NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paralysed Manchester bomb victim says her firm 'forced her out for being blown up'

2 posters

Go down

Paralysed Manchester bomb victim says her firm 'forced her out for being blown up' Empty Paralysed Manchester bomb victim says her firm 'forced her out for being blown up'

Post by Guest Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:47 pm

Lying in hospital ­paralysed by a bomb blast and with shrapnel embedded in her pain-racked body was a traumatic enough experience for Julie Thomas. But the 34-year-old was dealt another cruel blow just two days after being blown up in May at the Manchester Arena when her bosses asked if she knew when she would be back at work.

And earlier this month, on the very day doctors told ­conveyancing executive Julie she may never walk again because of her injuries, ­Dickinson Parker Hill solicitors said her job was being made redundant – despite her being signed off sick until October. Julie, who is now confined to a wheelchair and still relives the horror of May’s Manchester attack that killed 22 and left up to 250 injured, said: “I was in tears.

Paralysed Manchester bomb victim says her firm 'forced her out for being blown up' PROD-JHP_MDM_290917THOMAS_17

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/job-forced-out-being-blown-11261788

Back to top Go down

Paralysed Manchester bomb victim says her firm 'forced her out for being blown up' Empty Re: Paralysed Manchester bomb victim says her firm 'forced her out for being blown up'

Post by Miffs2 Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:00 pm

Thanks Thorin

I asked him to put this up for me as I'm baffled as to how to from an iPad

This poor lady has been treated so badly.

Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Paralysed Manchester bomb victim says her firm 'forced her out for being blown up' Empty Re: Paralysed Manchester bomb victim says her firm 'forced her out for being blown up'

Post by Syl Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:05 pm

"­Dickinson Parker Hill solicitors said her job was being made redundant – despite her being signed off sick until October.

"She is bringing a ­constructive dismissal and discrimination case against the firm for “unreasonable bullying and harassment”.

I hope she is successful, .
I'm glad the firm of solicitors have been named, unfeeling bastards.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Syl wrote: "­Dickinson Parker Hill solicitors said her job was being made redundant – despite her being signed off sick until October.

"She is bringing a ­constructive dismissal and discrimination case against the firm for “unreasonable bullying and harassment”.

I hope so too.
So many people are still suffering. I was at the Etihad stadium on Thursday at a meeting with survivors and police and agencies. The victims have been overlooked they feel. Not by the police who have been and are being brilliant in what is still a live investigation, but in respect of services after the event. There are issues around the response on the night and Andy Burnham is setting up a public enquiry as lessons must be learned.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:26 pm

I was stunned when I read this.

I hope she wins her case

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:37 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Syl wrote: "­Dickinson Parker Hill solicitors said her job was being made redundant – despite her being signed off sick until October.

I hope so too.
So many people are still suffering. I was at the Etihad stadium on Thursday at a meeting with survivors and police and agencies. The victims have been overlooked they feel. Not by the police who have been and are being brilliant in what is still a live investigation, but in respect of services after the event. There are issues around the response on the night and Andy Burnham is setting up a public enquiry as lessons must be learned.

God willing an event like the Manchester bomb wont happen again, but if anything similar does happen, its no good outpouring sympathy for a few days then forgetting about the victims.
I know from experience (as do you) that the after effects for many people involved don't fade along with the newspaper headlines.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:48 pm

Syl wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

I hope so too.

God willing an event like the Manchester bomb wont happen again, but if anything similar does happen, its no good outpouring sympathy for a few days then forgetting about the victims.
I know from experience (as do you) that the after effects for many people involved don't fade along with the newspaper headlines.

It's true. One of the worst things to emerge is that psychological injuries are not being recognised or dealt with. People are suffering so badly. It's shameful.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down