NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Van driver in his 60s is killed after a brick-sized concrete block 'thrown from a motorway bridge' hits his windscreen and he swerves into a tree

4 posters

Go down

Van driver in his 60s is killed after a brick-sized concrete block 'thrown from a motorway bridge' hits his windscreen and he swerves into a tree   Empty Van driver in his 60s is killed after a brick-sized concrete block 'thrown from a motorway bridge' hits his windscreen and he swerves into a tree

Post by Guest Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:36 pm

A man killed when his van veered off a motorway lost control of the vehicle after its windscreen was smashed by a slab of concrete the size of a housebrick, it emerged today. The victim in his 60s, lost control of his Vauxhall Corsa, struck the central reservation of the M11 a before veering of the carriageway and striking a tree. Police today said his death was suspicious as it is believed he crashed after the the concrete struck his windscreen, possibly having been thrown from a bridge.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4778020/Driver-killed-concrete-block-hits-van-M11.html#ixzz4pMZtdqNH 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Van driver in his 60s is killed after a brick-sized concrete block 'thrown from a motorway bridge' hits his windscreen and he swerves into a tree   Empty Re: Van driver in his 60s is killed after a brick-sized concrete block 'thrown from a motorway bridge' hits his windscreen and he swerves into a tree

Post by magica Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:15 pm

This is murder if someone deliberately did this. What I don't understand is why. It has never popped into my head to throw anything over a bridge.

Here the fences over the motorway have been replaced with very high board so no one can jump and nothing can be thrown.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Van driver in his 60s is killed after a brick-sized concrete block 'thrown from a motorway bridge' hits his windscreen and he swerves into a tree   Empty Re: Van driver in his 60s is killed after a brick-sized concrete block 'thrown from a motorway bridge' hits his windscreen and he swerves into a tree

Post by nicko Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Remember the Miners Strike, one of them dropped a "brick" from a bridge and killed a Taxi driver.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Idea

Often the culprits behind these attacks turn will out to be braindead morons in their early-to-mid teens...

Horrible little fringe-dwelling thugs with some imagined gripes against humanity, convincing themselves it might be fun to try and kill some total stranger(s).
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:05 pm

nicko wrote:Remember the Miners Strike, one of them dropped a "brick" from a bridge and killed a Taxi driver.

It came out years later it was an undercover cop not a miner.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:11 pm

Some wild kids seem to think it's fun throwing things at cars and running off,  and not just from bridges. They've done it whilst standing right next to my car at traffic lights.

On a motorway one day I suddenly caught sight of two kids on an overhead bridge and they didn't look as if they were up to any good, frankly.

My heart stopped as I drove underneath the bridge cos I knew that if they had dropped something it could come thru my windscreen and that would be curtains for me and my passengers. I despair!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down