NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should President Trumps state visit to Britain be banned?

+10
The Devil, You Know
Bella
Tommy Monk
Fred Moletrousers
nicko
Ben Reilly
eddie
HoratioTarr
Original Quill
Syl
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Should President Trumps state visit to Britain be banned? - Page 3 Empty Should President Trumps state visit to Britain be banned?

Post by Syl Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm surprised the Queen invited him in the first place tbh. Rolling Eyes

The latest update is more than one million people have signed the petition to say he should be banned from coming here on a state visit.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sadiq-khan-demands-donald-trumps-9716177

"London Mayor Sadiq Khan - the first Muslim mayor of a major western city - has demanded Donald Trump’s state visit to the UK is cancelled.
He told Sky News: "I am quite clear, this ban is cruel, this ban is shameful, while this ban is in place we should not be rolling out the red carpet for President Trump.
"I don't think he should be coming on a state visit while the ban is in place, I couldn't be clearer."
He said the ban "flies in the face of the values" the US was built on.
He added: "I'm pleased that the Prime Minister has now said she and the Government do not agree with President Trump's policy, which will affect many British citizens who have dual nationality, including Londoners born in countries affected by the ban."
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should President Trumps state visit to Britain be banned? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should President Trumps state visit to Britain be banned?

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:52 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

In reality I doubt the queen has any say in political matters, she does what she is told to do.
I think wheeling her, and all the pomp and ceremony of a state visit out for him will be for reasons the ordinary man in the street wont know.
Money and power, agreements and promises will be the deciding factor here not friendship.

We voted Brexit to gain back control of our country....now it seems we are sucking up to a man who wants to control the world...on his terms.

The jury's out on Trump for me.   On the surface, I don't like him, but then all I perceive about him is coloured by the media.   Actions will speak louder, in time.   So let's wait and see.

Unfortunately we can't afford to wait and see.

HT wrote:He's that wealthy, I doubt he'll be in anyone's pockets,  

How do you think he got wealthy?

HT wrote:...and that bull headed I don't think he'll be anyone's puppet.   I'm personally sick to death of puppet leaders...so let's hope he does the right thing by the world and proves everyone wrong.

Bullheaded usually means stupid. Stupid people are easy to entrap. Ever played chess?[/quote]

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should President Trumps state visit to Britain be banned? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should President Trumps state visit to Britain be banned?

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:07 am

what are we waiting to See?

I don't get when we can say seen enough
I mean ALL his executive orders in the first week where more than enough to confirm all the negative things that were feared about his presidency

Wait and see was the attitude that let Hitler take Poland. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Strike now, before he executes his opponents NOT after!!!
No point shutting the Gate when the Horse is murdered Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:29 am

Idea

JUST looking at the nature of the nasty and ill-qualified people he has put in charge of national security, the military, environment, education, health, welfare...

And the sackings of anybody who even balks at various edicts, combined with mass resignations of leading department officials..  

That's plenty of indication of what can be expected from Trump's administration over coming months.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

The jury's out on Trump for me.   On the surface, I don't like him, but then all I perceive about him is coloured by the media.   Actions will speak louder, in time.   So let's wait and see.

Unfortunately we can't afford to wait and see.

Well, it looks as though you'll have to, doesn't it?

HT wrote:He's that wealthy, I doubt he'll be in anyone's pockets,  

How do you think he got wealthy?

Same way lots of lawyers get wealthy.

HT wrote:...and that bull headed I don't think he'll be anyone's puppet.   I'm personally sick to death of puppet leaders...so let's hope he does the right thing by the world and proves everyone wrong.

Bullheaded usually means stupid.  Stupid people are easy to entrap.  Ever played chess?
[/quote]

I love chess, actually. Put it this way, can he be anymore stupid than some of your other Presidents?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:28 pm

veya_victaous wrote:what are we waiting to See?

I mean ALL his executive orders in the first week where more than enough to confirm all the negative things that were feared about his presidency

Wait and see was the attitude that let Hitler take Poland. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Executes his opponents? I think it'll be the other round.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:21 pm

All the negative things...?

Negative for who...?

A president looking after his own people is negative...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

All the negative things...?

Negative for who...?

A president looking after his own people is negative...?

Who is his own people?

That is what you need to clarify first?

Just white Americans?

All Americans?

All humans?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Usa citizens...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Usa citizens...

So negative then, as we are all humans.
Not all USA citizens agree with him, in fact the majority did not vote for him.
So how is he looking after his own people, by seeking further to divide the US people and divide the US from the rest of the World?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:37 pm

1) No and irrelevant waffle.

2) The majority of usa citizens never voted for Obama either... or bush before that or clinton before that... so just more irrelevant waffle...

3) More spurious waffle...

You really must start making salient points instead of your hyperbolic waffle dodge...!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

1) No and irrelevant waffle.

Tommy, you always say "waffle" when you have no answer.   Razz

Tommy Monk wrote:2) The majority of usa citizens never voted for Obama either... or bush before that or clinton before that... so just more irrelevant waffle..
You're making this up as you go along, right?  Obama won by a landslide of the majority, as have most Democrats.  True, Bush lost the popular vote...but no one has lost by as much as Trump, and won the electoral collage.

Tommy Monk wrote:3) More spurious waffle...You really must start making salient points instead of your hyperbolic waffle dodge...!!!

lol!

Ohhhh..."hyperbolic waffle" this time?  Tommy using four-syllable words...I'm impressed.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3