NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Orion the first god?

+4
magica
nicko
eddie
Original Quill
8 posters

Go down

Was Orion the first god? Empty Was Orion the first god?

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Something inspired the human species to invent an omnicient, omnipresent, omnipotent, half-naked old man in the sky. We speculate that he performs tricks for us below, from floods to forest fires to locusts to crop failures. The alternative is to speculate about aliens with awesome powers, à la Erich von Daniken. http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/vonDaniken.htm

Whence this notion that there must be some being or power above us? Whence the etymology of the word god?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Was Orion the first god? Empty Re: Was Orion the first god?

Post by eddie Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:53 pm

Everyone has a different perception of God. I think, in the US, religious people take the word of the bible far more literally. It seems to be a big thing with you guys.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Well, I agree with that Quill.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:05 pm

I think God or Gods were ancient aliens.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:13 pm

magica wrote:I think God or Gods were ancient aliens.

That's the theory of Erich von Daniken. It's fascinating.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:23 pm

It truly is Quill, Ive been into this for many years and it all makes sense to me. With Ezekiel's Angels coming down in a machine, with a ladder, well its obvious to us what it was, but they had no concept of flying machines, so had to describe in words only they knew. Everything they did was about God.

Im also fascinated that God, with an extra o is good and ofcourse Devil without the D is evil, names made to fit in my opinion.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:34 pm

I wonder who first imagined God sat on a cloud with a long flowing beard?
Or Jesus as a fair skinned, fair haired neatly bearded man.
Or aliens as little odd shaped beings, or spaceships as saucer shaped domes

This is an Italian cave painting of aliens from 10,000 bc.

Was Orion the first god? 12%2520cave%2520painting
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:06 pm

I think Jesus was described as golden haired, lighter skin by Pontius Pilot in his report to Rome.

The caveman pictures are fascinating as they only drew what they saw.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:55 pm

magica wrote:I think Jesus was described as golden haired, lighter skin by Pontius Pilot in his report to Rome.

The caveman pictures are fascinating as they only drew what they saw.

It wasn't until the Middle Ages when artists began depicting Jesus as white because Christians didn't like the idea of Jesus having Jewish features, even though he was Jewish

Romans showed him as Jewish with black ringlets, it not till after the fall of Rome after the rise of Islam that Europeans start to draw him as a white European. because there was so much propaganda to hate the darker skinned peoples.

then Giant snakes are the first gods and/or aliens
the cave art of them is 30,000+ years old
But actually that statement is incorrect. Complex religious and social beliefs where established in cave at before the first homo sapiens stepped into Europe. the idea that they were simple minded primitives is just not true, their minds where the same as today, there are plenty of simpleminded people still (look at the Trump voters)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:41 am

I read somewhere that Pontius Pilot described Jesus how I said.

We all see Jesus as darker skinned, dark haired Jewish man. That seems the more likely.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:52 am

No one knows what Pontius Pilate Actually said at all
there is not even official record of him trialing Jesus since to the Romans he was jut another terrorist ramble rouser.

Lots of 'fictional' work contains Pontius since he in mentioned in the bible
All we know is his name appear on a single stone mentioning him as prefect on Judea in the reign of Tiberius (and even that seems like it could be fraudulently placed)

UNTIL 1961, there was no concrete archaeological evidence that Pontius Pilate, the fifth governor of Judaea, ever existed. There were accounts of him, of course, not least the accounts in the Gospels. But the records of his administration had disappeared completely: no papyri, no rolls, no tablets, no (authentic) letters to Rome. The Roman ruins that remained in Israel seemed to have nothing to do with him. Even his aqueduct - a project that got him into plenty of trouble at the time - appeared to have crumbled away.
In the summer of 1961, however, Italian archaeologists found a piece of limestone, 82cm wide by 68cm high, in the ruins of a sports stadium in Caesarea, beside the sea. The stadium had not been there in Pilate's time; he had yelled at his gladiators in another place. But the stone bore his name, and much else besides.

Because it is the only artefact we have - the only proof of him, and also the only object we can be sure he looked at and thought about - even the tiniest aspects of it have a huge importance. Until there are more discoveries, this is as close as we are going to get.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/historical-notes-pontius-pilate-a-name-set-in-stone-1084786.html
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:39 am

Shit, I meant to do a thing about this. Anyway, here it is in a nutshell:

Americans (the white ones at least) are largely descended from people who, in Europe, had some religious rule imposed upon them and instead of saying, "Ah, who the fuck cares," decided to move to an entirely different continent. That's a strong religiosity gene that got passed down to Americans and you see what it has done.

Australians (the white ones) are largely descended from convicts, and you can still see a bit of that in how some of them act like bad-asses/actually are bad-asses.

The English, on the other hand, are mostly descended from non-convicts who didn't care that much about religion, and can't you see that in England today? A la carte Christians for whom curry is quite enough of an adventure, thank you.

(Canadians, the North American descendants of the British, are pretty similar.)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:41 am

Original Quill wrote:
magica wrote:
I think God or Gods were ancient aliens.

That's the theory of Erich von Daniken.  It's fascinating.

cyclops

I read von Daniken's books while I was in high school...

Basically, his ideas don't stand up to close inspection and analysis..
He was a nutter and a scam artist.

There have been some better attempts along the same lines since him..      alien
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Shit, I meant to do a thing about this. Anyway, here it is in a nutshell:

Americans (the white ones at least) are largely descended from people who, in Europe, had some religious rule imposed upon them and instead of saying, "Ah, who the fuck cares," decided to move to an entirely different continent. That's a strong religiosity gene that got passed down to Americans and you see what it has done.

Australians (the white ones) are largely descended from convicts, and you can still see a bit of that in how some of them act like bad-asses/actually are bad-asses.

The English, on the other hand, are mostly descended from non-convicts who didn't care that much about religion, and can't you see that in England today? A la carte Christians for whom curry is quite enough of an adventure, thank you.

(Canadians, the North American descendants of the British, are pretty similar.)

Perhaps you would be interested in a two book set by Daniel J. Boorstin, The Discoverers and The Creators. In The Discoverers he speaks (inter alia) of the migrations you reference, Ben. Then in The Creators he addresses religion and its influence on art, architecture and philosophy. Highly recommended.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum