NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Your History: Arabs Of Palestine – Thoughts On Living With Jews (NY Times March 19, 1947)

Go down

Know Your History: Arabs Of Palestine – Thoughts On Living With Jews (NY Times March 19, 1947) Empty Know Your History: Arabs Of Palestine – Thoughts On Living With Jews (NY Times March 19, 1947)

Post by Guest Fri May 05, 2017 9:14 am

The March 19, 1947 edition of the New York Times contains a report by Clifton Daniel (who would later be the paper’s managing editor, and who was married to Margaret Truman, daughter of former US President Harry Truman). In it, Daniel interviews Arabs in then Palestine about the idea of living with Jews in the land. Needless to say, they are not happy about it.
But besides their opposition to admitting more Jews on humanitarian grounds, note:

• Yet another mention of how the Jews had legally bought Arab land – something that has come up in previous reports from the time, which I have posted on the blog

• Mention of Kfar Yasif, where Spanish Jews had lived after fleeing the Spanish Inquisition (1492), before being displaced by the Arabs around 200 years later

• Widespread interest in a “Greater Syria” plan, whereby the Arabs of Palestine, Syria and Jordan would form one state (because the Arabs in Palestine did not consider themselves as having a distinct identity as they claim to in more recent times)

Note: I cannot provide a link to the full article since it is only available to those who have purchased a NY Times subscription. But I have provided screenshots below. As usual, click on the screenshots to enlarge.

Know Your History: Arabs Of Palestine – Thoughts On Living With Jews (NY Times March 19, 1947) Nyt1-1-690x484

Know Your History: Arabs Of Palestine – Thoughts On Living With Jews (NY Times March 19, 1947) Nyt2-1-690x472

Know Your History: Arabs Of Palestine – Thoughts On Living With Jews (NY Times March 19, 1947) Nyt3-1-690x404
http://www.israellycool.com/2017/05/05/know-your-history-the-arabs-of-palestine-thoughts-on-living-with-jews-ny-times-march-19-1947/

Back to top Go down