NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hola

+2
Original Quill
Cass
6 posters

Go down

Hola Empty Hola

Post by Cass Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:35 am

So... what's up peeps? Everyone good, bad, indifferent?

Just dropping in to say hey and howdy.

No edds, I do not have cookies. Sorry been terribly busy, but ya knows that from the book of face.

Love n peace n croissants to all
Cass ❤️
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Hola Empty Re: Hola

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:45 am

Hi Cass.  Missing you.  I was just wondering about you only yesterday.

Where have you been?  How is Mr. Cass and Arizona.  I see your Senator from Scottsdale--the one who got captured--handed the Trumpster his biggest defeat of all.  Good on 'im.

My daughter called me from Tucson to tell me about the monsoons.  Nothing new here, haven't seen Ben in an age.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:10 am

Hey Quill
How are you? How sweet of you to miss me.

We're all great. Mr. C is fabulous- shot his best round of golf ever today, par 72. Apparently that's good. Don't ask me lol.
We got senior junior hitched last weekend so between that and work it's all go. Still recovering from the festivities. As well as a librarian, I'm a wedding planner. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!! When junior junior decides it's time, he is being forcibly eloped. Despite the tears and tantrums (mostly mine from people sending rsvps 6 days before), it was a fabulous day. It was outside and the monsoon held off, my boys looked dashing in their kilts we had made, my new daughter was a radiant bride and I'm not in jail for killing anyone. Bonus. (No edds there was no cake left over - sorry again).

Arizona, at least my part, is very wet this season. So yay! Yes, the senator finally acted like a decent human being and walked the walk thank goodness, but let us not forget the 2 marvelous ladies from Alaska and Maine. Don't know about you, but I've avoided television news for quite some time now.

38 days give or take till it's Go Pack Go
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:22 am

Yes, I can't believe it's August again. So the boy got hitched...Mr. Cass and tons of grandkids running around...I'm lovin' the thought of it.

We sure do miss you round here. Don't be a stranger. Usual stuff: didge and me goin' at it; Syl won't talk politics; Raggs giving us the benefit of her well-considered posts, and Wolf giving us the inside on climate change and ag-econ from down under.

Surprisingly, Ben's been gone long-time. But we've got Eds and cool-hand Vic to keep us in shape. The conservatives now outnumber the leftys, but Andy, veya and me 'n wolf, give 'em 'ell.

Again, great to see you. I really mean, I's missing you. Hope you're about more often. Lov ya...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:44 am

Grandchildren will NOT be appearing for a few years yet...bite yer tongue man!

So nothing has changed then? I don't believe forum life has changed since I joined Sky way back in 2007. Kind of comforting and sad at the same time.

Can't make any promises but I will try to drop in, if only to trash talk the seagulls and cowgirls. Political discourse is so vile nowadays that I try to avoid it. Still there's always new recipes to share. I finally got a Kitchen Aid mixer and have been baking loads of different breads. Tomorrow will be a first attempt at a strawberry cake.

Also we got a big trip coming up at the end of August. Going to a family wedding then hitting Gettysburg, Lancaster County, Philadelphia and then taking Mr. C to see where I grew up in Connecticut followed by 4 nights in the Big Apple. He has never been and it's been years since I was there so I'm making lists of things to do/see plus more importantly, places to EAT. Clams! Cheesesteaks! Pretzels! Decent Chinese and Italian and Jewish Delis! Plus I got tickets to the Yankees and they're playing Bawston - perfect. Massive amounts of overpriced beer and hotdogs will be consumed. Did you ever go to Delmonicos? I'm thinking that will be our fancy dinner. I've always wanted to go. Lobster Newberg mmmmm. I really want to go to Le Bernadine but that will be for another lifetime.

Thank you for your very sweet words.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:37 am

You could at least have sent me a video of you dancing on the tables in a drunk and disorderly manner.

Spoilsport.

Hola 3201073460
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:40 am

Hi Cass....this is a lovely chatty thread, love it. It sounds like you are having a great time/summer/life.....good for you. cheers

Quill....I will talk politics, but only if I have something valid to say...that's why I often don't. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:35 pm

eddie wrote:You could at least have sent me a video of you dancing on the tables in a drunk and disorderly manner.

Spoilsport.

Hola 3201073460

There is a video taken of me head banging in all me finery to some AC\DC floating about, but if you think that's ever going on the interwebz
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:41 pm

Syl wrote:Hi Cass....this is a lovely chatty thread, love it. It sounds like you are having a great time/summer/life.....good for you.  cheers

Quill....I will talk politics, but only if I have something valid to say...that's why I often don't. Razz

Hey Syl, how are you?

Yup it's all good here. I'm very lucky.

Have you had a holiday yet? I know you like boating/kayaking. A friend of mine kayaked and camped out at Gooseneck State Park, near Mexican Hat on the Utah/AZ border and had an amazing time. That might be a place for you to visit. Her pictures were jaw-dropping.

C x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:42 pm

Hello Cass, read any good books lately?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:52 pm

nicko wrote:Hello Cass, read any good books lately?

Hey Nicko

What with all the busyness lately, I've fallen back on some old books of my own to re-read. Mostly travel books or collections of letters/essays. Just so I didn't have to think too much.

But I did just order for the library and am looking forward to Hue:1968 by Mark Bowden. It's gotten excellent reviews. He wrote Black Hawk Down.

Killers of the Flower Moon - about the start of the FBI and the Osage Tribal Nation in Oklahoma is very good.

Best book of the year so far for me is Hillbilly Elegy by JD Vance

Hope you're well x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:59 pm

Thanks Cass, can't get out much now, so are buying books from Amazon and reading again those I bought years ago.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:06 pm

nicko wrote:Thanks Cass, can't get out much now, so are buying books from Amazon and reading again those I bought years ago.  

I know Hue might be a very uncomfortable read for you.

I always look at the New York Times and The Times bestsellers lists. There's a link to the them on the toolbar under Books in Amazon.

Talk to your local library and see if they offer a homebound service. When I was managing a branch in England, the local WRVS group helped out. The patrons (you) given them a list of specific books or authors or subjects and they would find them at the library for you and deliver them to your house. Might be worth pursuing for you. Also see if the local library has a free e-book collection, I use mine when traveling. Saves me a fortune.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:10 pm

Will do Cass.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:19 pm

Cass wrote:He has never been and it's been years since I was there so I'm making lists of things to do/see plus more importantly, places to EAT. Clams! Cheesesteaks! Pretzels! Decent Chinese and Italian and Jewish Delis!

For years I taught at City University, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, on the upper west side...two morning classes, and one evening.  So, lot's of time to play in Manhattan, in between.  

The Fulton Fish Market has moved to Hunt's Point...The Bronx.  But if they are still there, there are two restaurants around the old South Street Seaport I would recommend.  They are Sloppy Louis (upstairs) for lunch, and Sweets for dinner.  They used to be haunts for Wall Street, just around the corner, but I would sneak in and hide behind the coat-rack. Wink They are the best seafood in one of the greatest seaports in the world.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:14 pm

Hello Cass...the name's familiar, of course, but I don't think we have exchanged many greetings or comments in the past, have we? Clearly my loss.

I'm one of Quill's ubiquitous "conservatives", by the way... a particularly 'orrid lot, apparently, who have staged some sort of military coup here.

Personally, I wasn't aware of of my personal culpability, but if that's what he wants to believe so be it!

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:21 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:You could at least have sent me a video of you dancing on the tables in a drunk and disorderly manner.

Spoilsport.

Hola 3201073460

There is a video taken of me head banging in all me finery to some AC\DC floating about, but if you think that's ever going on the interwebz

I so do really really absolutely totally wanna see that. cheers
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:49 pm

Cass wrote:
Syl wrote:Hi Cass....this is a lovely chatty thread, love it. It sounds like you are having a great time/summer/life.....good for you.  cheers

Hey Syl, how are you?

Yup it's all good here. I'm very lucky.

Have you had a holiday yet? I know you like boating/kayaking. A friend of mine kayaked and camped out at Gooseneck State Park, near Mexican Hat on the Utah/AZ border and had an amazing time. That might be a place for you to visit. Her pictures were jaw-dropping.

C x

I'm well thanks Cass...still kayaking every chance we get when the weather is fine, and yes we went on holiday to Santorini (something else to cross off the bucket list) it was as beautiful as I imagined.

I bet your mate had a great time kayaking somewhere so lovely, though America is somewhere I have never visited.

ps....I would love to see the head banging video too. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:01 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:Hello Cass...the name's familiar, of course, but I don't think we have exchanged many greetings or comments in the past, have we? Clearly my loss.

I'm one of Quill's ubiquitous "conservatives", by the way... a particularly 'orrid lot, apparently, who have staged some sort of military coup here.

Personally, I wasn't aware of of my personal culpability, but if that's what he wants to believe so be it!

Hey Lord M
We most certainly have on another shall not be named forum, especially when your beloved wife passed away. I used to live near you (vegetable factory). We haven't chatted in a while and I've been AWOL for a while.

Nice to "see" you again xx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:03 pm

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

I love you but no. Not ever ever ever. No.

And no to Syl as well lol.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:06 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

Gonna catch you drunk one night and convince you to show me. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:14 pm

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

Gonna catch you drunk one night and convince you to show me. Cool

Yeah. No. I don't go "Live"
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: