NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thousands use 'fake life' scam to get into the UK

5 posters

Go down

Thousands use 'fake life' scam to get into the UK Empty Thousands use 'fake life' scam to get into the UK

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:17 am

Thousands of people are faking living in Ireland to get family members into the UK, a BBC investigation has revealed. The scam involves UK nationals who want to bring in close relatives from outside the European Economic Area.

Police said immigration advisers, lawyers and accountants were behind the multi-million pound fraud.
The UK government is warning it is a growing industry that exploits European free-movement rules.
The scam uses the so-called Surinder Singh route, named after a historical immigration court case.
If a UK national lives and works in another European country for a period of time, they can be considered under EU rather than British law on their return.

That means that if they have been joined by a non-EEA spouse, they are allowed to bring them into the UK without having to meet certain immigration requirements that apply to Britons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38597384

Back to top Go down

Thousands use 'fake life' scam to get into the UK Empty Re: Thousands use 'fake life' scam to get into the UK

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:06 pm

What did I post a few months ago about free movement allowing non eu/EEC people in as family of eu nationals...!!!???
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Thousands use 'fake life' scam to get into the UK Empty Re: Thousands use 'fake life' scam to get into the UK

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:41 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:What did I post a few months ago about free movement allowing non eu/EEC people in as family of eu nationals...!!!???

You favor immigration policy that breaks up families?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:47 pm

We favour immigration polices that don't take the piss out our country.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:What did I post a few months ago about free movement allowing non eu/EEC people in as family of eu nationals...!!!???

You favour one which is based on fraud and lies?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:01 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Come on Ben, they chose to leave their families in the first place. My father was told by his mother to go to Canada at 14, to go out into the world and make a life for himself. He was shocked at the time as he did not want to leave home. As he wanted to be with his family and sent home half his money, to support them when working in Canada. He never thought that mean bringing his parents over. I can understand wives wanting to come and join them, but siblings, parents etc? Come on Ben, this article is showing people are abusing the system. I am all for people bettering their lives in new countries, but there are rules on and controls in place for a reason. So nobody has broken up any family, that was a choice the moment that person decided to come here and find work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down