NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke.

+4
Spindleshanks
eddie
Ben Reilly
Syl
8 posters

Go down

It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke. Empty It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke.

Post by Syl Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:53 pm

So why when we see this image of what he would have looked like it comes a shock?
And why have all the books and bibles I have ever seen portray Jesus to be tall, blonde and blue eyed.....what a myth.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/this-is-what-jesus-really-looked-like/ar-BBy45MN?li=AAaeUIW&ocid=spartanntphttp://

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35120965

From this....It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke. BBy3y8S

To this......It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke. 1450102826-jesus
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke. Empty Re: It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke.

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:40 pm

To be fair, every Christian culture has depicted Jesus in its own way. Here's how he looks in Chinese depictions:

It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke. ChineseJesus
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke. Empty Re: It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke.

Post by eddie Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:46 pm

Jesus is the lead singer of Nickelback, as a Chinese man.

This is how, he reminds me.... Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Only image of Jesus I have in my head is of Robert Powell Laughing
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:56 pm

And in fact that image posted above bears a remarkable likeness to him.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:57 pm

It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke. 4e0a3eadcea4a974f5d15ca2f2965cd0
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:To be fair, every Christian culture has depicted Jesus in its own way. Here's how he looks in Chinese depictions:

It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke. ChineseJesus

That's interesting.
I suppose the images that children are fed of what Jesus looked like are modelled on what that child is comfortable with....and that's the image that stays with you till you see the actual reality.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke. 4e0a3eadcea4a974f5d15ca2f2965cd0

Yes....but I dont think Jesus was born in Salford so that cant be right. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:26 pm

It stands to reason that Jesus was swarthy and dark eyed.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:29 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:It stands to reason that Jesus was swarthy and dark eyed.  

It does, but the image you were always given of him when you were a child stays with you till you think about it sensibly.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:40 pm

Bet no one got my Nickelback joke. Fucking waste of my time and talent being hilarious on here.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:46 pm

eddie wrote:Jesus is the lead singer of Nickelback, as a Chinese man.

I never liked that song ever since Constantine Maroulis got kicked off American Idol.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:47 pm

eddie wrote:Bet no one got my Nickelback joke. Fucking waste of my time and talent being hilarious on here.

Never heard of em. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I never liked that song ever since Constantine Maroulis got kicked off American Idol.

No idea who Constamarloulaoua is but the song is great. Best one they ever did.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:06 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No idea who Constamarloulaoua is but the song is great. Best one they ever did.

He was my favourite contestant in 2004, but then he did a rather questionable version of that song and got voted off. Crying or Very sad

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Yeah that was shit. He was just above flat vocally and his vowels were too long.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:35 am

I appreciated that Eds. Shame we couldn't look at his photograph- that might have helped Razz
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:45 am

sunny

JESUS would have had a good suntan,  too...

Considering the part of the world he lived in,  and his outdoors lifestyle..

And sunscreen lotions were yet to be invented.

Cool
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:08 pm

He was probably very small in stature too in comparison.
When we went to Israel, Jerusalem, Bethlehem, and toured round the places where Jesus grew up and lived, the old buildings (or replicas) especially the doors and openings, were a lot smaller that modern day builds.
So unless Jesus and his fellow men stooped low every time they entered/exited their dwelling places, they must have been much shorter in height than we art.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:43 pm

Eilzel wrote:

I appreciated that Eds. Shame we couldn't look at his photograph- that might have helped Razz

Here he is as Chinese Jesus

It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke. Img_5836

Then he shaved off his beard!!!! Prefer the shorter hair but grow the beard back Chad! Evil or Very Mad

It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke. Img_5837
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:57 pm

I don't know him....but he looks a lot more attractive with long hair and beard imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Because now, I keep singing it....so here you are:

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Oh I do know them...my grandson had one of their songs playing over and over a few years ago.
I told him it was bad cos one of the lines said something about everyone has their own drug dealer on speed dial.....I didn't like that one bit....he thought it was funny. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Syl wrote:Oh I do know them...my grandson had one of their songs playing over and over a few years ago.
I told him it was bad cos one of the lines said something about everyone has their own drug dealer on speed dial.....I didn't like that one bit....he thought it was funny. Rolling Eyes

Yes but if you listen to the lyrics in full it's about rock stars. And he's not far wrong.
Lyric video for you. It's quite a clever song tbh.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:08 pm

I seem to have turned this into a music thread. scratch
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:16 pm

eddie wrote:I seem to have turned this into a music thread. scratch

I'm sure Jesus wouldn't object. grin angel

I watched the vid, and the other one you posted....yes it's a good song, I like his raspy voice too.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I seem to have turned this into a music thread. scratch

I'm sure Jesus wouldn't object.  grin angel

I watched the vid, and the other one you posted....yes it's a good song, I like his raspy voice too.

Oh yeah....the voice....yes. Mmmmmm.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:36 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Then he shaved off his beard!!!! Prefer the shorter hair but grow the beard back Chad!  Evil or Very Mad

That was my attempt at being funny, eds- cause Nickelback also did a song called photograph...nevermind Razz lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:11 am

Spindleshanks wrote:It stands to sense Jesus was a swarthy looking bloke. 4e0a3eadcea4a974f5d15ca2f2965cd0

Razz

Unless a Viking had "jumped the fence" somewhere in Mary's ancestry,  I seriously doubt that Jesus had blue eyes, either...

Or else, perhaps there could have been some kind of serious genetic anomaly taking place there,  to produce the Nordic look in that portrayal  ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:05 am

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Then he shaved off his beard!!!! Prefer the shorter hair but grow the beard back Chad!  Evil or Very Mad

That was my attempt at being funny, eds- cause Nickelback also did a song called photograph...nevermind Razz lol

Oh yes they did! Rather shite it was too.
I'm ashamed at my lack of joke-seeing there Les. No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:00 am

Haha np. It was shite. In fact, aside from Remind Me, I can't think of much good by them...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down