NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police could soon be able to turn cars off remotely 'at the flick of a switch' under secret new EU plans

2 posters

Go down

Police could soon be able to turn cars off remotely 'at the flick of a switch' under secret new EU plans Empty Police could soon be able to turn cars off remotely 'at the flick of a switch' under secret new EU plans

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:33 pm

A secretive EU body has agreed to develop a device to be fitted to all cars allowing police to cut off any engine at will, it emerged today.

Leaked paperwork has revealed the 'remote stopping' technology could be activated by a switch in a control room, shutting off the fuel and cutting the ignition.
The device, which could be imposed within a decade, would also allow police to track a vehicle's movements as well as immobilise it.

According to The Daily Telegraph a group of senior EU officials, including several Home Office mandarins, have signed off the proposal at a secret meeting in Brussels.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548638/How-police-soon-able-turn-cars-remotely-flick-switch-secret-new-EU-plans.html

Back to top Go down

Police could soon be able to turn cars off remotely 'at the flick of a switch' under secret new EU plans Empty Re: Police could soon be able to turn cars off remotely 'at the flick of a switch' under secret new EU plans

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:05 pm

And you think your life is yours lol

Back to top Go down

Police could soon be able to turn cars off remotely 'at the flick of a switch' under secret new EU plans Empty Re: Police could soon be able to turn cars off remotely 'at the flick of a switch' under secret new EU plans

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:37 pm

Well thats what you get for supporting liberalism.......

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:43 pm

I can see a new scam coming from this idea.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:17 pm

Seems like a fairly good idea to me. All those lives that could be saved in cops chasing after speeding crooks and getaway cars. No road tax = zapped. No insurance = zapped. No MoT = zapped.

What's wrong with that? Surely every man jack Tory would support that.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:20 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Seems like a fairly good idea to me. All those lives that could be saved in cops chasing after speeding crooks and getaway cars. No road tax = zapped. No insurance = zapped. No MoT = zapped.

And if a car's doing 80mph and the law suddenly switch it off? I wouldn't like to be in the car behind it!  Anyway, it's the principle of the thing.  What next ffs?  We've already got banks refusing to let customers withdraw their OWN money without giving evidence of what they want it for!!  F*cking 1984 or what!

Well they'll never do it to me. I'll probably still be driving my 1989 Corolla with no electronics around for the next 20 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:26 pm

Tess. wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Seems like a fairly good idea to me. All those lives that could be saved in cops chasing after speeding crooks and getaway cars. No road tax = zapped. No insurance = zapped. No MoT = zapped.

And if a car's doing 80mph and the law suddenly switch it off? I wouldn't like to be in the car behind it!  Anyway, it's the principle of the thing.  What next ffs?  We've already got banks refusing to let customers withdraw their OWN money without giving evidence of what they want it for!!  F*cking 1984 or what!

Well they'll never do it to me.  I'll probably still be driving my 1989 Corolla with no electronics around for the next 20 years.

Hello Tess. It may be a problem if you were in the car behind it and if you were doing 80 mph as well but in any case I would think that the cops would flick the switch at a convenient point or when it was safe to do so.

It's got possibilities surely?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Tess. wrote:

Well they'll never do it to me.  I'll probably still be driving my 1989 Corolla with no electronics around for the next 20 years.

Hello Tess. It may be a problem if you were in the car behind it and if you were doing 80 mph as well but in any case I would think that the cops would flick the switch at a convenient point or when it was safe to do so.

It's got possibilities surely?
I admire your trusting faith in the police!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:44 pm

Nothing new though.... I've been able to turn women off remotely for ages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down