NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many benefit haters...

2 posters

Go down

Many benefit haters... Empty Many benefit haters...

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:26 pm

Have themselves claimed benefits in the past, but play off their claims as very temporary , saying they claimed for no more than a few weeks at most, and some of them most likely have been or are in receipt of WTC...

They might want to think about that when firing abuse at those unfortunate enough not to find work, and labelling people on benefits on general as dole scroungers.

It amazes me some can behave like that and not have a conscience...

A person with no conscience is not generally a very nice person IMO.

Back to top Go down

Many benefit haters... Empty Re: Many benefit haters...

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Joy Division wrote:Have themselves claimed benefits in the past, but play off their claims as very temporary , saying they claimed for no more than a few weeks at most, and some of them most likely have been or are in receipt of WTC...

They might want to think about that when firing abuse at those unfortunate enough not to find work, and labelling people on benefits on general as dole scroungers.

That's the RW for you JD.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:32 pm

Catman wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Have themselves claimed benefits in the past, but play off their claims as very temporary , saying they claimed for no more than a few weeks at most, and some of them most likely have been or are in receipt of WTC...

That's the RW for you JD.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

It is Phil and sadly they seem proud of the way they are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:04 pm

JD - that's what benefits are for - a safety net for when you are unemployed or too sick to work.

Nobody here would begrudge anybody in need.

If you are too sick, so be it.

The government, all MP's, every decent person in the UK believe that the benefits system needed an overhaul and a little bit of pressure needed to be applied to those who choose to take benefits instead of putting real effort in to finding work.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:11 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:JD - that's what benefits are for - a safety net for when you are unemployed or too sick to work.

Nobody here would begrudge anybody in need.

If you are too sick, so be it.

The government, all MP's, every decent person in the UK believe that the benefits system needed an overhaul and a little bit of pressure needed to be applied to those who choose to take benefits instead of putting real effort in to finding work.

Andy is sounding very sensible, he is right that is it's intended purpose.

While I disagree with the RW in the placing the blame on the shoulders of the unemployed I do agree that it is not meant to be permanent. I blame the system; those in power are more capable than the unemployed low skilled labourer of initialising changes to improve employment availability to allow people to find a job in the first place, and provide the training to allow those jobs.

There will always be some that rort the system but that is true of every system, look at politicians they are rorting far more in Dollar terms.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Where this whole issue becomes devious and crazy is when people pretend that welfare systems are supposed to be devoid of corruption, abuse and/or fraud when we have absolutely NO systems that are like that, whether we're talking about elections, the military or capitalism itself. And while it's fine to claim you want the safety net to be there for those who truly need it, far too often isolated stories of welfare fraud are used to shut down benefits to those who actually do need them.

Also tending to get lost in this debate is the undeniable fact that capitalism cannot provide enough jobs for everyone to have one, it cannot provide enough wages for everyone to escape poverty, and it is not a system set up to do either of those things. The point of a business is to make a few people rich, not to provide one more job than is necessary for that to happen, nor to pay any more in salary than is necessary for that to happen.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:35 pm

I do not think people hate benefit claimants as a whole, that is absurd to say, I think people get vexed at the thought of some who have and never have had any intention to work, that is what gets people annoyed more than anything and of course the media will play up to this and yes then do also have general poor stereotypes of benefit claimants as a group which is wrong.

But of those who seek to live a life, solely on benefits is wrong and we should never try to excuse the ones that do again off the bases of the genuine ones. These are people who have an ethos to do as little as possible for as much as possible and sadly bring bad a name to the many genuine people who need benefits

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:08 pm

I would like to add, for the benefit of our foreign friends, that the British benefits system had serious problems a few years ago - people would be placed on benefits and left there with no checks and no emphasis on getting them off, therefore condemning them to a life of no work.

The Conservative government came in with the promise to try and stop that.

They are trying their best and should be applauded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:59 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I would like to add, for the benefit of our foreign friends, that the British benefits system had serious problems a few years ago - people would be placed on benefits and left there with no checks and no emphasis on getting them off, therefore condemning them to a life of no work.

what andy carefully fails to mention ...is that it was a conservative govt that did this...to massage the unemployment figures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:02 pm

grumpy old git wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I would like to add, for the benefit of our foreign friends, that the British benefits system had serious problems a few years ago - people would be placed on benefits and left there with no checks and no emphasis on getting them off, therefore condemning them to a life of no work.

what andy carefully fails to mention ...is that it was a conservative govt that did this...to massage the unemployment figures.

The problem wasn't on the scale it was under Labour though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:51 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Would you like to open up to the forum JD and share your problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:07 pm

@grumoy & andy
pretty sure they both do it.
they both try that sort of stuff here, I think it is called 'politics' Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down