NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staffie ate CRACK COCAINE and was eight times the human drug-drive limit when it mauled its owner to death in front of BBC crews filming an ASBO documentary, inquest hears

+2
Cass
HoratioTarr
6 posters

Go down

Staffie ate CRACK COCAINE and was eight times the human drug-drive limit when it mauled its owner to death in front of BBC crews filming an ASBO documentary, inquest hears Empty Staffie ate CRACK COCAINE and was eight times the human drug-drive limit when it mauled its owner to death in front of BBC crews filming an ASBO documentary, inquest hears

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:54 pm

A Staffordshire Bull Terrier mauled its owner to death after eating crack cocaine, an inquest heard.
Major was the equivalent of eight times the human drug drive limit when he latched onto Mario Perivoitos's face and neck moments after his owner took part in a BBC documentary.
Mario, 41, had been filming with a camera crew for the BBC programme Drugs Map Britain when he fell into an epileptic fit and attacked on his bed.
Nicholas Carmichael, an expert in veterinary toxicology, revealed that samples of cocaine and morphine had been discovered in Major's urine.

The exact reading and measurement of cocaine was not stated but Mr Carmichael said: 'We undertook two analysis of blood and we did not find any toxins but we also received a urine sample and identified a cocaine metabolite and also morphine.
'It is very likely that this dog had consumed drugs, probably eaten them.
'It is almost impossible to say whether that will make the dog attack but it does make them respond abnormally.
'They become very excited and agitated, it is highly more likely that this attack happened because this dog had taken cocaine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4873462/Staffie-CRACK-COCAINE-mauling-owner-death.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Staffie ate CRACK COCAINE and was eight times the human drug-drive limit when it mauled its owner to death in front of BBC crews filming an ASBO documentary, inquest hears Empty Re: Staffie ate CRACK COCAINE and was eight times the human drug-drive limit when it mauled its owner to death in front of BBC crews filming an ASBO documentary, inquest hears

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:55 pm

That poor bloody dog. I hate people who take drugs around kids and animals. They get all they deserve IMO.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Staffie ate CRACK COCAINE and was eight times the human drug-drive limit when it mauled its owner to death in front of BBC crews filming an ASBO documentary, inquest hears Empty Re: Staffie ate CRACK COCAINE and was eight times the human drug-drive limit when it mauled its owner to death in front of BBC crews filming an ASBO documentary, inquest hears

Post by Cass Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:37 pm

That poor dog. This makes me ill.

Mr. C had a staffie for 17 years, and I got to have her for almost 5. She was lovely. So gentle with senior junior as a baby and our 2 cats that we rescued. We lost her to a tumor but she also had doggie dementia. Still miss Lady.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Cass wrote:That poor dog. This makes me ill.

Mr. C had a staffie for 17 years, and I got to have her for almost 5. She was lovely. So gentle with senior junior as a baby and our 2 cats that we rescued. We lost her to a tumor but she also had doggie dementia. Still miss Lady.

It's a sad day when they go.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Interesting how blood test showed nothing in dogs system...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Staffies are lovely, gentle animals. Females in particular, are maternal and extra-loving.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:28 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Interesting how blood test showed nothing in dogs system...

not really...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:35 pm

Why...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Why...?

Because cocaine metabolites are detectable in urine longer than in blood.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:40 pm

'...The exact reading and measurement of cocaine was not stated but Mr Carmichael said: 'We undertook two analysis of blood and we did not find any toxins but we also received a urine sample and identified a cocaine metabolite and also morphine.'...'

If the dog had no traces in its blood... then it was not reacting to 'being out of its head' on any drug being in its system...

If the blood is clear of drugs... then the brain is not affected by drugs...

Therefore the dogs 'behaviour' was not as a result of intoxication of any drugs...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:48 pm

I had two staffies a beautiful brindle boy called Frasier and a gorgeous little apple head bitch called Tess.
Lovely dogs I muss them both.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:50 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:That poor bloody dog.   I hate people who take drugs around kids and animals.  They get all they deserve IMO.
Agreed
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:'...The exact reading and measurement of cocaine was not stated but Mr Carmichael said: 'We undertook two analysis of blood and we did not find any toxins but we also received a urine sample and identified a cocaine metabolite and also morphine.'...'

If the dog had no traces in its blood... then it was not reacting to 'being out of its head' on any drug being in its system...

If the blood is clear of drugs... then the brain is not affected by drugs...

Therefore the dogs 'behaviour' was not as a result of intoxication of any drugs...!

Cocaine is out of the blood within 6 hours.  It stays in the Urine for up to 72 hours.   So, it would depend when the autopsy of the dog took place  which in this case probably took longer than 6 hours.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 pm

True...

But... Is that the metabolic rate for humans...?

What about dogs...?

This twat owner was probably a regular crack/heroin smoker... so it is no surprise that his dog was found to have traces in system through ingesting these drugs by 'passive smoking'... and probably being going on for months/years, without dog attacking owner...

I believe the cause of attack would be result of other factors...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:43 am

Miffs2 wrote:

I had two  staffies a beautiful brindle boy called Frasier and a gorgeous little apple head bitch called Tess.
Lovely dogs I muss them both.

Xx

HT- yes it is. I still remember all my furry loves back to when I was a toddler. Miss them all still.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down