NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you make of this about the Antarctic?

+2
Victorismyhero
Tommy Monk
6 posters

Go down

What do you make of this about the Antarctic? Empty What do you make of this about the Antarctic?

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:10 pm

Scientists believe a massive object that could change our understanding of history is hidden beneath the Antarctic ice.

The huge and mysterious “anomaly” is thought to be lurking beneath the frozen wastes of an area called Wilkes Land. The area is 151 miles across and has a minimum depth of about 2,700 feet.

Some researchers believe it is the remains of a truly massive asteroid more than twice the size of the Chicxulub space rock that wiped out the dinosaurs.

If this explanation is true, it could mean this killer asteroid caused the Permian-Triassic extinction event, which killed 96 percent of Earth’s sea creatures and up to 70 percent of the vertebrate organisms living on land.

However, the wilder minds of the internet have come up with their own theories, with some conspiracy theorists claiming it could be a massive UFO base or a portal to a mysterious underworld called the Hollow Earth.

This “Wilkes Land gravity anomaly” was first uncovered in 2006, when NASA satellites spotted gravitational changes which indicated the presence of a huge object sitting in the middle of a 300-mile-wide impact crater.

Now the internet has lit up with discussions of the mysterious observations after the UFO-hunting crew Secure Team 10 posted a YouTube video about the anomaly.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/29/massive-anomaly-lurks-beneath-ice-in-antarctica/

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

What do you make of this about the Antarctic? Empty Re: What do you make of this about the Antarctic?

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:00 pm

I'd say an asteroid is the most likely explanation...

although it would prove interesting to say the least if it was an alien spacecraft, full of technology and frozen alien corpses...

BUT given the supposed aliens ability to fly accross intergalactic distances......do you think its at all likely that crashing would be an option....given the ship itself is quite possibly "smarter" than the aliens themselves?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

What do you make of this about the Antarctic? Empty Re: What do you make of this about the Antarctic?

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:42 pm

This is the video they're talking about in op...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxdVW6AuPg

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:04 pm

I actually watched the X-Files movie (I know, I know) and part of the plot was them going underground in Antarctica to explore some shit that had to do with aliens ... I wonder if this was the inspiration!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:46 pm

What do you think might have been the inspiration for the x files plot you mentioned?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:45 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I'd say an asteroid is the most likely explanation...

although it would prove interesting to say the least if it was an alien spacecraft, full of technology and frozen alien corpses...

BUT given the supposed aliens ability to fly accross intergalactic distances......do you think its at all likely that crashing would be an option....given the ship itself is quite possibly "smarter" than the aliens themselves?

I think it is probably the asteroid We do sort of know there was a big strike at the end of the Permian era.

but the other explanation for crashing is that it was shot down by another spacecraft Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:58 pm

veya...interesting...

I could easily subscribe to the idea that us humans are either rebels or criminals from another alien (to us now) culture that were shot down (or at least has the craft disabled somewhere nearby) by a persuing "govt" fleet......or possibly "refugees" fleeing some sort of war.....

our closeness DNA wise to the rest of our anthropoid "relatives may be due to necessary biological intervebntion to allow us to live "properly " here...

given the sheer amount of legendary "immortality" it could be postulated that we had to sacrifice that in order to survive at all....

there is NO rule that says our DNA "system" is unique in the universe, indeed it is possible that it is fairly universal even IF subject to many many varients (like triple stranded etc...)

(triple strannded DNA would lead to something like a 5-10 times greater rate of evolution BTW....I cant remember where I read that but it WAS a relibale autour and publication.....part of the study I had to do in genetics years and years (and it seems ...years) ago)
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I actually watched the X-Files movie (I know, I know) and part of the plot was them going underground in Antarctica to explore some shit that had to do with aliens ... I wonder if this was the inspiration!

What do you think might have been the inspiration for the x files plot you mentioned?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:13 pm

I think they probably died in the crash (along with 85% of life on this planet)  that was a pretty big boom.

but that long ago their could have been life as close as Mars.
we have barely scratched the surface of Mars,
who knows we might get there and start digging and find buried ruins and the bones of Martian climate change denialists (mars has particularly thin atmosphere)

and if panspermia was the cause of life on this planet(and presumably others)  then similar DNA structures would indeed be 'common' through out carbon based life forms at lest
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I actually watched the X-Files movie (I know, I know) and part of the plot was them going underground in Antarctica to explore some shit that had to do with aliens ... I wonder if this was the inspiration!

The conspiracy theory that it's a spacecraft.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:16 pm

ya dont think such a craft as this would have been would have missed out on escape capsules do you....
likey no one on board when it impacted....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:21 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

What year was the x files episode...?

What year was the gravity anomaly detected that started the speculation about there possibly being spacecraft/asteroid...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:38 pm

Lord Foul wrote:ya dont think such a craft as this would have been would have missed out on escape capsules do you....
likey no one on board when it impacted....

actually I don't think 'escape capsules' are realistic at all in space craft (interstellar ones anyway), the distances are so great etc it would just be a much slower death Neutral
and if they were exploratory then the really probably didn't

I mean Captain Cook etc did all he did without life boats geek
let alone some emotion-less borg-like race. they wouldn't even care
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:44 pm

How about 'admiral byrd' and operation highjump back in mid to late 1940's...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:18 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

What year was the gravity anomaly detected that started the speculation about there possibly being spacecraft/asteroid...?

you know I just looked this up

x files movie that ben refers to is 1998 (there is actually 2 movies, the other is 2008)

the anomaly wasn't formally discovered until 2006.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:22 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
How about 'admiral byrd' and operation highjump back in mid to late 1940's...?

interestingly it was also claimed to be a Nazi base
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/antarctica/antartica11.htm

And even the lost city of Atlantis.

So even though it wasn't formally discover until 2006 seems it was known to be something a lot earlier than that
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:30 am

Smile

CONSIDERING that Argentina, Australia, Britain, Chile, New Zealand, Norway, Russia and the United States have been involved in various explorations, civilian treks and semi-permanent bases in Antarctica over the past century...

It does seem unlikely that any relevant and supporting evidence has gone undiscovered for so long..

Which would mean a pretty wide international conspiracy to keep things quite.        Suspect
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:05 am

@ wolf
it is part of our bit but our Stations are only on the coast
Plus it is fucking huge
"with an estimated land area of 2,600,000 km², "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilkes_Land
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:08 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

x files movie that ben refers to  is 1998 (there is actually 2 movies, the other is 2008)

The X-Files actually brought a lot of old fringe beliefs into mainstream consciousness -- I don't believe many people had heard of "black helicopters" and whatnot until that show came along.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:32 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

x files movie that ben refers to  is 1998 (there is actually 2 movies, the other is 2008)

Exactly!!!

The inspiration would have probably come from operation highjump back in the 1940s...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:55 pm

@tommy
but this seem linked to highjump too same area, but like I said the area is huge.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:34 pm

Been a lot of exploration going on around this part over the years compared to other parts...

Lots of lakes there too... in an area that is supposedly always well below freezing temperatures...

Plenty of info out there on operation highjump... and is well worth reading!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Ooooh. I do love a mystery.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:38 pm

I think the lakes are frozen though. but unlike the ice shelf do have land underneath and have exposed land around them.

although geothermals could keep a lake above freezing, a section could be similar to Iceland, it is quite interesting and the area is so big with limited human contact.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:52 pm

eddie wrote:Ooooh. I do love a mystery.

Read some of the stuff out there about 'highjump'...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:29 pm

This is quite interesting too...

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/the-cia-just-dumped-13-million-declassified-pages-online
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down