NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hate crime for Chicago Facebook Live attack

+4
Miffs2
Ben Reilly
eddie
Tommy Monk
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hate crime for Chicago Facebook Live attack Empty Hate crime for Chicago Facebook Live attack

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:44 pm

Four black people face hate crime and kidnapping charges for the Facebook Live-aired torture of a mentally disabled white man.
Jordan Hill, Brittany Covington and Tesfaye Cooper, all 18, and 24-year-old Tanishia Covington are expected to appear in a Chicago court on Friday.
In the video, the assailants can be heard making derogatory statements against white people and Donald Trump.
Chicago police have described the incident as "sickening".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38525549

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Hate crime for Chicago Facebook Live attack Empty Re: Hate crime for Chicago Facebook Live attack

Post by eddie Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:45 pm

I know it's classed as a racist crime due to the comments made, but i find it more sickening that he was mentally disabled.
Beside the point, I'm sure.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Hate crime for Chicago Facebook Live attack Empty Re: Hate crime for Chicago Facebook Live attack

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:41 am

eddie wrote:I know it's classed as a racist crime due to the comments made, but i find it more sickening that he was mentally disabled.
Beside the point, I'm sure.

He wasn't the target of attack because of his mental problems...

Those who tortured and brutalised him and the others who rejoiced in witnessing the attack didn't care about that at all...

Read the details of what they actually did to him...

It is beyond despicable regardless of whether he had some mental health issues or not!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:08 am

It was definitely a racism-based hate crime, that poor boy. Apparently he thought these people were his friends.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:43 am

No... he was dropped off by his parents to meet his friend... this was one of his 'known real friends... who turned on him...

"...was dropped off by his parents at a McDonald's restaurant on 31 December to meet his friend, Jordan Hill, who later became one of his attackers.
The pair drove around for two days, sleeping inside a van that Mr Hill had allegedly stolen without the victim's knowledge, before ending up at the Covington sisters' home.
Police said a play fight led to a prolonged assault in a flat on the Illinois city's west side.
The captive was made to drink from a toilet bowl, had part of his scalp removed with a knife, and was bound, gagged and beaten.
Chicago Police Commander Kevin Duffin said the victim finally escaped when his attackers went downstairs to confront a resident who had called police because of the noise.
Cdr Duffin said the racial slurs and references to the victim's mental capacity, depicted in the video, led to the hate crime charges.
One of the female attackers allegedly kicked in the front door of the neighbour's home, resulting in burglary charges for three of the suspects.
The escaped captive was found disorientated and traumatised, walking the streets in shorts and sandals with Mr Hill.
The victim, who had difficulty communicating with police, was taken to hospital for medical treatment, and discharged.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:03 am

Like I said, he thought the kid was his friend, but a friend doesn't do that, obviously. He thought wrong.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:54 am

Absolutely sickening
That poor soul.

Why are people so horrible?
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:00 pm

I have been heartened by the outrage and demonstrations from the liberal left in america over this atrocious hate crime.

The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:01 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:I have been heartened by the outrage and demonstrations from the liberal left in america over this atrocious hate crime.

I guess sarcasm doesn't come across so well in black and white.

and to think this happened in obamas fiefdom.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Racism against whites doesn't register to them...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:08 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:I have been heartened by the outrage and demonstrations from the liberal left in america over this atrocious hate crime.

Guess you missed these posts then:

Ben wrote: It was definitely a racism-based hate crime, that poor boy. Apparently he thought these people were his friends.

And

Ben wrote: Like I said, he thought the kid was his friend, but a friend doesn't do that, obviously. He thought wrong.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Racism against whites doesn't register to them...

I have seen some people take the view that black people can't be racist against white people, so I presume they also think they can't commit a racially-motivated/hate crime against them either.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:14 pm

eddie wrote:

Ben wrote: It was definitely a racism-based hate crime, that poor boy. Apparently he thought these people were his friends.

And

Ben wrote: Like I said, he thought the kid was his friend, but a friend doesn't do that, obviously. He thought wrong.

That hardly amounts to 'outrage and demonstrations'...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:

And

That hardly amounts to 'outrage and demonstrations'...

All racism hate crimes are wrong.

This one is disgusting

Do you show outrage and condemn racism against Asian or Africans?

If not you really are showing poor double standards

Happy if you prove me wrong by showing ten examples where you have condemned racist attacks against Africans and Asians

Or does your sense or outrage only register based on one skin colour?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:26 pm

What he said -^^^^
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:38 pm

The double standards are not from me...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:49 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The double standards are not from me...

Then show me examples of racist hate crimes you have condemned against Africans and Asians victims?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Do you mean that there haven't been protests against the mistreatment of this white person? If they're acquitted, there might be I guess.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Do you mean that there haven't been protests against the mistreatment of this white person? If they're acquitted, there might be I guess.

Why not have one organised then, if you think it needs to further help the money already been raised for this poor victim?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Thorin wrote:

Then show me examples of racist hate crimes you have condemned against Africans and Asians victims?

This thread is about a racist attack by blacks on a poor defenceless disabled white man... not about me...

And Raggs... 'outrage and demonstration' are absent if a white is attacked by blacks...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

This thread is about a racist attack by blacks on a poor defenceless disabled white man... not about me...

And Raggs... 'outrage and demonstration' are absent if a white is attacked by blacks...

This thread like any will digress when it is easy to point out the double standards of people when it comes o racism.

Show me again examples where you have condemned racist attacks on Africans and Asian victims?

If you cannot show, then your original views were the worst hypocrisy

I have condemned this racist attack as appalling and that those guilty should face the harshest punishments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why not have one organised then, if you think it needs to further help the money already been raised for this poor victim?

Eh? I'm not suggesting there should be one, I'm merely asking Tommy what he means.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Yes, but I think that most of the protests which have happened in the US are following the shooting of black chaps by the police, especially if there's a perception that the police may well get away with it (rightly or wrongly).
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Course there hasn't...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Eh? I'm not suggesting there should be one, I'm merely asking Tommy what he means.

By asking about protests?

He never mentioned them

Care to explain your dishonesty here and real meaning?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:11 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

He never mentioned them

He mentioned demonstrations, following on from what TDYK said. Why should I not ask about protests? It's a free country.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Yes, but I think that most of the protests which have happened in the US are following the shooting of black chaps by the police, especially if there's a perception that the police may well get away with it (rightly or wrongly).

They only get upset sometimes when a criminal is shot by police... but only when it is a black criminal shot by a white police officer...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

He never mentioned them

He mentioned demonstrations, following on from what TDYK said. Why should I not ask about protests? It's a free country.

I know he did, you though said protests

Have not people verbally protested against this?

It is a free country and its also free to expose your bullshit.

So again I ask, why not organise a demonstration the actual thing Tommy asked for if it so matters to you?

Or do you only like to stir up further racial hatred?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:16 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So again I ask, why not organise a demonstration the actual thing Tommy asked for if it so matters to you?

I never suggested there should be a protest. I'm not stirring up racial hatred at all. Hate crime for Chicago Facebook Live attack 2190311264

Are you only here to cause trouble and tell lies again? If so, I'll ignore you. It's a shame as I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I never suggested there should be a protest. I'm not stirring up racial hatred at all.  Hate crime for Chicago Facebook Live attack 2190311264

Are you only here to cause trouble and tell lies again? If so, I'll ignore you. It's a shame as I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Deflection when you know you are giving me poor replies
You brought up protests and now demonstrations.
Are you claiming white people do not give a shit about other whites being racially abused if they do not protest? That only people that do, care about racism?
Does that not show how little and out of touch white people are with racism?
You seem to want to equate whether something is racism over demonstrations and whether now white people take to the streets as if that means African Americans should not.
Would love to hear your reasoning to this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They only get upset sometimes when a criminal is shot by police... but only when it is a black criminal shot by a white police officer...

Possibly, but this incident doesn't involve anything done by the police anyway. Have there been protests when a white person has mistreated a black person generally?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Possibly, but this incident doesn't involve anything done by the police anyway. Have there been protests when a white person has mistreated a black person generally?

Interesting again
You want to equate whether people are bothered enough to demonstrate against an injustice based on racism
Explain that to me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:25 pm

It is normally whites who are mistreated by blacks if you check the crime statistics...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It is normally whites who are mistreated by blacks if you check the crime statistics...

All racist hate crimes are wrong.
Are you saying its normal for racial hate crimes now in the US?
Blacks are disproportionately mistreated by the Police on stop and search, arrests and handcuffing and in many cases on such minor offenses as having weed. Yet whites are by far the most prolific users of weed.
Explain that to me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:45 pm

Blacks are disproportionately responsible for crime... and crimes against whites!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:48 pm

I think that this again raises the issue of the backlash against the election of Trump. We've heard a lot about the alleged rise in crimes against non-white people after his election, but this crime raises the issue of crimes being committed against white people as possible "revenge" for his election. The four of them mentioned Trump did they not?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:49 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Blacks are disproportionately responsible for crime... and crimes against whites!

In how many countries?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Blacks are disproportionately responsible for crime... and crimes against whites!

I don't think so. You've tried to peddle that one before, and you always end up befuddled by your own statistical arguments.

Summary statistics inevitably involve two sides, and you typically only dwell on one side. As I say, you don't speak the language, so you always end up mispronouncing and misunderstanding.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:

I don't think so.  You've tried to peddle that one before, and you always end up befuddled by your own statistical arguments.

Summary statistics inevitably involve two sides, and you typically only dwell on one side.  As I say, you don't speak the language, so you always end up mispronouncing and misunderstanding.

No... the evidence is clear through crime statistics...

Anyone can check it out for themselves.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't think so.  You've tried to peddle that one before, and you always end up befuddled by your own statistical arguments.

Summary statistics inevitably involve two sides, and you typically only dwell on one side.  As I say, you don't speak the language, so you always end up mispronouncing and misunderstanding.

No... the evidence is clear through crime statistics...

Anyone can check it out for themselves.

They can and most crimes against blacks are drug related, when whites are far more the prolific users.

Why is that Tommy?

Why are whites let off crimes blacks are not in the US?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Vast majority of interracial crimes are on whites by blacks!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Vast majority of interracial crimes are on whites by blacks!

How many whites commit crimes Tommy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:26 pm

I don't think so. It's just your misunderstanding of criminal statistical analysis.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Back on topic, the four of them have been denied bail, which is good. Fancy attacking someone and putting it on Facebook. They must be stupid as well as rotten.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:

I don't think so.  It's just your misunderstanding of criminal statistical analysis.

Number of whites m7rdered by blacks is around 500 a year in US... while blacks murdered by whites is around 220 a year...

That is already quite a big difference... but when you factor in that blacks make up only 12% of population... they are doing a hugely disproportionate level of murders of whites...

Then look at rape and other violent offences like robbery or physical assault...

The figures are startling!!!

Whites are the overwhelming victims by blacks...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't think so.  It's just your misunderstanding of criminal statistical analysis.

Number of whites m7rdered by blacks is around 500 a year in US... while blacks murdered by whites is around 220 a year...

That is already quite a big difference... but when you factor in that blacks make up only 12% of population... they are doing a hugely disproportionate level of murders of whites...

Then look at rape and other violent offences like robbery or physical assault...

The figures are startling!!!

Whites are the overwhelming victims by blacks...

You've got to give a lot more than that, including your source.

What areas, what kinds of murders, what are the parallel figures...and then give us your theory of causation, including socio-econmic status, education, type of homes, other crimes, gang related and other material factors.

As I say, it's what you leave out that matters.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:23 pm

I'm not here to write a thesis on it... just to give you the cold hard facts on the actual numbers!!!

You and everyone else are free to look into the figures yourselves and you will then see...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I'm not here to write a thesis on it... just to give you the cold hard facts on the actual numbers!!!

You and everyone else are free to look into the figures yourselves and you will then see...

Read, How to Lie with Statistics, by Darrell Huff. You don't use statistics unless you are willing to "write a thesis on it." When someone says, "Our toothpaste is 97% better, it begs the question, better than what?

If you're not willing to discuss it, you aren't saying anything.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

But you are, in fact, drawing a conclusion, just as you often do -- you're implying that black people are inherently more violent than whites. If anything should be supported by a thesis, it would be a wacky claim like that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next