NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

+4
Maddog
JulesV
'Wolfie
eddie
8 posters

Go down

Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study Empty Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by eddie Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:36 pm

Humans, just like all other animals, are biologically designed to want to procreate. We are designed to want to pass on our genetic material. Although only a few known animals are capable of deriving pleasure from sex, these include dolphins, primates, and humans, all animals are meant to procreate so that they can pass on their genetic material.

We do things to enhance our characteristics so that we can attract a potential mate
Whether it be through an aesthetic body, a fancy car or a big, luxurious estate, we all want to increase certain attributes that make us more desirable to the opposite (or same) sex.
However, a recent study has emerged illustrating the benefits of NOT having kids. The study goes on to show how having a child can negatively affect certain aspects of your life from money, to sleep all the way to your sex life.

Statistically, marriages have shown to suffer and ultimately lead to divorce, after the birth of a child.

According to Bustle, they showed that 70 percent of couples experience ‘slumps’ in their relationship within the first three years of their child’s birth. This can be because couples have differing opinions on how to raise their kids, a lack of sleep and also because of stress-related issues.

From an interview with Ellen Walker in Psychology Today, she said: ‘marital satisfaction rates actually plummet after the birth of the first child. So, if a couple has the idea that a baby will bring them closer, think again.

Moreover, having a child is also a huge burden financially. According to NBC News, having a child in America can cost as much as 13,000 dollars a year.

Stretch that out to 17 years, and parents have paid more than a quarter of a million dollars for their child! And this number does not even take into account the cost of post-secondary education. The study went on to show that if couples do have a child, their satisfaction rates only increase up to the same amount as those people who choose not to have kids.

http://www.providr.com/dont-have-a-child/2/?utm_source=Shared&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=providr

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study Empty Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by eddie Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:48 pm

What does Tommy say about this? Seeing as we are only supposed to have sex to make babies.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study Empty Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Guest Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:43 pm

eddie wrote:What does Tommy say about this? Seeing as we are only supposed to have sex to make babies.

Errrrrr this is awkward

Did you read the opening line to your post??

Or did you just blind fire it round the corner without checking it??

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:21 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:What does Tommy say about this? Seeing as we are only supposed to have sex to make babies.

Errrrrr this is awkward

Errrrrr no. Did you understand the context after the beginning?
The subtleties in life always pass you by. It's why you're stuck in the muck.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:25 am

Arrow

The planet is already grossly overpopulated with mankind...

Overpopulation has been a major environmental, economic and logistics problem for more than half a century..

Earth has more than double the humanity that is healthy for it -- "finite" natural resources means just that.

The less children that humankind produces now, the better off we will be..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:12 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Errrrrr this is awkward

Errrrrr no.  Did you understand the context after the beginning?

you didnt read your own post???

youre getting as bad as didge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:13 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:

Errrrrr no.  Did you understand the context after the beginning?

you didnt read your own post???

youre getting as bad as didge

Ah bless, someone is tired again constantly thinking of me   Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Worst decision???
Nope!
The best decision you can ever make is to have a child.
I was on a high for a whole week after my son was born. I don't think I stopped smiling.
A child is a priceless gift indeed, more priceless than words can ever express.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:41 pm

eddie wrote:Humans, just like all other animals, are biologically designed to want to procreate. We are designed to want to pass on our genetic material. Although only a few known animals are capable of deriving pleasure from sex, these include dolphins, primates, and humans, all animals are meant to procreate so that they can pass on their genetic material.

We do things to enhance our characteristics so that we can attract a potential mate
Whether it be through an aesthetic body, a fancy car or a big, luxurious estate, we all want to increase certain attributes that make us more desirable to the opposite (or same) sex.
However, a recent study has emerged illustrating the benefits of NOT having kids. The study goes on to show how having a child can negatively affect certain aspects of your life from money, to sleep all the way to your sex life.

Statistically, marriages have shown to suffer and ultimately lead to divorce, after the birth of a child.

According to Bustle, they showed that 70 percent of couples experience ‘slumps’ in their relationship within the first three years of their child’s birth. This can be because couples have differing opinions on how to raise their kids, a lack of sleep and also because of stress-related issues.

From an interview with Ellen Walker in Psychology Today, she said: ‘marital satisfaction rates actually plummet after the birth of the first child. So, if a couple has the idea that a baby will bring them closer, think again.

Moreover, having a child is also a huge burden financially. According to NBC News, having a child in America can cost as much as 13,000 dollars a year.

Stretch that out to 17 years, and parents have paid more than a quarter of a million dollars for their child! And this number does not even take into account the cost of post-secondary education. The study went on to show that if couples do have a child, their satisfaction rates only increase up to the same amount as those people who choose not to have kids.

http://www.providr.com/dont-have-a-child/2/?utm_source=Shared&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=providr

You can double those figures if they are daughters. clown
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:44 pm

One of the best things about having children is...if you are lucky, you eventually get grandchildren....all the pleasure again, and you can give em back when you have had the fun. cheers

Maybe some people find the relationship with their partner slumps after having a baby is because they cant be selfish and just concentrate on each other anymore.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:13 am

Syl wrote:One of the best things about having children is...if you are lucky, you eventually get grandchildren....all the pleasure again, and you can give em back when you have had the fun. cheers

Maybe some people find the relationship with their partner slumps after having a baby is because they cant be selfish and just concentrate on each other anymore.

I totally agree with you Syl. Being a parent is a blessing as far as I'm concerned and having Grandchildren are a fantastic bonus. What a wonderful gift it is to have them.

Yes some relationships suffer, but not all. I think it depends on the relationship to start with, because babies can bring you closer or pull you apart if you're not right to begin with.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:19 am

Grandchildren, love 'em when they visit, love 'em when they go .
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:17 am

You gotta feel pity for any woman who is on the receiving end of Tommys or SB's reproductive fluid.
Poor kid will have to endure a lifetime of cringing at having a racist bigot as a dad.

Last edited by Angry Andy on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:13 am

Ditto for yourself, or haven't you noticed?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:29 am

nicko wrote:Ditto for yourself, or haven't you noticed?
Woken up after boring yourself to sleep?
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:One of the best things about having children is...if you are lucky, you eventually get grandchildren....all the pleasure again, and you can give em back when you have had the fun. cheers

I totally agree with you Syl.   Being a parent is a blessing as far as I'm concerned and having Grandchildren are a fantastic bonus.  What a wonderful gift it is to have them.

Yes some relationships suffer, but not all. I think it depends on the relationship to start with, because  babies can bring you closer or pull you apart if you're not right to begin with.

Thing is Mags, when you have kids you have to grow up yourself....some people aren't ready for that, some people never are.
On the other hand, kids also keep you young, and its great to see things through a childs eyes again.

I was talking to a friend yesterday....she is in her 60's, fit as a fiddle, attractive and outgoing, and she has two GREAT grandchildren. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:02 pm

Pity me, I'V got 12!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:42 pm

nicko wrote:Pity me, I'V got 12!

You have 12 grandchildren or 12 great grandchildren?? Shocked
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:

I totally agree with you Syl.   Being a parent is a blessing as far as I'm concerned and having Grandchildren are a fantastic bonus.  What a wonderful gift it is to have them.

Yes some relationships suffer, but not all. I think it depends on the relationship to start with, because  babies can bring you closer or pull you apart if you're not right to begin with.

Thing is Mags, when you have kids you have to grow up yourself....some people aren't ready for that, some people never are.
On the other hand, kids also keep you young, and its great to see things through a childs eyes again.

I was talking to a friend yesterday....she is in her 60's, fit as a fiddle, attractive and outgoing, and she has two GREAT  grandchildren. Cool

That's true Syl, we grow up fast. It's not about us anymore its all about the baby.

Have to laugh and I'm sure we all said it, having a baby won't change my life, silliest thing to say, because of course they do, but we wouldn't have it any other way.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:49 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

I was talking to a friend yesterday....she is in her 60's, fit as a fiddle, attractive and outgoing, and she has two GREAT  grandchildren. Cool

That's true Syl, we grow up fast. It's not about us anymore its all about the baby.

Have to laugh and I'm sure we all said it, having a baby won't change my life, silliest thing to say, because of course they do, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

If kids don't change your life...you are doing something wrong. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:51 pm

SYL, 12 great Grandchildren, and another on the way !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 pm

nicko wrote:SYL,   12 great Grandchildren,   and another on the way !

Blimey Nicko, I bet Christmas is an expensive time for you. Laughing

I would love another grandchild....son isn't co-operating though. Basketball
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:34 pm

12 great grandkids Nicko, wow I bet you have to write all their birthdays on a calendar affraid
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:51 am

I leave all Christmas/ Birthday cards presents etc to the Wife !
--------Hangs head in shame.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:33 pm

nicko wrote:I leave all Christmas/ Birthday cards presents etc to the Wife !
--------Hangs head in shame.

I think most married men do that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:39 pm

nicko wrote:SYL,   12 great Grandchildren,   and another on the way !

Like my mum then - 12 grandchildren - 12 great grandchildren and another due this November .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:50 pm

i have one grandson who i absolutely adore - there is talk of my youngest and his partner starting a family -they're both at university she is studying to be a vet nurse and he a vet - five years for his two years for her. I told them to get on with it ha ha and this time could it be a girl Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down