NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook And Twitter Face New Legal Move To Crack Down On Online Abuse

3 posters

Go down

Facebook And Twitter Face New Legal Move To Crack Down On Online Abuse Empty Facebook And Twitter Face New Legal Move To Crack Down On Online Abuse

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:13 pm

Facebook and Twitter could be legally forced to tackle abusive online trolls under a fresh crackdown considered by Parliament. The two US internet giants and other social media firms face a tough new statutory code of practice that would require them to report to the police any threats of physical harm and to delete any posts that could incite violence.

The measures, backed by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Anti-Semitism, are contained in fresh amendments to the Digital Economy Bill tabled on Thursday. Labour peer Baroness Jones of Whitchurch, who is backed by Lib Dem colleagues, will expect ministers to respond to the proposals amid continuing alarm at the scale of online abuse, particularly against women and Jews.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/twitter-facebook-face-statutory-code-of-practice-online-abuse-digital-economy-bill-baroness-jones_uk_58931e4de4b0302a153d2df4?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Facebook And Twitter Face New Legal Move To Crack Down On Online Abuse Empty Re: Facebook And Twitter Face New Legal Move To Crack Down On Online Abuse

Post by eddie Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:27 pm

About time! Facebook is really bad for not having proper rules about what constitutes abuse and what type of picture posts are allowed.

I reported a particular picture post about two years ago which showed Muslims supposedly burning Christmas items with the caption
"Muslims want to ban Christmas! Share!"

I reported it because it was simply untrue (and the picture looked dodgy) and I know enough Muslims to know that they don't even dislike our Christmas celebrations, let alone want to ban them!
Facebook got back to me with the usual "it's not violating our rules" bullshit.

A couple weeks ago, I posted a picture of a women with very long nipples with the caption
"It's chilly out there"

Facebook took it down. Seems tits are offensive but untrue claims are not.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Facebook And Twitter Face New Legal Move To Crack Down On Online Abuse Empty Re: Facebook And Twitter Face New Legal Move To Crack Down On Online Abuse

Post by Syl Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:33 pm

eddie wrote:About time! Facebook is really bad for not having proper rules about what constitutes abuse and what type of picture posts are allowed.

I reported a particular picture post about two years ago which showed Muslims supposedly burning Christmas items with the caption

I reported it because it was simply untrue (and the picture looked dodgy) and I know enough Muslims to know that they don't even dislike our Christmas celebrations, let alone want to ban them!

A couple weeks ago, I posted a picture of a women with very long nipples with the caption
"It's chilly out there"

What ARE you like. Razz

It would suit me if EVERY nasty cruel offensive troll was tracked down named and shamed.
I have no time for cowardly keyboard warriors.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:34 pm

eddie wrote:About time! Facebook is really bad for not having proper rules about what constitutes abuse and what type of picture posts are allowed.

"It's chilly out there"

This is hat happens when people are constantly irresponsible on social media Eddie and I am glad now the law is taking a tough stance on them to act.

Yeah that Christmas story is yet another in a long line of fake news and on social media, people simply dont check the sources.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:47 am

Idea

One small 'point of order' :

That O/P is simply more proof yet again that so many journalists, politicians and lawmakers don't even know just what "internet trolls" actually are  !!!

The online pests they are discusing there are in fact more correctly termed 'cyber bullies' --  and not "trolls" as such..

Pedantically yours.         tongue
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down