NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'My son was circumcised without my consent'

3 posters

Go down

'My son was circumcised without my consent' Empty 'My son was circumcised without my consent'

Post by Guest Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:11 am

A mother has described the distress of discovering her baby son had been circumcised without her consent.

The woman, from Nottingham, said she opened her son's nappy to find him covered in blood - and was so distraught she had to leave the room. She has battled for four years for authorities to take action. Three people have now been arrested, including a 61-year-old man - thought to be a doctor - on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent. "I opened the nappy and I ended up having to leave the room because I felt hysterical," said the mother, who did not want to be identified.

"It was just awful really, it wasn't very nice, there was all blood there and stuff."

The boy was circumcised in July 2013 when he was three months old, and apparently staying with his paternal grandparents, who are Muslim.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-40420511

Back to top Go down

'My son was circumcised without my consent' Empty Re: 'My son was circumcised without my consent'

Post by eddie Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:31 am

I don't understand how and why the boy was able to be circumcised without his mother's consent or presence?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

'My son was circumcised without my consent' Empty Re: 'My son was circumcised without my consent'

Post by magica Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:17 pm

I thought it was a Jewish tradition not Muslim. I know it can be done by doctors if there is a health problem.

I don't know how she didn't know either, he would be screaming.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:25 pm

magica wrote:I thought it was a Jewish tradition not Muslim. I know it can be done by doctors if there is a health problem.

How would she know when the child was in the company of the paternal grand parents. I guess they were looking after him for a night or something. 

I think its daft, how the law allows parents to mutilate babies, when that baby has to live with a decision, they never had a choice over. It would be like a parent having a tattoo of a child's head that said fuck off, as it might as well be. Circumcision, should only be through the choice of an adult child, when they reach the age of 16. No parent should force this decision onto their child. This is not something that can be grown back either. It should only occur with children, when it is a medical problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:52 pm

BBC wrote:There was an investigation but the force deemed it not to be a criminal matter, and the case was referred to the General Medical Council.

Very typical of police mentality: Leave it alone, it will go away.  Only when the press gets a hold of a story, do the police get nervous.

This sort of think is rampant in the US.  Europe, being smarter, has never adopted circumcision as routine, except in religious ceremonies.

Circumcision serves no purpose.  It is cosmetic, like a tattoo. Yet for certain hygienic misperceptions (it's a long story) it is thought to be good for preemptive--they call it prophylactic--surgery to be performed.  

Prophylactic surgery is a procedure performed, not because the illness is clinically present, but because it is anticipated to be a problem later in life.  In some very rare cases, prophylactic surgery is warranted.  For example, it happens that one in three women in America will have some form of breast cancer; over 10,000 women will die annually of breast cancer.  A damn good case can be made to cut off the breasts of 3-day old females, to avoid a life-threatening issue later in life.  I"m not in favor of it, but there is a case for it, as you can see.

As serious as it is, we do not routinely perform radical mastectomies (removal of breasts) on three-day old females.  It is seen as heinous.  Some women will do it on their own (eg: Angelina Jolie) if there is a family history.  Yet doctors will  circumcise three-day old boys routinely in America, for no more reason that they think it's hygienic.  Teach the kid to take a bath, fcs!

The problem is vicarious consent.  Allowing parents to make life-changing decisions for infants should be outlawed in medicine, unless the procedure is clinically justified on the spot, on the occasion it is done.  Even then, it should be the least onerous option.  Permanent removal of an organ--yes, the prepuce is an organ--should never be done unless there is legal evidence of the necessity.

It is an assault, and people today are being prosecuted.  Civil lawsuits are being filed every day by grown men who were circumcised as children.  It's a plague that will take generations to eradicate from society.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Thorin wrote:
magica wrote:I thought it was a Jewish tradition not Muslim. I know it can be done by doctors if there is a health problem.

How would she know when the child was in the company of the paternal grand parents. I guess they were looking after him for a night or something. 

I think its daft, how the law allows parents to mutilate babies, when that baby has to live with a decision, they never had a choice over. It would be like a parent having a tattoo of a child's head that said fuck off, as it might as well be. Circumcision, should only be through the choice of an adult child, when they reach the age of 16. No parent should force this decision onto their child. This is not something that can be grown back either. It should only occur with children, when it is a medical problem.

Ok didnt see that.

Then as Quill says its assault, and the mother didn't give her consent, so wrong on all sides here!
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:37 pm

magica wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Ok didnt see that.

Then as Quill says its assault, and the mother didn't give her consent, so wrong on all sides here!

100% agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down