NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dying wife creates online dating profile for her husband.

+3
eddie
magica
Syl
7 posters

Go down

Dying wife creates online dating profile for her husband. Empty Dying wife creates online dating profile for her husband.

Post by Syl Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:25 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/family-relationships/woman-with-terminal-cancer-creates-heartbreaking-dating-profile-for-husband-%e2%80%98he-is-an-easy-man-to-fall-in-love-with%e2%80%99/ar-AAnM0gN?li=AA2FOLs&ocid=spartandhp#image=1

Its a pretty unselfish thing to do, she finds out she has terminal cancer so she advertises her husband so he can meet someone else after she has died.
Unselfish, but surely he will want to find a new partner if and when he is ready to do so.

I have never been on Tinder, Bumble or eHarmony, but I’m going to create a general profile for Jason right here, based on my experience of coexisting in the same house with him for, like, 9,490 days,” she writes.
She then lays out a list of attributes, including:

“He is 5-foot-10, 160 pounds, with salt-and-pepper hair and hazel eyes.”
“He is a sharp dresser. Our young adult sons, Justin and Miles, often borrow his clothes. Those who know him — or just happen to glance down at the gap between his dress slacks and dress shoes — know that he has a flair for fabulous socks.”
“If our home could speak, it would add that Jason is uncannily handy. On the subject of food — man, can he cook.”
“Jason loves listening to live music; it’s our favorite thing to do together. I should also add that our 19-year-old daughter, Paris, would rather go to a concert with him than anyone else.”
“If you’re looking for a dreamy, let’s-go-for-it travel companion, Jason is your man.”
“Did I mention that he is incredibly handsome? I’m going to miss looking at that face of his.”

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dying wife creates online dating profile for her husband. Empty Re: Dying wife creates online dating profile for her husband.

Post by magica Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:40 pm

Aww I'm not sure I could do that Syl.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dying wife creates online dating profile for her husband. Empty Re: Dying wife creates online dating profile for her husband.

Post by Syl Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:31 pm

magica wrote:Aww I'm not sure I could do that Syl.

Me neither, it sounds a bit too controlling to me.
I have always said if I die first and OH still has the energy and inclination to find someone else I would be happy for him, but I'll be damned if I would do all the hard work before I go. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:03 pm

I would absolutely try and find him someone. Perhaps not in that way but I'd definitely "prepare" his life without me in some way.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:06 pm

Would you Eddie? its a nice idea I suppose, but who you think would make a good partner for him may be the polar opposite of what he wants.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:55 pm

My hub wouldn't thank me for doing this for him, neither would I if the position was reversed. Tbh wouldn't want anyone else if he died first.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Syl wrote:Would you Eddie? its a nice idea I suppose, but who you think would make a good partner for him may be the polar opposite of what he wants.

I disagree. If you truly love your husband and had a good marriage, you'll know the kind of person that could please him. However, I'm not naive enough to think you can just pop out and find someone who just "fits" someone else. But I'd sure try and prepare him mentially and emotionally, for my departure. If you love someone you just want their happiness.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:22 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Would you Eddie? its a nice idea I suppose, but who you think would make a good partner for him may be the polar opposite of what he wants.

I disagree. If you truly love your husband and had a good marriage, you'll know the kind of person that could please him. However, I'm not naive enough to think you can just pop out and find someone who just "fits" someone else. But I'd sure try and prepare him mentially and emotionally, for my departure.  If you love someone you just want their happiness.

No I dont agree with you.
Everything could be right on paper, she may be a lovely person, everything your OH would need to make your passing smoother for him, kind, generous, sexy, funny ....but... he may just not WANT her.
Its all a bit too contrived for me, and it might cause  even more heartbreak  for him because he may feel guilty that your last kind act isn't what he wants.

I would HATE my OH to sort out someone for me if he was dying....God knows what sort of man he would choose.  Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Surely they can be happy without having to have another women Ed. If in the future they do, they will find their own.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:24 pm

magica wrote:My hub wouldn't thank me for doing this for him, neither would I if the position was reversed. Tbh wouldn't want anyone else if he died first.

If Andy Garcia came into view I might be tempted, I wouldn't go looking though.
OH says he would NEVER marry again if I wasn't here....I suppose I could take that two ways. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:27 pm

Hmmmm was thinking about my answers while I was making a coffee.  Perhaps I think I'm more unselfish than I am. I think I'd just want to spend my last days with him and enjoying them.  Plus, if you did find someone and he was all "So....when are you off then?" I'd possibly want to hit him with my shoe.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:27 pm

magica wrote:Surely they can be happy without having to have another women Ed. If in the future they do, they will find their own.

Age is important. Also, I know many women who have been widowed (or divorced) and are very happy to not get seriously involved with anyone again....even though they are still youngish and attractive.

Men are more dependant on women, sadly a few elderly men I have known have died soon after their wives have passed away....they just sort of faded away without their wives.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:28 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmmm was thinking about my answers while I was making a coffee.  Perhaps I think I'm more unselfish than I am. I think I'd just want to spend my last days with him and enjoying them.  Plus, if you did find someone and he was all "So....when are you off then?" I'd possibly want to hit him with my shoe.

lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Its odd the way forum males skirt threads like this...its as if they have no say in affairs of the heart. Dying wife creates online dating profile for her husband. 2190311264

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:49 pm

I'm sorry, but I think that's a bit ... I dunno what.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Weird, very weird.
She is trying to control him even after she dies
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:19 am

weird I think, Personally, I'd not like it.

I think it depends on the relationship they had earlier, but it could be controlling, it could be her trying to take her mind off her limited time left, it could be wanting to avoid him loneliness.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:37 am

Smile

Certainly weird behaviour...

If he had any decency, I reckon he would delete the account. Once she's dead..

"Normal" people should expect to have a reasonable grieving period after losing a loved one.  
Like, maybe two or three years for a spouse..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down