NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This food delivery startup is helping to feed hungry kids, 5 meals at a time

+2
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
6 posters

Go down

This food delivery startup is helping to feed hungry kids, 5 meals at a time Empty This food delivery startup is helping to feed hungry kids, 5 meals at a time

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:00 pm

Tis the season for giving back. Delivery startup Sharebite, already known for donating one meal to hungry children with every order placed on its platform, is kicking it up a notch.

This month, co-founders [url=http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/search/results?q=Mohsin Memon]Mohsin Memon[/url] and Ahsen Saber launched a "million meal mission." The goal, they say, is to donate five meals for every one order that is placed on the Sharebite app.

This food delivery startup is helping to feed hungry kids, 5 meals at a time Sharebitecofounders*750xx4032-2265-0-467

That means all of you Seamless and Grubhub users who don't feel like running out for lunch during your work day can do some good if you switch over to Sharebite.

If 1,000 orders are made per day, Sharebite can share one million meals with kids in need.

That's not a far fetched goal, Memon says, considering N.Y.C. typically sees 300,000 delivery/take-out orders per day.
I followed up with Memon, a former banker with Bank of America Merrill Lynch, since the mission kicked off to learn more about the Sharebite business model and what inspired him to start the company in the first place.

How has Sharebite grown since it launched last year?

Last year, we did a pilot launch — a feasibility run. We received a very strong response so we scaled it up.

After launching the app last year, we decided to invest in a web transactional platform. We also added another thousand restaurants, doubling it in New York City to over 2,000 restaurants. We're still in our infancy, but growing very quickly since we rolled out the website.

We also have our "million meal challenge" kicking off for the holidays. Originally, we donated on a one-to-one model. We actually donate at least one meal through CityHarvest. Now, we thought let's make more of an impact and donate five meals for every meal ordered. That's our mission for 2017. The holidays seemed like a good time to do it.

http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2016/12/08/this-food-delivery-startup-is-helping-to-feed.html

Well done guys

Back to top Go down

This food delivery startup is helping to feed hungry kids, 5 meals at a time Empty Re: This food delivery startup is helping to feed hungry kids, 5 meals at a time

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:06 am

You really are a sucker for spin and gimmicks...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

This food delivery startup is helping to feed hungry kids, 5 meals at a time Empty Re: This food delivery startup is helping to feed hungry kids, 5 meals at a time

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:09 am

Tommy Monk wrote:You really are a sucker for spin and gimmicks...

You resent feeding children??

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:You really are a sucker for spin and gimmicks...

You resent feeding children??

What Quill said.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:33 pm

How exactly are these two feeding children 5 meals for every one that is bought through their app...?

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

How exactly are these two feeding children 5 meals for every one that is bought through their app...?

lol!

That wasn't the question. We can move on to 'how' next.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:07 pm

In answer to question... I resent the use of gimmicks like 'feeding poor children' to promote a private business purely for ghrir own financial gain.

Now... Maybe you could answer my question...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:In answer to question... I resent the use of gimmicks like 'feeding poor children' to promote a private business purely for ghrir own financial gain.

Now... Maybe you could answer my question...?

You have avoided the question and danced over to a diversion. I want to know if you resent feeding the children. It seems to me the important question is 'the children', yet you divert over to an argument as to 'how it is impossible to help the children'...methodology rather than, directly, feeding the children.

By diverting over to that question you avoid a discussion of how to 'help the children'. I want to know if you resent helping the children.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:22 pm

What children are they feeding?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:What children are they feeding?

What children would you feed, and more importantly, how?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:What children are they feeding?

This thread isn't about me...

I am questioning the validity of the claim made in op and for an explanation of what exactly is it that they are doing to justify making such a claim...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

lol!

https://www.cityharvest.org/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:57 pm

What's the cost structure like?
The restaurants pay 10 to 15 percent in commission. We're giving it back through our fees from the restaurants. CityHarvest gets 23 cents to cover the cost of one meal. In this case, five children are being fed with $1.15 from us.

seems pretty reasonable....

So we are back to Tommy hating on Children and Muslims fro no apparent reason CAUSE that was in the article.

Tommy Check yourself. cause Serisously rather than read an article you called for children to starve rathert an accep that a Mulsim might be charitiable.

Last edited by veya_victaous on Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:25 pm

I have already looked into the activities of 'CityHarvest'...

And while I applaud what THEY are doing...

The two in the op are cynically using the message of charity to advertise and promote their own private business venture for their own personal financial gain!!!

Cityharvest do not give meals to hungry children... what they do is operate a collection & delivery system of food (that would otherwise mostly be thrown away) from restaurants/caterers and other food outlets/suppliers/shops etc, which they then deliver around to up to 500 various other organisations (like soup kitchens etc) who are each themselves providing the direct service to needy people in each of their areas.

I'm sure that any extra bit of food each organisation may get from cityharvest is greatly appreciated... 23cents roughly pays for each pound of food to be collected from sonewhere and delivered to one of them... (a pound of food = 450g... about the same weight as a tin of beans...)

But it's a big stretch from this... to the claim that every order taken through these twos food app results in a poor hungry child being fed...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:35 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I'm sure that any extra bit of food each organisation may get from cityharvest is greatly appreciated... 23cents roughly pays for each pound of food to be collected from sonewhere and delivered to one of them... (a pound of food = 450g... about the same weight as a tin of beans...)

But it's a big stretch from this... to the claim that every order taken through these twos food app results in a poor hungry child being fed...!
It may be far to advance math to explain to you for your limited understanding ...but you are aware that every business - even a food service has a accounting register that tabulates their daily receipts!
And there are codes for each server - each menu item ordered - each item served table or ordered for 'take out' and it's very - very easy for the owners to just calculate their donations accordingly!

But since you've got such a  Butt Burn This food delivery startup is helping to feed hungry kids, 5 meals at a time 1681210668  about this issue; why don't you go ASK and report back with your Sherlock Holmes fact finding mission!  Now that would be enlightening!  Do hurry along and don't keep the adults waiting.  This food delivery startup is helping to feed hungry kids, 5 meals at a time 3922118137

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:02 pm

What's your point...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
What's your point...?
Evil or Very Mad   Still needing help with that reading problem?  Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:11 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, you began by criticizing sassy...for posting, right?  The thread really isn't about sassy, either.  So, back to topic, I asked if you resented the program and it's goals.

Tommy Monk wrote:I am questioning the validity of the claim made in op and for an explanation of what exactly is it that they are doing to justify making such a claim...?

I know that.  And no, you didn't ask the second question about justification.  Your criticism can either be an assault on this program, or on any program; you are unclear.  If you resent the children being fed under any program, I want to get to the bottom of it.  If you were really concerned about the children, you would have suggestions as to 1) how this program didn't accomplish the goal; and 2) what you would suggest as a better method.  Since you offer nothing, of course I assume you are against any such program.

So I ask, do you resent the feeding of the children?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:38 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
What's your point...?
Evil or Very Mad   Still needing help with that reading problem?  Suspect

I have no problem reading...

It's just that, having read your inane rambling, I was unable to see the point you were trying to make...

Could you try to make your point again for me please?

And this time try to be a little more concise for reasons of clarity?

Ta very much!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:44 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Well, you began by criticizing sassy...for posting, right?  The thread really isn't about sassy, either.  So, back to topic, I asked if you resented the program and it's goals.

Tommy Monk wrote:I am questioning the validity of the claim made in op and for an explanation of what exactly is it that they are doing to justify making such a claim...?

I know that.  And no, you didn't ask the second question about justification.  Your criticism can either be an assault on this program, or on any program; you are unclear.  If you resent the children being fed under any program, I want to get to the bottom of it.  If you were really concerned about the children, you would have suggestions as to 1) how this program didn't accomplish the goal; and 2) what you would suggest as a better method.  Since you offer nothing, of course I assume you are against any such program.

Think you need to read the thread again as you are getting carried away in the vortex of your own spin...!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:28 am

4EVER2 wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:But it's a big stretch from this... to the claim that every order taken through these twos food app results in a poor hungry child being fed...!
It may be far to advance math to explain to you for your limited understanding ...but you are aware that every business - even a food service has a accounting register that tabulates their daily receipts!
And there are codes for each server - each menu item ordered - each item served table or ordered for 'take out' and it's very - very easy for the owners to just calculate their donations accordingly!

But since you've got such a  Butt Burn This food delivery startup is helping to feed hungry kids, 5 meals at a time 1681210668  about this issue; why don't you go ASK and report back with your Sherlock Holmes fact finding mission!  Now that would be enlightening!  Do hurry along and don't keep the adults waiting.  This food delivery startup is helping to feed hungry kids, 5 meals at a time 3922118137
You claim 'my post inane' but your lack of both reading and your failing memory in just this one topic is highly suspect and obtuse!
Tommykins posted earlier > How exactly are these two feeding children 5 meals for every one that is bought through their app...?   now obtain an adult to re-read my reply! Twisted Evil
So, now you'll duck & dodge both of my points - while fleeing from answering Quills specific question about whether you'd refuse starving malnourished children because of the Muslim source that the food came from? 
Avoidance Speaks Loudly, for you Tommykins ...just as you playing coy & obtuse when it serves your agenda! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:31 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Think you need to read the thread again as you are getting carried away in the vortex of your own spin...!lol!

Stop stalling.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:47 am

Laughing          TOMMY'S bullshite trolling efforts on so many threads lately, on goes to demonstrate what a lovable little soul hemreally is at heart :

Suspects any person or organisation showing the least sign of charity;
Suspects the motives of anybody wanting to do any good;
Labels asylum seekers, refugees, legal migrants, 'economic migrants' and illegal immigrants all as if they were one amalgamated group of immigrants --  much along the same line as Pte Pain's "forrinuz";
Claims that any photo he doesn't like must be "photoshopped";
Describes any of his detractors as "lefties" and "liberals" -- irrespective of their actual political leanings;
Claims that man_assisted climate change isn't happening --  and doesn't even believe that the Earth's climate is warming;
And describes Hitler and Mussolini as lefties and socialists  !!!

Says it all about poor li'l Tommykins, really..
         Rolling Eyes
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:21 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

You claim 'my post inane' but your lack of both reading and your failing memory in just this one topic is highly suspect and obtuse!
Tommykins posted earlier > How exactly are these two feeding children 5 meals for every one that is bought through their app...?   now obtain an adult to re-read my reply! Twisted Evil
So, now you'll duck & dodge both of my points - while fleeing from answering Quills specific question about whether you'd refuse starving malnourished children because of the Muslim source that the food came from? 
Avoidance Speaks Loudly, for you Tommykins ...just as you playing coy & obtuse when it serves your agenda! Evil or Very Mad

I'm still not sure what point you are trying to make that has any relevance to what I've said here...

But we have already established that the 23 cents donation per order through these peoples app, does not provide a meal for a poor staving child... so their claim is spurious and nothing more than just a cynical marketing/advertising ploy!!!

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Think you need to read the thread again as you are getting carried away in the vortex of your own spin...!lol!

Stop stalling.

Stop waffling!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:22 pm

My god you are a thick racist bastard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down