS no special relationship   Empty Re: MAX HASTINGS: As Churchill could have told you, Theresa, there IS no special relationship

Post by Andy Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:10 am

Still plenty of Brits, especially on here, still sucking Trump's cock.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:49 pm

The special relationship was just a massive PR stunt that worked.

Americans have had, since 1776, a moral superiority complex which has over the last few decades morphed into a Uber-nationalism. Nothing was ever given to other countries with altruistic motives.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Cass wrote:The special relationship was just a massive PR stunt that worked.

Americans have had, since 1776, a moral superiority complex which has over the last few decades morphed into a Uber-nationalism. Nothing was ever given to other countries with altruistic motives.

Yes it was, Cass. But as one of the very few (I suspect) here who had their home town bombed to rubble by the Luftwaffe and went to bed hungry because we were being starved into submission I am grateful for the USAAF and what they did alongside the RAF.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Cass wrote:The special relationship was just a massive PR stunt that worked.

Yes it was, Cass. But as one of the very few (I suspect) here who had their home town bombed to rubble by the Luftwaffe and went to bed hungry because we were being starved into submission I am grateful for the USAAF and what they did alongside the RAF.

I understand. I would be grateful too. Same for my step-father and a few of Mr. C’s relatives as well.

But, it’s the underlying machinations and threats that the general public didn’t see or understand that led to this false narrative becoming the public face and leads to unrealistic expectations as demonstrated by Nicko’s post above.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:29 pm

Cass wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I understand. I would be grateful too. Same for my step-father and a few of Mr. C’s relatives as well.

But, it’s the underlying machinations and threats that the general public didn’t see or understand that led to this false narrative becoming the public face and leads to unrealistic expectations as demonstrated by Nicko’s post above.

Very true...or as General De Gaulle would have said while keeping his doigts firmly crossed behind his pantalons, "d'accord."

I must say though, I had some very, very convivial evenings in the USAF officers' mess adjacent to my RAF base in the early 1960s........wherein I was introduced to the delights of Jim Beam and Southern Comfort!

It was quite easy to forgive them for their internationally political transgressions after that! I think!

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:37 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Cass wrote:

Very true...or as General De Gaulle would have said while keeping his doigts firmly crossed behind his pantalons, "d'accord."

I must say though, I had some very, very convivial evenings in the USAF officers' mess adjacent to my RAF base in the early 1960s........wherein I was introduced to the delights of Jim Beam and Southern Comfort!

It was quite easy to forgive them for their internationally political transgressions after that!  I think!

Lol. It’s changed since then. Their mess events are tame now. We still get invited even though Mr.C has been retired but still working for them, but we haven’t gone for the last 2 years as it’s been blah and the food not very good. Plus they don’t get or do the passing of the port. How uncouth lol!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:39 pm

We fight with our brothers here. It's no surprise that we squabble with our cousins from across the pond. We even fight with those moose fuckers up north from time to time. Shocked
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down