NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tory MP Deselected - Basically because she is a woman!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Tory MP Deselected - Basically because she is a woman!!!!! Empty Tory MP Deselected - Basically because she is a woman!!!!!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:04 pm

Tory MP Anne McIntosh Deselected By Party
Conservatives in her home constituency choose not to put the long-standing MP forward as their candidate for the next election.
8:50pm UK, Friday 31 January 2014

MP Anne McIntosh has been deselected by Conservative members in her Thirsk and Malton constituency, the party has confirmed.

The 59-year-old, who has held the post since 1997 and currently has a 11,281 majority, will not be the party's candidate at the next general election.

However, she immediately declared her intention to stand, possibly as an independent.

"I do not intend to be thrown aside by a small group," Miss McIntosh said. "It is for my constituents as a whole to dismiss me if they wish to do so."

The vote to oust Miss McIntosh follows an internal battle in the local party, where she is said to have fallen out with the executive - in particular its chairman, Peter Steveney.

An internal Conservative Party report found the constituency group to be "troubled by factions".

Miss McIntosh says she will continue to work for the Conservative cause.

"I'd like to thank all those who supported me throughout, from both Vale of York and Thirsk and Malton," she said.

"It is my intention to stand for the Thirsk, Malton and Filey constituency at the next general election.

"Meanwhile I remain committed to the Conservative Party locally and nationally and shall continue with my constituency and parliamentary duties with my customary passion.

"In the coming year I will support Conservative candidates in the European elections in Yorkshire and the Humber and Conservative local Government candidates in Thirsk, Malton and Filey in 2015."

Miss McIntosh has enjoyed a high profile in recent weeks as the chairman of the Commons Environment Committee dealing with the fall-out from the floods.

She has been supported this week by senior colleagues such as House of Commons Speaker Jon Bercow.

Labour claimed Miss McIntosh's deselection was proof the Conservatives had a "problem with women".

Opposition frontbencher Jon Ashworth said: "What on earth is the Conservative Party's problem with women?

"Already one in 10 of the Conservative women MPs elected in 2010 have announced that they are standing down at the next election. David Cameron has done nothing to stand up for one of his most senior women MPs.

"His silence speaks volumes at a time when many people are asking why the Conservative Party is so out of touch."

http://news.sky.com/story/1204435/tory-mp-anne-mcintosh-deselected-by-party

Utterly disgraceful that he hasn't given her any support.

Back to top Go down

Tory MP Deselected - Basically because she is a woman!!!!! Empty Re: Tory MP Deselected - Basically because she is a woman!!!!!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:08 pm

Are you sure you have the right headline? Shouldn't it read UKIP candidate deselected because of being a woman?

Back to top Go down

Tory MP Deselected - Basically because she is a woman!!!!! Empty Re: Tory MP Deselected - Basically because she is a woman!!!!!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:10 pm

Oh dear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:11 pm

Sassy wrote:Oh dear.

Whats the oh dear for sassy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:53 pm

Sassy she was deselected to punish Cameron. You like punishing people especially rich Tories whats your problem????

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:57 pm

Right, so it was Cameron's fault and he hasn't had the guts to stand up for her? What a gent! Plus, most of the covers on this have said it is a small group of woman hating old men lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:59 pm

Are you sure this is a Tory story?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:59 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:11 am

Sassy wrote:Tory MP Anne McIntosh Deselected By Party
Conservatives in her home constituency choose not to put the long-standing MP forward as their candidate for the next election.
8:50pm UK, Friday 31 January 2014

MP Anne McIntosh has been deselected by Conservative members in her Thirsk and Malton constituency, the party has confirmed.

The 59-year-old, who has held the post since 1997 and currently has a 11,281 majority, will not be the party's candidate at the next general election.

However, she immediately declared her intention to stand, possibly as an independent.

"I do not intend to be thrown aside by a small group," Miss McIntosh said. "It is for my constituents as a whole to dismiss me if they wish to do so."

The vote to oust Miss McIntosh follows an internal battle in the local party, where she is said to have fallen out with the executive - in particular its chairman, Peter Steveney.

An internal Conservative Party report found the constituency group to be "troubled by factions".

Miss McIntosh says she will continue to work for the Conservative cause.

"I'd like to thank all those who supported me throughout, from both Vale of York and Thirsk and Malton," she said.

"It is my intention to stand for the Thirsk, Malton and Filey constituency at the next general election.

"Meanwhile I remain committed to the Conservative Party locally and nationally and shall continue with my constituency and parliamentary duties with my customary passion.

"In the coming year I will support Conservative candidates in the European elections in Yorkshire and the Humber and Conservative local Government candidates in Thirsk, Malton and Filey in 2015."

Miss McIntosh has enjoyed a high profile in recent weeks as the chairman of the Commons Environment Committee dealing with the fall-out from the floods.

She has been supported this week by senior colleagues such as House of Commons Speaker Jon Bercow.

Labour claimed Miss McIntosh's deselection was proof the Conservatives had a "problem with women".

Opposition frontbencher Jon Ashworth said: "What on earth is the Conservative Party's problem with women?

"Already one in 10 of the Conservative women MPs elected in 2010 have announced that they are standing down at the next election. David Cameron has done nothing to stand up for one of his most senior women MPs.

"His silence speaks volumes at a time when many people are asking why the Conservative Party is so out of touch."

http://news.sky.com/story/1204435/tory-mp-anne-mcintosh-deselected-by-party

Utterly disgraceful that he hasn't given her any support.
I guess they're are more female panda's up t'north than female nasty party MPs!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Sassy wrote:Right, so it was Cameron's fault and he hasn't had the guts to stand up for her?   What a gent!   Plus, most of the covers on this have said it is a small group of woman hating old men lol

You are too dumb for words. Cameron has made too many enemies within the party standing up will achieve nothing they are undermining him.

The Liberals are facing wipe out of their female MPS read about that.

It has nothing to do with Mysogony on the part of the leaders it is about issues within the parties. I have to say despite you protesting I am a mysogonist I am not but if all women were like you then I would surely be one.

The Labour party has not got a good record with their attitudes to women either sassy but of course criticism of them is disallowed.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down