NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wish You Weren't Here - The Trailer; Film Coming Summer 2017

Go down

Wish You Weren't Here - The Trailer; Film Coming Summer 2017  Empty Wish You Weren't Here - The Trailer; Film Coming Summer 2017

Post by Guest Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:45 am

A shocking, explosive and most compelling film by award winning filmmaker/No.1 NY Times bestselling author Ian Halperin. Is Pink Floyd leader Roger Waters an anti-Semite? Is he the de-facto leader of BDS? Find out in this jaw dropping documentary about contemporary antisemitism combined with Waters rise to the forefront of the BDS movement, and his controversial journey attempting to get all artists to boycott Israel. Halperin, the son of a Holocaust survivor, traveled the globe for two years to get to the bottom of this incredible story, meeting up with and filming hundreds of experts from all faiths, including Ronald Lauder, Pope Francis, Haras Rafiq, Palestinian and Israeli leaders, U.S., British and French government officials, The Chief Rabbi of Ukraine, Alan Dershowitz and Dr. Charles Small. A riveting film that is a must view for everyone!!

Waters himself is now the subject of a boycott campaign and a documentary film made by award-winning filmmaker and New York Times bestselling author Ian Halperin. Halperin’s work includes documentaries on Kurt Cobain, Michael Jackson and Lady Gaga. For the past two years, the investigative journalist has been making Wish You Weren’t Here, a documentary examining contemporary anti-Semitism and Waters’ efforts to make Israel a global pariah.

“During my research,” Halperin continued, “I came upon Roger Waters, and I couldn’t believe he was singling out Israel when there are so many truly egregious violators of human rights in the world. Why is he going after Israel? So, I began asking people what this guy has against Israel. To me, an attack on Israel is an attack against the Jewish people.”

Halperin met with psychologists who work with Holocaust survivors and their families. 
He described the effect of Waters’ floating pig bearing the Star of David as “unforgiveable” for survivors, comparing it to a scene in his film where a three-year-old Palestinian girl is “brainwashed” into believing Jews are pigs.

Back to top Go down