NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims

+6
eddie
JulesV
'Wolfie
Syl
Ben Reilly
Independent Thoughts
10 posters

Go down

Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims Empty Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims

Post by Independent Thoughts Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:34 am

I knew it!!!!

However, I think they were a bit off the mark -- Independents truly are the best looking. Wink

Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims 0ef6f81e27

Research has found that being attractive influences many things in a person's life -- their salary, their popularity and grades in school, even the prison sentences they receive. So why not their politics?

A recently published study in the Journal of Public Economics concludes that the attractiveness of a candidate does correlate with their politics. They find that politicians on the right are more good looking in Europe, the United States and Australia.

The study shows correlation, not causation, but the researchers float a simple economic explanation for why this might happen. Numerous studies have shown that good-looking people are likely to earn more, and that people who earn more are typically more opposed to redistributive policies, like the progressive taxes and welfare programs favored by the left.

The researchers also offer a more general psychological explanation for the trend: That good-looking people are often treated better than others, and thus see the world as a more just place. Past studies have found that the more attractive people believe themselves to be, the lower their preference for egalitarianism, a value typically associated with the political left.
The researchers also suggest that voters correctly see candidates who are more good looking as more likely to be conservative. When voters don't know much about candidates, they tend to use beauty as a cue for ideology.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/01/10/conservatives-really-are-better-looking-research-says/?utm_term=.1054d9bee410

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims Empty Re: Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:58 am

Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims Trump-obama-meet-2016-ap_16315657413316
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims Empty Re: Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims

Post by Syl Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:04 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims Trump-obama-meet-2016-ap_16315657413316

Hahahaha....no words needed. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:21 pm

Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims 154000651_donald-trump-gary-busey-zoom-eac4858d-ca94-4a2f-995f-f9d655dfbc4c

Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims Celebrities-Wearing-Tanya-Taylor-Hillary-Clinton-Tees
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:16 pm

Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims GILLIS-FIXED
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Smile

Shit, yeh...

Margaret Thatcher,  Nancy Reagan,  Katie Hopkins,  Pauline Hanson, Angela Merkel, Theresa May, Imelda Marcos, Gina Reinhart..

Such 'babes',  aren't  they !

Razz
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:34 am

Shallow thread!

It's far easier to look good when you are born into wealth. Impoverished folks have to graft and that takes its toll on their looks, plus they are less likely to afford stylish wardrobes, beauty aids, beauty sleep and nutritious healthy diets, that keep them looking good.

But they are the salt of the earth. They are the ones who make things happen, not the posh ones who are terrified dirtying their hands or breaking a nail.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:49 am

Stunning girl from the Kardashian/Jenner family. They are all Trump supporters. She's still in her teens, needs no beauty aids ... but she has shelled out tens of thousands of dollars for good quality hair extensions, bright, neat Hollywood teeth, bigged-up lips, professional tanning, breast implants and surgery to redistribute the fat around her hips. She can also afford fantastic clothes. The works!! Ditto for her 4 sisters. They can afford it.

Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims 6e08fcf8a792ab87f3fd7a87dfdfbe22

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:56 am

Jules wrote:Shallow thread!

It's far easier to look good when you are born into wealth. Impoverished folks have to graft and that takes its toll on their looks, plus they are less likely to afford stylish wardrobes, beauty aids, beauty sleep and nutritious healthy diets, that keep them looking good.

But they are the salt of the earth. They are the ones who make things happen, not the posh ones who are terrified dirtying their hands or breaking a nail.

You sound like you're writing for a 1950's teen magazine and also, you're just blatantly stereotyping huge groups of people.
I sort of see where you're coming from, but it's too generalising.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:28 am

Well supply me with the modern version. I'm broad minded and open to learning something new from you.

I hope you don't think I'm exaggerating about all the artificial beauty aids and surgeries the Kardashian girls have had done to them.

The OP generalised, eddie, and sometimes when that happens you counter it by generalising back!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:36 am

Jules wrote:Well supply me with the modern version. I'm broad minded and open to learning something new from you.

I hope you don't think I'm exaggerating about all the artificial beauty aids and surgeries the Kardashian girls have had done to them.

The OP generalised, eddie, and sometimes when that happens you counter it by generalising back!

The Kardashians are indeed, artificial, but I bet they're left wing anyway. I thought the OP was tongue-in-cheek tbh.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:55 am

eddie wrote:
Jules wrote:Well supply me with the modern version. I'm broad minded and open to learning something new from you.

The Kardashians are indeed, artificial, but I bet they're left wing anyway.  I thought the OP was tongue-in-cheek tbh.

Why do you say they are left-wing? I rather fancy them money grubbers, and Trump fans.

Frankly, I'd like to know.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:54 am

Jules wrote:Stunning girl from the Kardashian/Jenner family. They are all Trump supporters. She's still in her teens, needs no beauty aids ... but she has shelled out tens of thousands of dollars for good quality hair extensions, bright, neat Hollywood teeth, bigged-up lips, professional tanning, breast implants and surgery to redistribute the fat around her hips. She can also afford fantastic clothes. The works!! Ditto for her 4 sisters. They can afford it.

Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims 6e08fcf8a792ab87f3fd7a87dfdfbe22
What a Face

And not forgetting that Kim Kardashian was also running to fat while still in her 20s (just look at those hips and backside..).

And, they will age fast once they're approaching their 40s -- all of that partying catches up with them all, eventually..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:27 am

What do the Kardashians do exactly?

I assumed this thread was a joke, but some people seem to be taking it seriously. Laughing

Anyway, even people who work can look good - working doesn't mean we all look like we've been dragged through a hedge, or that we look "ugly". People who work do actually sleep and eat, and beauty aids don't really make much difference anyway. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:46 am

Raggamuffin wrote:What do the Kardashians do exactly?

I assumed this thread was a joke, but some people seem to be taking it seriously. Laughing

Anyway, even people who work can look good - working doesn't mean we all look like we've been dragged through a hedge, or that we look "ugly". People who work do actually sleep and eat, and beauty aids don't really make much difference anyway. Razz

Exactly. This thread was supposed to be a bit of a joke IMO and I don't care what "wing" Kim Kardshian is.....she still has a stupidly large and ridiculous arse.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:54 am

eddie wrote:

Exactly. This thread was supposed to be a bit of a joke IMO and I don't care what "wing" Kim Kardshian is.....she still has a stupidly large and ridiculous arse.

Ah well, having a large arse is all the rage these days. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:13 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Ah well, having a large arse is all the rage these days. Laughing

Well there's having an arse and then there's having implants that look like footballs and looking like an arse.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Right-wingers are generally snaggle-toothed ignorant perverted idiots.

Last edited by Lurker on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:28 pm

Lol....I love these shallow threads where people can be really catty. Razz

Who says the Kardashians are good looking anyway? The press....and the over inflated egos and arse lickers that they surround themselves with.
They are false from top to toe, not sure why nowadays plastic imlants and expressions are considered good to look at, they are gross imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims 154000651_donald-trump-gary-busey-zoom-eac4858d-ca94-4a2f-995f-f9d655dfbc4c

Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims Celebrities-Wearing-Tanya-Taylor-Hillary-Clinton-Tees

I think that's a really good picture of the President .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Lurker wrote:Right-wingers are generally snagle-toothed ignorant perverted idiots.

That was going a bit far - it's supposed to be a fun thread.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Its quite good of Gary Busey too...he didn't look that good on CBB a couple of years ago. No
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:11 pm

Syl wrote:Its quite good of Gary Busey too...he didn't look that good on CBB a couple of years ago. No

Busey is a sloppy drunk.  I'm reminded every time I see his goofy hair, or alcoholic pallor.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Its quite good of Gary Busey too...he didn't look that good on CBB a couple of years ago. No

Busey is a sloppy drunk.  I'm reminded every time I see his goofy hair, or alcoholic pallor.

He was a bit of a mess on the Brit CBB when he appeared. I felt sorry for him though, he was bullied. He exposed himself a couple of times, I really think he didn't do it purposely....but some over reacted and made it out to be a huge wrong doing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:21 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

He was a bit of a mess on the Brit CBB when he appeared. I felt sorry for him though, he was bullied. He exposed himself a couple of times, I really think he didn't do it purposely....but some over reacted and made it out to be a huge wrong doing.

I could feel sorry for him.  Alcohol does drag you down.  But we are all responsible for ourselves.  It's up to him...lord knows, it's not as if he's not been given advantages.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lurker wrote:Right-wingers are generally snagle-toothed ignorant perverted idiots.

That was going a bit far - it's supposed to be a fun thread.
He sounds as if he is simply getting into the spirit of the thread.  Surely you're not taking that post seriously?

Btw peeps I had a look at some lists of which celebs support which party and some democrat supporters are absolute out & out stunners, whilst some republican supporters are rough as f*ck. So there ya go. Quit generalising. Laughing

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

The Kardashians are indeed, artificial, but I bet they're left wing anyway.  I thought the OP was tongue-in-cheek tbh.

Why do you say they are left-wing?  I rather fancy them money grubbers, and Trump fans.  

My pleasure! It's 7 of them in the family. The patriarch and matriarch of the family - Mr & Mrs Jenner are proud, card carrying Republican supporters. Kim, (one of the daughters) and her hubby are firm friends of trump and other republican figures. The younger kids move in both party circles but in the voting booth, I'm sure it's trump they support, like their parents do. No crime in that btw.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:43 pm

eddie wrote:

Wrong. Laughing They are mostly Trump supporters as I explained earlier, especially the parents who are now divorced but still close. Yes they have a lot of artificial so called beauty treatments done to them. All 7 of them keep the surgeons VERY busy.

This is Kylie Jenner through her teenage years. Her lips mysteriously got bigger and bigger and she got breast implants too. Madness!
Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims Mouthy10

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:50 pm

Jules wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Why do you say they are left-wing?  I rather fancy them money grubbers, and Trump fans.  

My pleasure! It's 7 of them in the family. The patriarch and matriarch of the family - Mr & Mrs Jenner are proud, card carrying Republican supporters. Kim, (one of the daughters) and her hubby are firm friends of trump and other republican figures. The younger kids move in both party circles but in the voting booth, I'm sure it's trump they support, like their parents do. No crime in that btw.

That has always been my impression, too. They've always been Rube-Republicans since the came on the scene.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:14 am

Laughing

I RECKON good ol' NITwit should consider re-title-ing this thread...  

To something like :

"Why do Republicans have the fattest arses  ?!?"        Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims 1681210668
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:35 am

Well you know; with all those conservative movie stars I suppose... oh no wait... Razz
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down