NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Husband and wife discover they are biological twins after IVF clinic performs routine DNA test

+3
Syl
magica
eddie
7 posters

Go down

Husband and wife discover they are biological twins after IVF clinic performs routine DNA test  Empty Husband and wife discover they are biological twins after IVF clinic performs routine DNA test

Post by eddie Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:57 am

A married couple discovered they were biological twins after getting a routine DNA test at an IVF clinic because they were struggling to conceive naturally.

The couple, who met in college, had attended the clinic in Mississippi in the hope that it would be able to help them have their own child.

But instead the doctor was forced to tell the shocked pair that they were brother and sister.

"During the process we take a DNA sample from both the male and female to get a profile of their genetic backgrounds", the doctor, whose name has been withheld to protect the patients’ identities, told the Mississippi Herald.

“It's just a routine thing and we wouldn't normally check to see if there was a relationship between the two samples, but in this case the lab assistant involved was shocked by the similarity of each profile.”

The doctor said his initial reaction was that they might be first cousins, which he said “happens sometimes” but then he noticed the very close similarities.

He checked the patient file and saw they had the same birthdays listed in the same year – 1984.

He then realised the husband and wife must be biological twins but did not know if they were already aware.

“It was a difficult subject to raise,” he said. “They burst out laughing when I asked them if they were twins.

“The husband said a lot of people remarked on the fact they shared the same birthday and looked similar but they said it was just a funny coincident and they were definitely not related.

The doctor says he continued to insist that the pair were twins and had DNA evidence to back it up, after which the wife "pleaded" with him to admit he was joking.

"I wish that I was, but they had to know the truth," he said.

The couple had met in college and hit it off due to their similar backgrounds – they had both been adopted after their parents had died.

The pair’s biological parents had died in a car crash and, due to a filing error, neither of their adopted families were told they had a twin.

According to the doctor, the husband and wife are now considering their future together but are thought to be exempt from facing criminal charges for incest due to the unusual nature of their case.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/husband-and-wife-discover-they-are-biological-twins-after-ivf-clinic-performs-routine-dna-test-a3515666.html
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Husband and wife discover they are biological twins after IVF clinic performs routine DNA test  Empty Re: Husband and wife discover they are biological twins after IVF clinic performs routine DNA test

Post by magica Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:54 am

What a horrible situation to be in. Poor couple. They can't stay together, but a least they have brother and sister bond. I feel for them.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Husband and wife discover they are biological twins after IVF clinic performs routine DNA test  Empty Re: Husband and wife discover they are biological twins after IVF clinic performs routine DNA test

Post by eddie Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:43 pm

I guess they can stay together if they wish though I'm guessing that eventually, they will have too many issues to deal with.

It's terribly sad.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:58 pm

How sad, and what a shock it must be for them.
They love each other romantically....it will be very hard to switch that sexual love to sibling love, its an unusual situation and one that will be hard to come to terms with.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Shocked

There's nothing to stop people living together under the same roof...

However, you would imagine the marriage to be declared 'null and void,' simply on the basis of its inherent illegality ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:51 pm

magica wrote:What a horrible situation to be in. Poor couple. They can't stay together, but a least they have brother and sister bond. I feel for them.

What's amazing here is that they came together...almost as though like attracts like.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:56 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
magica wrote:What a horrible situation to be in. Poor couple. They can't stay together, but a least they have brother and sister bond. I feel for them.

What's amazing here is that they came together...almost as though like attracts like.

What's really sad too is that someone messed up somewhere years ago and these twins were seperated.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:28 pm

Would like to hear how they came to be separated.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:Would like to hear how they came to be separated.

Yeah that's one big fat gross error on someone's part.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:41 pm

It happened in Jackson, Mississippi. According to the Mississippi Herald, the parents died in an automobile crash. They had no close family willing to take them in, so they were taken into state care, and eventually put into foster homes. However neither foster home was informed that their child had a twin. The two met in college.

Mississippi has got to be the worse state when it comes to meeting responsibilities. I would be surprised if it happened in California or Massachusetts, but not Mississippi.

Anyway, here's the article: http://mississippiherald.com/jackson-husband-wife-shocked-dna-test-reveals-biological-twins/

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Thanks for the update Quill. I still think this was a situation and heartbreak that could've been avoided if it hadn't been for human stupidity.

Imagine finding out the love of your life is your biological twin and therefore you must say goodbye....I hope they make a film out of it and get rich, at least.
Or
Perhaps they will stay together?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:58 pm

eddie wrote:Thanks for the update Quill. I still think this was a situation and heartbreak that could've been avoided if it hadn't been for human stupidity.

Imagine finding out the love of your life is your biological twin and therefore you must say goodbye....I hope they make a film out of it and get rich, at least.
Or

Right.  I shouldn't say I told you so...but it happened in a southern state.  If we on the coasts weren't there to show southerners how to do it correctly, I swear they'd all be a banana republic right now.  Maintain records, idiots!

There's nothing to say the pair can't live together.  Maybe the state will insist they divorce, or can it?  Never heard of a compelled divorce.

There's incest laws, but that's before the fact.  If a couple does get married inadvertently, and later they find out they are siblings, can a state demand they divorce?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Thanks for the update Quill. I still think this was a situation and heartbreak that could've been avoided if it hadn't been for human stupidity.

Or

Right.  I shouldn't say I told you so...but it happened in a southern state.  If we on the coasts weren't there to show southerners how to do it correctly, I swear they'd all be a banana republic right now.  Maintain records, idiots!

There's nothing to say the pair can't live together.  Maybe the state will insist they divorce, or can it?  Never heard of a compelled divorce.

There's incest laws, but that's before the fact.  If a couple does get married inadvertently, and later they find out they are siblings, can a state demand they divorce?

Well I dont know the legalities but even if they were made to divorce they couldn't ever be prevented from maintaining a sexual relationship if they wanted to.

I wish them luck in whatever they decide. They're harming no one and have a price to pay due to someone's stupidity.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Could the state force an abortion?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:37 am

they could always adopt Husband and wife discover they are biological twins after IVF clinic performs routine DNA test  2190311264

It would make a good end to the movie
make it a dual story with the other being about a pair of twin that are going to be separated...
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:25 pm

Its possible their feelings for one another will change over time.
The brain is the most powerful sexual organ we have, what they now know could change the way they feel about each other sexually.....maybe. Husband and wife discover they are biological twins after IVF clinic performs routine DNA test  2190311264
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down