NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11-year-old boy bullied for liking ‘gay’ My Little Pony attempts suicide, may have brain damage

4 posters

Go down

11-year-old boy bullied for liking ‘gay’ My Little Pony attempts suicide, may have brain damage Empty 11-year-old boy bullied for liking ‘gay’ My Little Pony attempts suicide, may have brain damage

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:20 pm

11-year-old boy bullied for liking ‘gay’ My Little Pony attempts suicide, may have brain damage Michael-Moroles

An 11-year-old boy who attempted suicide after homophobic bullying is likely to have permanent brain damage, it has been reported.

Michael Morones was a fan of the television show ‘My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic’, but was bullied at school because it was perceived as ‘gay’.

Two weeks ago he attempted to hang himself in his room, and has been in critical condition fighting for his life since. The oxygen supply to his brain had been cut off for some time when his parents found him, and doctors say he could have permanent brain damage.

His mother, Tiffany Morones-Suttle, told WTVD that he had said: “Mum, I’m tired of people being mean to me, I’m tired of people calling me gay, I’m tired of people telling me I’m ugly, that I’m stupid.

She said: “I’ve heard a lot of people say you need to go after bullies and hold them responsible, but you know, I don’t think that’s what Mike would want. I would rather teach people how to do right than turn around than punish, because punishment doesn’t always work.”

Voice actor Andrea Libman, who plays Pinkie Pie, Michael’s favourite character on the show, got every member of the cast to record special messages for him after she was contacted by his step-father.

His stepfather, Chris Shannon Suttle, told Chicago Now: “He said to us that the other kids were telling him he was gay for loving Pinkie Pie and they were trying to make him feel ashamed for being gay.

“We said that we didn’t care if he was gay or straight; he was our son and we would love him.”

My Little Pony fans and supporters have so far donated over $43,000 (£26,400) to a fund that will pay for his care.

Michael was due to have a tracheostomy yesterday, which should allow him to breathe through his windpipe.

A study published last month found that 40% of young gay people in England had contemplated suicide.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/02/05/11-year-old-boy-bullied-for-liking-gay-my-little-pony-attempts-suicide-may-have-brain-damage/

Sad Sad Sad 

More should be done to stop homophobic bullying in schools.
I'm of the opinion that these problem, homophobic scum kids should be removed from school, to be put into borstal type schools, away from the decent kids.

Back to top Go down

11-year-old boy bullied for liking ‘gay’ My Little Pony attempts suicide, may have brain damage Empty Re: 11-year-old boy bullied for liking ‘gay’ My Little Pony attempts suicide, may have brain damage

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:12 pm

that is so sad, kids can be so awful to each other.

Back to top Go down

11-year-old boy bullied for liking ‘gay’ My Little Pony attempts suicide, may have brain damage Empty Re: 11-year-old boy bullied for liking ‘gay’ My Little Pony attempts suicide, may have brain damage

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:16 pm

heavenly father wrote:that is so sad, kids can be so awful to each other.

Agreed -- people like to paint this happy image of kids being so innocent and pure, but the truth is that we're all right little bastards in many ways as soon as we get around one another, and a lot of decent behavior -- maybe most of it -- is learned as you grow. (Basically the whole premise of South Park)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Agreed -- people like to paint this happy image of kids being so innocent and pure, but the truth is that we're all right little bastards in many ways as soon as we get around one another, and a lot of decent behavior -- maybe most of it -- is learned as you grow. (Basically the whole premise of South Park)

it is very true kids can be incredibly hateful..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:06 pm

There is something seriously wrong when 11 year olds are attempting suicide. What kind of world are we living in?  Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:04 pm

feelthelove wrote:There is something seriously wrong when 11 year olds are attempting suicide.  What kind of world are we living in?  Evil or Very Mad 

a very sick and a very sad world...

at eleven my biggest worry was who i was going to play footy with..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Problem is, kids just repeat what they hear, so if they are hearing from mum and dad
that gay is wrong they will believe it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:29 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Problem is, kids just repeat what they hear, so if they are hearing from mum and dad

I'm not so sure that the case, i think kids seem to attack any thing that is different or weaker, its amazing anyone survives childhood without mental scars these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:50 pm

heavenly father wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

I'm not so sure that the case, i think kids seem to attack any thing that is different or weaker, its amazing anyone survives childhood without mental scars these days.

Thats exactly the point. Where did these kids learn to treat this boys likes as 'gay' and therefore want to bully him.
I will tell you from moronic parents

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:53 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Thats exactly the point. Where did these kids learn to treat this boys likes as 'gay' and therefore want to bully him.

Unfortunately I have to agree, very sad bearing in mind this is 2014  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:29 pm

What a sad world we live in.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:32 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Exactly, it's the same with all prejudices born from ignorance- the buck stops with the parents.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:40 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:What a sad world we live in.

What a sad world indeed SM.

Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:45 pm

What the poster said is right, children will notice something different about someone - anything will do and will pick on that person and things escalate - which is why children should be supervised at all times, especially when in groups.Parents do have a role apart from proper supervision to repeatedly drum into their children not to pick on someone because they are different, mine did as did my friends parents well, some of them at least.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:50 pm

Vintage wrote:What the poster said is right, children will notice something different about someone - anything will do and will pick on that person and things escalate - which is why children should be supervised at all times, especially when in groups.Parents do have a role apart from proper supervision to repeatedly drum into their children not to pick on someone because they are different, mine did as did my friends parents well, some of them at least.

They sadly dont have parents who will teach them that different is good and we are all different in our own way.
They will be the kids brought up with homophobic language being the norm  No 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:30 pm

That is so sad, really heartbreaking...

Sadly some kids wether or not they are brought up well by parents do bully like this as it makes them feel better about themselves, helps them become even more popular with others by way of 'impressing ' them and tbh, I don't think many of these child bullies really fully understand what the consequences of their actions can be.

But your right Nems ...everyone has a responsibility to their kids as well as an example to set, so every parent should be telling kids right and wrong at an early age and not to treat others badly as they would feel awful if they were treated badly...kinda thing.

This is extremely sad though, all that because he likes the wee pony teddies and figures, ffs.

Really struck a chord with me that, it could have been one of my kids or anybody else's on here, how sad.

Poor wee boy and his family.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:06 pm

Quite right JD, children who have been brought up to respect other people, no matter how 'different' they are, be that mental health issues, colour, or simply liking 'my little pony' would not have treated the poor lad that way. Children latch on to what their parents say, so parents who express views like some on here and pass that on to their children are guilty of turning out offspring who would do this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:10 pm

Sassy wrote:Quite right JD, children who have been brought up to respect other people, no matter how 'different' they are, be that mental health issues, colour, or simply liking 'my little pony' would not have treated the poor lad that way.   Children latch on to what their parents say, so parents who express views like some on here and pass that on to their children are guilty of turning out offspring who would do this.

That's quite right Sassy,children do latch on to what their parents say.......and do.Which is why JDs kids will be taking drugs some day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:19 pm

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:Quite right JD, children who have been brought up to respect other people, no matter how 'different' they are, be that mental health issues, colour, or simply liking 'my little pony' would not have treated the poor lad that way.   Children latch on to what their parents say, so parents who express views like some on here and pass that on to their children are guilty of turning out offspring who would do this.

That's quite right Sassy,children do latch on to what their parents say.......and do.Which is why JDs kids will be taking drugs some day.

...Shady, try to have some decency for this thread man ffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:23 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Shady wrote:

...Shady, try  to have some decency for this thread man ffs.

JD...He's only here to cause trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:25 pm

That's certainly true very often Sassy, kids will usually become part of what they see as they grow up, but sometimes other kids still go badly astray no matter how well raised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:28 pm

Catman wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I've noticed for a wee while now Phil, just ashame he had to do it here, I see it as disrespectful and using it as a trading post for hate and bile when the thread is about the wee lad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:38 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Catman wrote:

I've noticed for a wee while now Phil, just ashame he had to do it here, I see it as disrespectful and using it as a trading post for hate and bile when the thread is about the wee lad.

Agreed JD.

Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:52 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Shady wrote:

Oh I'm very decent thankyou.I just can't stand your hypocrisy...That's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:53 pm

Catman wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

No you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:58 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Catman wrote:

Oh God now it's the wee lad routine.......Next you'll come out with the 'bairns'line.

JD if you only posted with some sincerity instead of your obvious & over the top pewkaholic muck,then you'd be okay.

But you're so false & so bloody sanctimoniously odious,it just invites criticism.

You've used drugs in front of your kids & had a good laugh about it......all according to you in previous posts.

So get off your high horse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:11 am

Shady is back in pirate land, he can't handle a decent conversation, the delusions are back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:14 am

Sassy wrote:Shady is back in pirate land, he can't handle a decent conversation, the delusions are back.

Shocked What a Face  ::rambo:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:00 am

Sassy wrote:Shady is back in pirate land, he can't handle a decent conversation, the delusions are back.

Posts on as many threads as he can to cause a reaction, then cries like a baby, when one would complain every now and then...Typical fascist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down